It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I tended to ignore work on paranormal phenomena"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Simon Thorpe, the CNRS Director of Research for the Brain and Cognition Research Center at the University of Toulouse, France, gives his opinion on psi phenonmenon and materialism.

This 55 minute talk is a presentation that I originally made on the 15th of January 2013 to a group called "Incognu" which is an association of people interested in Cognition in Toulouse. I was asked to talk about Paranormal phenomena, and so I did.

My basic position can be summarized as follows:

Can paranormal phenomena be studied scientifically? YES!
Is it important to study such phenomena? YES!
Is there convincing evidence? YES!! (for some phenomena)
Does it make sense? YES - It can help explain the evolution of consciousness
Are there possible explanations? Yes, possibly (Quantum Physics, entanglement....)

In my case, I tended to ignore work on paranormal phenomena. However, since reading the work of Dean Radin and Rupert Sheldrake, I feel that it is no longer possible to pretend that such phenomena are illusory. And if they are real, the implications for our understanding of the universe that we live in will be revolutionized.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
This isn't youtube...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Rupert Sheldrake is a pioneer. While most ignore this phenomena I have been building an understanding of the universe that transcends science and materialism. I look at the people i work with every day and marvel at how ignorant they all are of the truth. But the fact is that if they did know what I know they would probably all have nervous breakdowns and lock themselves in a closet. The truth is that shocking. When you see things like a goblin entity in your room late at night it really is a game changer. And thats just the beginning. How many out there would be comfortable with the fact that not all of their thoughts are their own? Not many, and thats a minor peice of the conciousness puzzle. i know a lot but I have to keep it to myself its dangerous information when realised.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I would not be too quick to abandon your opinion. Most of the time a material view of the world is correct. If you throw yourself headlong into the occult you could find yourself crowleyed: die broke. You have to fit this info of the world as a part of how it works and bear in mind that most of the time the humdrum explanation is the correct one.

top topics

join