It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am SICK of gun haters!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It's still happening.

These passive-aggressive gun debaters on facebook are going as low as to insult the way I look, and condemn me for being an Alex Jones listener. They say my argument regarding gun control is "Really funny."

[snip]

edit on 28/1/13 by JAK because: Please see Terms and Conditions of Use secion 15a) Offensive Content.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
It's still happening.

These passive-aggressive gun debaters on facebook are going as low as to insult the way I look, and condemn me for being an Alex Jones listener. They say my argument regarding gun control is "Really funny."

If you actually admit to listening to Jones, you pretty much open yourself up to it. You can take them off your friends list.

If you don't want them to insult the way you look, don't post pictures of yourself for them to see or don't have them on your friends list. Problem solved.

If they are insulting and condemning you, that would be active-aggressive, not passive aggressive. You can take them off your friends list.

Facebook isn't really there for "debating", it's just a social networking site to play web games and tell people what you had for dinner.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by HopSkipJump

It's still happening.

If you actually admit to listening to Jones, you pretty much open yourself up to it. You can take them off your friends list.

If you don't want them to insult the way you look, don't post pictures of yourself for them to see or don't have them on your friends list. Problem solved.

If they are insulting and condemning you, that would be active-aggressive, not passive aggressive. You can take them off your friends list.

Facebook isn't really there for "debating", it's just a social networking site to play web games and tell people what you had for dinner.

They aren't on my friends list. I was on a gun-debating page, a facebook page MADE for the gun control debate.

They were being extremely passive aggressive. They weren't typing in caps, or cussing (much), but they would type in a calm, collected manner, then throw something insulting in the last second.

After telling them my opinion, they took turns trolling my profile, posting things on their page... links to my account, which follows Alex Jones, etc.

BTW, I never TOLD anyone I listened to AJ. They trolled my account and found out. I would "lock up" my account so no one can see it, but it makes it that much harder for people to find me.

They were being asses, simply based on the fact that my opinion was different from their's. There was NO OTHER reason for their distaste for me.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

They aren't on my friends list. I was on a gun-debating page, a facebook page MADE for the gun control debate.

They were being extremely passive aggressive. They weren't typing in caps, or cussing (much), but they would type in a calm, collected manner, then throw something insulting in the last second.

After telling them my opinion, they took turns trolling my profile, posting things on their page... links to my account, which follows Alex Jones, etc.

BTW, I never TOLD anyone I listened to AJ. They trolled my account and found out. I would "lock up" my account so no one can see it, but it makes it that much harder for people to find me.

They were being asses, simply based on the fact that my opinion was different from their's. There was NO OTHER reason for their distaste for me.

Block them, it's easy to do.

Being calm and collected isn't passive-aggressive, it's mature and intelligent. There's a big difference. People shouldn't cuss, type in all caps and scream obscenities while having a discussion. That's not a discussion, it's an argument and is very childish as well as unproductive. What you saw as an insult may have just been a statement.

You posted something on here (which was rightfully snipped out) that outright threatened their lives. It sounds as though you are much more aggressive than they are. Perhaps the problem is with you, not with them.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Block them, it's easy to do.

Being calm and collected isn't passive-aggressive, it's mature and intelligent. There's a big difference. People shouldn't cuss, type in all caps and scream obscenities while having a discussion. That's not a discussion, it's an argument and is very childish as well as unproductive. What you saw as an insult may have just been a statement.

You posted something on here (which was rightfully snipped out) that outright threatened their lives. It sounds as though you are much more aggressive than they are. Perhaps the problem is with you, not with them.

No. It's not.

I posted on their page a bunch of statistics, regarding to the fact that banning assault rifles will not stop school shootings, or really do any good whatsoever. I said that people who are strongly advocating this idea are brainwashed, but that was the most offensive thing I said.

One of them comes back at me with "Oh, you heard all this on the internet, so it must be true huh..."

Another types out a paragraph telling me that all of my post was garbage, but he gave no evidence backing this claim, and he added "By the way, Jewel... your profile picture is really disturbing, I find myself disgusted just looking at it. If you're going to post things to troll people, just use an enlarged size of your profile pic."

Dude. I'm not ugly. I'm alternative, but I'm not ugly.

Another member of this page typed out very clearly that I was a brainwashed ignorant tool, and that I needed to "get my %^^& straight" before posting anything on their page, and it didn't matter what I said, because I'm too young to matter anyway. "You're just a stupid kid looking for attention."

So, yes, I threatened their lives out of anger. They called me names, suggested I was ignorant (for posting statistics? Really?), and sadly, they didn't prove ANYTHING I said wrong. It was ALL passive aggressive personal attacks.

The reason I used the phrase "passive aggressive" is because these people, three or four of them, were typing properly and clearly while insulting me, rather than using caps and misspelling everything, like a lost of people I've argued with have done.

God help me for being angry about that. I don't regret it, and I'd do it again.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

First of all, did you know that, statistically speaking, your children are more likely to die from almost ANYTHING other than a school shooting? Suicide is at the top of that list, because so many of our children are medicated nowadays.

If you had your way, and everyone was allowed to pack heat, I think those statistics would change.

BTW I don't hate guns, qualified sharpshooter, I hate the idea of everyone on the street carrying one.

I could use your argument against you, if there is such a low incident of gun deaths then why do you need one?

Seems like it would be more logical to protect yourself from the ANYTHING other than gun crime against you, eh?
edit on 1/29/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hating guns and being exceptionally uncomfortable with the idea of a culture that is morbidly obsessed with their guns is two different things altogether.

I own guns and treat them with great responsibility. I'm old enough now that my kids and my nephews are all adults or right at the edge of being adults - and not a single one of them ever had uncontrolled access to my weapons.

On the other hand, I happen to live in a fairly rough neighborhood and even at my age, I've had two pistols pointed at me in the last year - both times by drug addicted gang bangers. The funny part is that I knew, both times, the cowards didn't have the sand to pull the trigger. My fear was that they'd accidentally shoot me while they were trying to act like bad asses.

As long as there are people who think life is a video game, Vin Diesel movie, or a rap music video? We need to be having a discussion about guns.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Yes, it is easy to block. Facebook options are not that complicated. Unless you're some teenaged dropout, it should be quite easy to figure it out.

Sounds like you were the one being passive agressive and the people who responded to you had very good points. You're just upset that they put you in your place.

Those of us who own guns and want to protect our rights to own them have to work double time against those who are adamantly against them and the opposite exteme who make everyone else look bad.

You admit that you threatened their life out of anger. You should NEVER be allowed to carry a gun. Your words, your responses, your attitude are what will cause more restrictions. In order to keep people safe, you have to be restricted because you can't even be trusted on an internet message board to not threaten people's lives. In person, you may snap and go on some shooting spree and take away more rights from those of us who act responsibly.

You can't legally carry one until you're 21, and I seriously question whether you are 21 yet. Adults don't behave in that manner.... or they shouldn't.

edit on 29-1-2013 by HopSkipJump because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The problem isnt guns. It's a rather large portion of our youth are on prescription medication. Psychotropic drugs are the problem. Suicidal thoughts, homicidal thoughts have any of you read the damn side effects of some of these drugs? There's more side effects than symptoms being treated.

Any one taking these meds are a threat, at any time or place regardless if they have a firearm or not.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
For all the tough guys on here who claim they would have stopped a shooting if they were there with their gun...

A POLICE OFFICER had just pulled over a car for a routine traffic stop. The officer strode confidently up to the car, hands on his hips, with a bravado swagger as if he were fully in control of the situation. He started to peer into the driver’s window. Suddenly, the man in the car pulled a gun and fired several shots. The officer fell to the ground, screaming and crying in a frenzied panic, “I’ve been shot! I’ve been shot! Call an ambulance! I’ve been shot!”

When the paramedics arrived, they discovered that the officer hadn’t even been wounded. All the shots had missed. The only observable damage was that this tough cop had wet his pants.

That’s how identity works. In one flash, all of the officer’s self-assured control left him, and he was reduced to the helplessness of a baby. Illusions of who we think we are—and claim to be—evaporate in a puff of smoke. And if we haven’t learned how to live from the place of a true identity, we will pay the price in trauma until we do learn how to live.

www.guidetopsychology.com...

You do not know who you really are, or what you would do, until you are in that situation.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Just becasue that cop was wussy, sure don't mean all men are. Just means that one cop has issues with getting his head damn near blown off. Have you ever been it a situation that invloved a gun? If your answer is yes, then feel free to knock all the gun folks you want. If your answer is no. Then why don't you respectfully just stop stirring the pot of allready stinking shat.

I have used a gun in defence of my self family. I will be a little more animated telling you this fact. Attempted home invasion, 911 on phone, door kicked in, man with shotgun, 5 rounds from my Glock 22 and he made it about ten or fifteen feet back toward car. I did not hesitate in pulling the trigger, as the career criminal that kicked open my door did not hesitate in invading my home.

Long story short. He's dead, I'm not. end of story. His accomplice in prison for 25 to life. Me free as a damn bird.
I don't dislike you because seem to be anti-gun. I dislike the fact you want all of us to be like you. Unarmed and vulnerable.
edit on 30-1-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Yes, it is easy to block. Facebook options are not that complicated. Unless you're some teenaged dropout, it should be quite easy to figure it out.

Sounds like you were the one being passive agressive and the people who responded to you had very good points. You're just upset that they put you in your place.

Those of us who own guns and want to protect our rights to own them have to work double time against those who are adamantly against them and the opposite exteme who make everyone else look bad.

You admit that you threatened their life out of anger. You should NEVER be allowed to carry a gun. Your words, your responses, your attitude are what will cause more restrictions. In order to keep people safe, you have to be restricted because you can't even be trusted on an internet message board to not threaten people's lives. In person, you may snap and go on some shooting spree and take away more rights from those of us who act responsibly.

You can't legally carry one until you're 21, and I seriously question whether you are 21 yet. Adults don't behave in that manner.... or they shouldn't.

edit on 29-1-2013 by HopSkipJump because: (no reason given)

How can you be rightfully "put in your place" just from stating an opinion?

You're saying they're justified in calling me names and acting like children? And you have the nerve to call me the passive aggressive one? Listen, after everything they said (it was way to extensive for me to care to post), I owed them a LOT more then venting behind their backs.

I would never ACTUALLY kill another human being over a petty fight. You're nobody to judge me, and I'll carry, own, and shoot whatever I damn well please.

The one thing you DID get right, however, is my age. I'm 19, just a kid.

I can vent however I like. You're not my judge.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

First of all, did you know that, statistically speaking, your children are more likely to die from almost ANYTHING other than a school shooting? Suicide is at the top of that list, because so many of our children are medicated nowadays.

If you had your way, and everyone was allowed to pack heat, I think those statistics would change.

BTW I don't hate guns, qualified sharpshooter, I hate the idea of everyone on the street carrying one.

I could use your argument against you, if there is such a low incident of gun deaths then why do you need one?

Seems like it would be more logical to protect yourself from the ANYTHING other than gun crime against you, eh?
edit on 1/29/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

I never said everyone should pack heat.

My view is that my rights shouldn't be affected because of the handful of psychotic screw-ups in my country who like to murder children and get their spot on the news.

I'm all in favor of extensive background checks, and not selling to psychos.

But, the problem with that is, who gets to say what qualifies as psycho?

Big Al, one of the most famous guys from the show Doomsday Preppers, has a really hard time being allowed to buy guns. He has no record, nothing bad on his name.

But, when he made a trip to the doctor, they were giving him a hard time about his insurance and the papers he was supposed to sign, so he got angry. He did not get violent, but he got a little verbally aggressive. He argued with the doctors.

Now, somehow, certain places won't sell him a fire arm, because when his name pops up on their computer, it says he's mentally unstable.

Those are the kinds of things That particularly bother me.

As for banning assault rifles, along with the other hundred or so types of guns they want to ban, nope.

I'm not for that.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

You're saying they're justified in calling me names and acting like children? And you have the nerve to call me the passive aggressive one? Listen, after everything they said (it was way to extensive for me to care to post), I owed them a LOT more then venting behind their backs.

I would never ACTUALLY kill another human being over a petty fight. You're nobody to judge me, and I'll carry, own, and shoot whatever I damn well please.

yes, they were justified and you are very passive aggressive.
No, you won't carry, own and shoot whatever you please, you are not over 21 and you will be arrested if you are caught. It may be the best thing that could happen.
Just another stupid kid thinking they know what they're doing

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Heya,

Saw you flaunting the violent crime stats provided by Fox and other MSM's. I thought I'd message you to highlight the difference in reporting methods as which result in this discrepancy and show you why:

1. What you're saying is completely wrong.

2. Why you need to understand the statistics you're quoting before you do so.

What is "Violent Crime"? It doesn't have an obvious definition and it differs country to country. The statistics picked up for the UK in the comparison are not made for international comparison and nothing is taken into account to address the differences when the conclusions are drawn thus making them invalid.

The US counts just 4 crimes as a violent crime in the number which was reached for making the comparison:

Murder & Manslaughter
Forcible Rape (As opposed to...?)
Robbery
Aggrivated Assault

(Source:www2.fbi.gov...)

The UK however, violent crime is all sorts of things including vandalism/damage to property. Being verbally abusive is also considered violent amongst many, many other things. An extensive list of what is considered to be a violent crime in the UK can be found in the link below which I would suggest that you read.

(Source: www.homeoffice.gov.uk...)

However, what isn't really open for debate are murder statistics. A murder is a murder and that's pretty well defined between countries.

Using information collated by the United Nations using national reports, the US had 4.8 murders per 100,000 citizens for a total of over 14,000 murders in 2010. This is on a downward trend from 8.1 in 1995, the improvement is very comendable!

The UK however enjoys one of the worlds lowest murder rates at 1.2 per 100,000 people for a total of 722 murders in 2010, on a downward trend from from 1995 of 1.5 making it a whopping 5 times lower than that of the US.

(Source: www.unodc.org/documents/data-and-analysis/statistics/crime/Homicide_statistics2012.xls)

Please note the upward spike you see in the UK's stats for 2003 is due to the murders carried out by Harold Shipman over the past 20 years being counted all in that year. The 7/7 terrorist attacks are also counted as murders in some counts but I'm not sure if they are here.

Now, to say that the UK has more violent crime than South Africa, which has 21 murders per year is simply preposterous and that is what the figures presented originally suggested. To live in a country with 2,000 violent crimes per 100,000 persons per year would be practically living in civil war.

I look forward to you updating the thread accordingly, preferably with an apology.

Thanks.

I also dropped this in a U2U for you in case you wished to discuss it further and not derail the thread.
edit on 3-2-2013 by sajuek because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

yes, they were justified and you are very passive aggressive.
No, you won't carry, own and shoot whatever you please, you are not over 21 and you will be arrested if you are caught. It may be the best thing that could happen.
Just another stupid kid thinking they know what they're doing

Yeah? Try and stop me.

Like I said, you're nobody. Get over yourself.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sajuek
Heya,

Saw you flaunting the violent crime stats provided by Fox and other MSM's. I thought I'd message you to highlight the difference in reporting methods as which result in this discrepancy and show you why:

1. What you're saying is completely wrong.

2. Why you need to understand the statistics you're quoting before you do so.

What is "Violent Crime"? It doesn't have an obvious definition and it differs country to country. The statistics picked up for the UK in the comparison are not made for international comparison and nothing is taken into account to address the differences when the conclusions are drawn thus making them invalid.

The US counts just 4 crimes as a violent crime in the number which was reached for making the comparison:

Murder & Manslaughter
Forcible Rape (As opposed to...?)
Robbery
Aggrivated Assault

(Source:www2.fbi.gov...)

The UK however, violent crime is all sorts of things including vandalism/damage to property. Being verbally abusive is also considered violent amongst many, many other things. An extensive list of what is considered to be a violent crime in the UK can be found in the link below which I would suggest that you read.

(Source: www.homeoffice.gov.uk...)

However, what isn't really open for debate are murder statistics. A murder is a murder and that's pretty well defined between countries.

Using information collated by the United Nations using national reports, the US had 4.8 murders per 100,000 citizens for a total of over 14,000 murders in 2010. This is on a downward trend from 8.1 in 1995, the improvement is very comendable!

The UK however enjoys one of the worlds lowest murder rates at 1.2 per 100,000 people for a total of 722 murders in 2010, on a downward trend from from 1995 of 1.5 making it a whopping 5 times lower than that of the US.

(Source: www.unodc.org/documents/data-and-analysis/statistics/crime/Homicide_statistics2012.xls)

Please note the upward spike you see in the UK's stats for 2003 is due to the murders carried out by Harold Shipman over the past 20 years being counted all in that year. The 7/7 terrorist attacks are also counted as murders in some counts but I'm not sure if they are here.

Now, to say that the UK has more violent crime than South Africa, which has 21 murders per year is simply preposterous and that is what the figures presented originally suggested. To live in a country with 2,000 violent crimes per 100,000 persons per year would be practically living in civil war.

I look forward to you updating the thread accordingly, preferably with an apology.

Thanks.

I also dropped this in a U2U for you in case you wished to discuss it further and not derail the thread.
edit on 3-2-2013 by sajuek because: (no reason given)

I barely referred to the statistics... and when did I say anything about South Africa?

Apologize? For venting my personal beliefs on gun control? Nope.

I understand everything you said, but don't misunderstand. I never said our country was perfect.

We are a violent society in general. Still, my gun rights being taken because of a handful of psychos in my country? I don't agree with that. Never will.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Yeah? Try and stop me.

Sure thing, give your name and address, I'll be more than happy to report you.

Of course since you have admitted to a crime (underage weapon possession) as well as threatened the life of others, ATS should report you by law...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Yeah? Try and stop me.

Sure thing, give your name and address, I'll be more than happy to report you.

Of course since you have admitted to a crime (underage weapon possession) as well as threatened the life of others, ATS should report you by law...

Report me for what? Alleged claims made on the internet? I don't own a hand gun. Not yet.

Shotguns are more my game.

Besides that, I think people have said far worse than "Arrgh, I'm gonna kill them!" on the internet, and have gotten off scott free. Especially in my country.

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Your data comparing crime in the US compared to the UK is flawed...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join