It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunlight does NOT cause skin Cancer!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebtheb

Originally posted by eXia7

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

Originally posted by Neutradol
Think sunlight alone can cause skin cancer? So did I! But according to the guy in this video, it doesn't. In fact, it actually protects against skin cancer! Watch and see for yorself. Very interesting stuff.

tv.naturalnews.com...

Sun light causes skin cancer?

I started to have my doubts when they started marketing sunscreen...all double digit factors of it.

Yeah, I personally think that the sunscreen itself is what causes skin cancer, also with the tanning oil as well.

Actually there is very good evidence to support sunscreen causing skin cancer. While it does ensure that your skin will not burn, there are chemicals in the sunscreen itself that activate free radicals in your skin and mixed with the sunlight can cause skin cancer. If you look at a graph of when each country started pushing sunscreen, you will see a jump in skin cancer AFTER they started pushing it. The correlation is pretty clear.

The problem with tanning beds is this: UVA and UVB come from the sun. UVA actually destroys vitamin D, while UVB produces it. The tanning beds, 90% of them are UVA only. Since vitamin D prevents all forms of cancer, including skin, the complete absence of vitamin D and the more damaging UVA allowed to run by itself, is not good. If I go to a tanning bed, I make sure that it has the natural percentage of UVB in it as well.

I agree with you that chemicals might be a contributory factor, but you need to think through the cause and effect. Perhaps it is not the sunscreen that causes cancer in and of itself, but that people overexpose themselves more because they think they are "safe" if they put on the sunblock and that they think they are not doing damage because they do not get a sunburn.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ashley0113eezy

well the guy i was referring to is an "old school" redneck maybe in his 50's, he's never used sunscreen i used to hand him the keys every morning to operate the construction equipment....im guessing he might have been a drinker but i dont think that played a major role in the skin cancer thing.

however i agree with you when you said that certain people are built for certain climates...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle
In the short time I have been here I have noticed two threads based on these Natural News peoples site.

One thread was telling people chemotherapy does not work and now this one telling people the sun does not cause skin cancer.

I find this extremely dangerous information to be peddling and no one, under any circumstance should take there advice seriously and would go so far as to say the poster linking to there site are more than likely doing it for the sole purpose of generating traffic.

Chemo is considered a success even if the patient dies 5 years and 1 day after treatment.

It's a old barbaric practice, and should be outlawed. One day, people will look back in history and see chemo as one of the most barbaric inhuman treatments in history.

Sunlight doesn't cause cancer, vitamin D is a cancer preventer as well. I've been in the sun my entire life, I have very healthy skin. A little common sense is required, if you're burning then put on a long sleeve shirt or turn your hat to cover your neck.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
A quick search of ATS threads will yield about 20 threads on this very same topic. And probably the same link. And probably the same video.

Natural News is a joke.

Anyone who thinks overexposure to the sun will NOT cause skin cancer should probably just get back in the short bus and go home.

Does sunlight cause vitamin d production? Yes. Is it possible that low levels of vitamin D can lead to skin cancer. Yes. Is it possible that sunblock and other tanning lotions are increasing cancer risk? Yes.

Does this mean that burning in the sun is good for you? No. It's pretty damn clear that overexposure to sunlight causes skin cancer. End of story.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Its actually best to be in the sun and not use sunscreen too much. Unless its very hot and you are suddenly exposing your skin to it. It will burn then.
Its burns you want to avoid.
If you gradually weather your skin to be used to the sun , it will stop burning. Using sunscreen too much makes it so your skin won't tolerate the uv rays.
Really fair skinned and redheads need to take more care.
Always rehydrate your skin, during and after sun exposure with lotions.

I do think tanning beds are bad.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
First they started making us wear sun cream, now they're spraying chemicals in the air to block the sun. I haven't seen an ad about sun cream in ages...
I have an opinion that sunlight nourishes us and, according to the recent Daniel papers, apparently helps us reach a new level of consciousness.
I don't know- sounds very fringe but I believe sunlight is a path to us entering a heightened state. Awakens the pineal gland.
Since chemtrails have been an issue in our lives I've not once seen an advert regarding sun cream. Maybe that is the conspiracy side of me talking but it's an honest obversation I've made in the last year or so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join