It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

prove to me this is NOT the mark of the beast.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Money is only paper that we value.
If someone came to me and offered $5,000 for a pencil and I said "no", then my pencil then becomes worth more than $5,000 - at least for me, and him.

Now if we ALL said "Cash is worth nothing at all. Any item is worth more" then money is worth nothing.
If money is truly the mark of the beast, then to destroy it all you have to do is devalue it personally & encourage a lot of others to do the same.

Take away money, and we go back to barter.
Barter is simply karma. I give to you, and you give to me; but that karma is immediate, direct and known to both participants.
Money was created to make barter easier. Instead of having to make a direct trade, you could simply sell something for cash so you could then use that cash to buy something else later.
That way you don't have to trade a pencil for a pen.
a pen for a giant eraser.
a giant eraser for a beer.
a beer for some wine, etc etc.

However, money has been so inflated, over-valued by the people, and powerful that it has become what drives many people on; instead of just making the act of barter, or karma, more convenient.

It truly rules most of this world and it is sad. I hate it. Yet for my rent, I need money. For my food, I need money. It's a cycle. Perhaps one day that won't be the case; I hope so.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Prisoner60863

Certainly, worship of money is an evil thing, but money itself is just a tool of bartering. It isn't evil to buy and sell, and there was no prohibition against this in the Bible. Matthew 22:21 states, "They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's." Meaning, the money was for use in that system. It wasn't the mark, nor is current money. Now, whether some form of chip is used later in such a fashion is a somewhat different issue. As things are now, there isn't one single form of money, used all over, but many forms, in many places. People can trade for things, too, instead, or work directly for them.

The way so many do worship wealth and money, though, shows the potential for evil, and the possibility of such a thing being used as a mark later on. That will be directly related to the Antichrist, though, not something no one knows about, and falls unwittingly into just as part of daily life.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join