Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

I am SICK of gun haters!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
First of all, did you know that, statistically speaking, your children are more likely to die from almost ANYTHING other than a school shooting? Suicide is at the top of that list, because so many of our children are medicated nowadays.

Also, assault rifle crimes are rare in America. Did you know that, if you're attacked with a weapon, you're three times more likely to be attacked with a knife than any kind of fire arm? And, did you know that the UK's violent crime rate is three times ours?

Don't believe those statistics? Look them up.

Passing laws against our guns is not going to stop psychos from killing.

Yes, the Sandy Hook shooting was a tragedy, like all shootings, but it was not the gun that killed anyone. Guns do not have the ability to wake up in the morning, break out of their gun cabinets, and go kill people of their own accord. People kill people.

You want a solution? Home school your children. Don't cast hate on useless organizations like the NRA. That helps nothing, and protects no one. The idea that banning assault rifles will stop the threat of homicide is entirely ignorant, and quite frankly, it's pathetic that SO MANY Americans are considering it so strongly.

You people see this ban as a "way to do something about the problem," do you not? Well, let me ask you something.

You didn't want to "do anything" when the Columbine shooting happened, did you?

Why do you find yourself wanting to "do something" now? I'll tell you why.

Because the government put this bill in front of your face, right after exploiting a tragedy like Sandy Hook to traumatize the nation.

You jumped right on the bandwagon, blindly following your emotions, giving no logical thought into the matter. "Yes! Take our guns! Then the kids will be safe!"

Wrong.

If you criminalize guns, only criminals will HAVE guns.

The police won't be standing by your porch every night, protecting your home from danger. Only you can do that... unless, of course, you want guns to be banned.

It is utterly SICKENING to see people who surpass my age, wisdom, and experience in so many ways, say such IGNORANT things, like "Let's make a facebook page just to hate the NRA!"

WHY?

What does that solve?

What will banning assault rifles and big magazines solve? Nothing. Criminals will still have large magazines and assault rifles, weather you ban them or not. How? Criminals Do. Not. Follow. The. Law.

I understand how this thing might emotionally provoke parents, but seriously... you can't forget to THINK about this. Your kids are in more danger at the bus stop in the morning than they are in the school. And, if you're afraid of them being in school--HOME SCHOOL THEM! Better than teaching them brainwash anyway!

Lock your guns up! Teach your children proper gun safety, and that guns are ONLY for self defense and hunting! Home school your kids! Stop putting them on mind-altering pills that gives them suicidal and homicidal tendancies! There are a zillion other HELPFUL options rather than banning assault rifles!

People... if any of you care at ALL about our rights being stepped and stomped upon, spit on, then set ablaze, you will click this link and give it a minute of reading.

This is the list of guns that will be banned if the new law gets passed. The final list will be worse.

There are over a hundred different types of guns here that we American take for granted... after all, we thought we had the right to bear arms... but apparently we don't.

I waste so much time, on facebook, chat sites, and in person, explaining this to people who REFUSE to understand it (it's not that they can't understand it, they simply refuse to). I'm tired of hearing the ignorant hate. I am SICK of it.

Obama's "Gun-Ban" List

Feel free to move this to Rant Forums if you have to, mods.

So, that's all. Let me have it.

edit on 25-1-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)
edit on 25-1-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Bang.

You're dead.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
double post.
edit on 25-1-2013 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This isn't like the Ron Paul fan bois vs everyone else kind of debate, from what I'm hearing out in the real world, and online, it's like 99% are FOR gun rights while 1% are against... and those 1%'ers are just parroting what they've heard all over TV nonstop. Their opinions are not really their own.

This is a gun grab "attempt", if it doesn't go as smooth as they plan, they will focus our attention onto something else coming soon, then in the back rooms, pass more gun laws on the down low later on.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

There are idiots on both sides. The solution isn't in banning guns, it's in banning stupidity.
Take away all the warning signs on products that anyone in their right mind don't need anyway and they'll weed themselves out.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

double post

Double tap you mean...

Rule #2 The Double Tap

www.zombielandrules.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I couldn't agree with you more. My kids will learn gun safety and be able to protect themselves. Oh, I mean I would've taught them, but someone stole all of my guns and ammo recently.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
We don't like you either.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Dear XxNightAngelusxX,

Personally, grew up with guns and am a very good shot. My father was in law enforcement and people had attempted to kill him more than once. He taught us young because a gun was always in the house. I would not argue to take away people's guns. I wouldn't allow private citizens to buy nuclear weapons, heck, we want to stop Arabs from getting those. Would you allow Americans to buy weapons that you would prevent other countries from having? The question is where is the line, not if there should be a line, in my humble opinion and if there will be any real discussion over what private citizens should be allowed to have.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I saw a clip on the tv while at a freinds house tonight (I'm in the uk), it was the tail end of the news and they showed a clip of some Sherrif? in the US, all we saw was this guy say "Guns dont kill people, people kill people"

Thats all there was. No comment or nothing. It was one of those shots where the camera is almost up the guys nose and he looked menacing.

Still trying to get my head round why they showed that over here? It was without doubt designed to scare the pants of the sheeple, but we dont have any guns...well, the police and the criminals do, but the rest of us dont.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Personally, I believe that ONLY the people of the different countries should have guns. Sure, authority figures can be ALLOWED guns by the people, but... well, my idea of a decent functioning world is entirely backwards from how it is now.

Basically--the PEOPLE make all the rules, and the government's only job would be to keep the economy going properly. That's it, cut and dry.

I know that kind of world would have it's problems too, but I'd rather that then living under tyrants.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
We don't like you either.

Clearly. Ignorance defies truth.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HopSkipJump

Now that you mention it....He almost did! With an AK-47 no less.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Passing laws against our guns is not going to stop psychos from killing.

Just like every other conspiracy here on ATS, most are completely out of touch with reality on this issue.

WHY? Our "governments" are the REAL psychos and most can't handle that kind of truth.

It's the governments that have ALWAYS been behind the worst crimes committed against humanity.

The REAL serial killers are those we THOUGHT were there to protect us.

"...the tragic fact is that disarming victims leads to great bloodshed. I'm referring to the millions of people who died at the hands of their government over the past century. Most of these mass murders were preceded by a cynical and calculating "gun control" program, leading to eventual disarmament. Genocide followed soon thereafter."

Leave Mass Murder to the Professionals
DEATH BY GOVERNMENT

There are those who believe that the government should have the monopoly on violence; that the government should be the only one armed, and that we should trust the government to protect us. There is just one little tiny problem with that, and that is that the gang of armed men doing the killing and the kidnapping usually IS the government.

It is the governments of the world who have initiated the genocides, the ethnic cleansings, the great mass murders. It's the governments that have systematically exterminated political dissidents. It's the governments who have built the concentration camps and the secret prisons.

It's the governments that have always been behind the worst crimes committed against humanity. Human governments have repeatedly demonstrated themselves to be the most bloodthirsty, ruthless, and corrupt organizations on earth. Even the sickest serial killers have nothing on the state.

And yet some would entrust them with the absolute power of life and death over you and your family. That's what is at stake when you give the government the monopoly on violence, because when the people have no defense the government has no boundaries.

The REAL Mass Murderers

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

And this, among hundreds of other cases is why anti-gun proponents have an argument.

If all gun owners were as responsible as they should be with guns, there wouldn't be a problem.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Okay, I suppose that's an awful good argument for gun control in the Democratic Republic of the Congo or whichever West African war zone that was filmed in...and it was one of them, but I shared it more as a cute yet serious example of how even monkeys are a menace when just handed a weapon to play with.

Gun Control is having education, training and self control to not only hit what it being shot at but to not shoot what shouldn't be. If I had my way on this, gun safety classes would be as commonplace as Home Economics and Wood Shop classes once were in school. Do they even have the shop classes anymore or has terror of law suits pretty well killed everything useful out of school?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Gun Control is having education, training and self control to not only hit what it being shot at but to not shoot what shouldn't be. If I had my way on this, gun safety classes would be as commonplace as Home Economics and Wood Shop classes once were in school.

Completely agree.

The flippancy of some gun owners is more concerning than the occasional mass shooting to be honest.

Goes back to education if you ask me.

One could liken it to the way the government (here in Australia at least) tackles the road toll.

Instead of teaching kids how to handle a car properly at a young age they use scare tactics.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Wow, I couldn't agree more. I know there are folks in the whole debate who would just like to pretend for the moment that stupid and reckless gun owners don't exist or it's a tiny minority rarely seen ...but that's just not the case. I've had to cut more than one day a little shorter than I would have liked on unsupervised ranges in the area because Bubba and Company showed up with their Gun Show AR-15's and everything else to go fight the 2nd Civil War and all the safety to go with the mental image that brings.

Ditto on driving, as a side thing. They've pretty much done away with what used to be mandatory SCHOOL based driver education in cars with certified instructors for everyone. Now? I'm not sure how it works or if ANY training is required if a kid just waits a couple years to hit 18. Given what I see around town with multiple colleges and a University? Umm... I wonder if they even have a challenging test to pass at the License Bureau, let alone training.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I am just SICK of trying to talk to people who say that I'm throwing out "baseless claims" (which were statistics) and I'M the brainwashed gun-loving drone who loves to support big gun-making organizations, or organizations like the NRA.

I never claimed to support ANY organization or corporation. Those stupid gun haters assumed that.

I told them flat out--I don't give a DAMN about any corporation. My concern is the people. We, the people, still deserve to have guns to protect ourselves, despite a couple of psychos. The government is run by psychos, but they get to keep their guns. How am I the bad guy for wanting my freedoms to remain un-raped and un-slaughtered?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

There are lies, there are damned lies and there are statistics. ~Mark Twain

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join