It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

prove to me this is NOT the mark of the beast.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prisoner60863
Would someone please prove me wrong. Really. I keep trying to tell myself that I must be wrong. Would someone please prove to me that the "mark of the beast" is not money. I really think it is. People laugh when I tell them.
I was having a conversation with my uncle the other night and he was comparing me to his son. I did ok for myself, family , job etc... my cousin on the other hand is the opposite. My uncle tried, even sent him to boot camp but my cuz is just lazy. I told him what I thought about the whole thing with money and he thought I was nuts.
Nations all over the world are in debt. Citizens of said nation's pay the price. My job is talking about hiring freezes. The sidewalks in some parts of the city are crumbling. The MTA is raising fares. Again. At the same time, there's more advertising in the subway than an actual mall. Yet they are broke. It's all about the money.
Timothy 6:10 "For the love of money is the root of all evil." I really think that MUST have been altered. Seriously. I'm sure No starving people are in love with money. Those wealthy people in power contribute to evil I'm sure but would those same people be as bad without the wealth.
Many people are unemployed because there are no jobs. Company's say they have no money so they can't hire. What would happen if you eliminate money from that scenario?
They talk about the chip being the mark but the chip is just money, evolved. Same thing. G-d never did charge us for the food on this good earth but we charge each other. He don't charge us for shelter. He provided everything. Why we have to charge each other?
I don't know the way. I been on this earth a nano second. I just think this way, with money. It's just not the right way for us as a species. I guess we are just not there yet mentally as people to know any better. That's why we are all being led on a leash.

Money is just indirect token exchange to solve the double coincidence of wants conundrum. It's an inanimate object, and therefore can do no harm.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Prisoner60863

Been a while since I opened the good book, so I have to ask: Isn't the number of the beast also the name of the beast?

I remember teasing my sister (she was in her fifties and not a kid) by saying that Ronald Wilson Reagan had six letters in each of his names. On that very day, President Reagan was shot, and my sister really freaked out.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Artistic

I also feel that too. That last part you mention about this planet. I swear I can almost sense that.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Dear Prisoner60863,

Money is not the mark of the beast, it is a calculation of effort and resources. The mark is an identification for accessing money. A mark can be an impression or a scratching or a visible identification such as a tattoo. There are those who believe the mark is a proof, such as an action, like whether or not you hold services on Saturdays or Sundays.

Here is the tricky part. We are told that the mark has the number of a man's name. Going to church on Sundays does not equate to a man's name. The mark is willingly accepted by most. They accept it because it is a REQUIREMENT of buying and selling. It is not the action of buying and selling, it is a requirement that you must pass in order to do either. I can still barter, I trade a days worth of labor for a sandwich without using any cash. It is said to be international in scope. In addition, it says we will have a worldwide currency. If we come up with an international currency, it cannot be the mark, merely the infrastructure for a mark. It doesn't make sense to say that we will have a worldwide currency and a mark to use it, if they are the same thing. Peace.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nquisitive

Money does no harm when people sleep on streets while condos are empty.
When people have to grow cash crops to feed other nations while people in their own country go hungry.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prisoner60863
reply to post by 1nquisitive

Money does no harm when people sleep on streets while condos are empty.
When people have to grow cash crops to feed other nations while people in their own country go hungry.

Technically, wouldn't this be the lack of money causing harm, ie. Money would actually help said people, rather than harm them.

Nobody 'has' to do 'anything'.

And money is an inanimate token of indirect exchange, it cannot harm people. Only PEOPLE can harm PEOPLE.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Money and RFID chips will be among the things which are used to enforce the mark of the beast, but they are not the mark, itself. Below I pasted a link to an in-depth study about the mark, and below that I posted the link to a video, for those who do not have the time to read.

Read: www.remnantofgod.org...

Video: www.john1429.org...
edit on 25-1-2013 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Artistic's comments on a light scanner and tattooed bar code are interesting. I have wondered myself if this would be a method used although someone imprinted could not be tracked as easily as someone with a RFID chip... or they use both methods! You must get one of the other, a tattoo or a chip, or both. Note what the bible says about this:

Revelation 13:16 He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, (NIV)

whereas KJV says

And he causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Note the KJV says in their foreheads, not on like other versions.

This does not sound like money to me OP. I wondered the very same thing you propose about the mark of beast = money, but as a friend pointed out to me, they had money in Jesus day, and millennia before Jesus. The mark of the beast, at the time of writing revelations, was something that had not yet occurred. Money was already in existence.

Therefore OP, I propose that the mark of the beast) is not money, although we would not be able to buy or sell without this mark. (

(Rev13-17KJV) And that no man might buy or sell, except he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

I do not know if it would be on or in the forehead, or whether a person would have a choice between their head and their right hand. I do know I will not choose either if my life depends on it. Many will choose the same

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I think this is the Mark of the Beast and it's brought to us by the Bill Gates foundation.

No more cash to worry about!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I think this is the Mark of the Beast and it's brought to us by the Bill Gates foundation.

Cash has it's drawbacks, no?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1nquisitive

So you don't think a cashless society fits the description of "the mark"?

This is akin to having an RIFD chip to make transactions IMO.

When you have no physical money, someone could push a button and take away your wealth. That's a little more difficult with a physical asset (even if its a fiat currency).

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1nquisitive

So you don't think a cashless society fits the description of "the mark"?

This is akin to having an RIFD chip to make transactions IMO.

When you have no physical money, someone could push a button and take away your wealth. That's a little more difficult with a physical asset (even if its a fiat currency).

I agree with your closing sentence.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
According to God; God created us to be Kings on this earth. But what are we?

Each and every one of us are being brought up to be servants. We are being brought up to serve a system.

We are not being brought up to be free. We are not being brought up to be Kings.

The whole damn system is a beast. And we will sacrifice our lives to keep it, and protect it.
Because that is what we are being brought up to do.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

The Mark of the Beast is not money. It is a mark placed on the right hand or the forehead signifying that the bearer of the mark worships the AntiChrist. During the Tribulation, no one will be able to buy or sell unless they have the mark, and by having the mark you have accepted the new one world religion. Those who do not accept the mark will be put to death by beheading. The book "Unleashing the Beast" by Perry Stone does a fantastic job explaining all of this. No one knows what the mark will be... it could be a tattoo, it could be a microchip, or it could be an RFID tag, or a number of other things. Perhaps it will be the new money, meaning that we will have moved into a cashless society and the chip in the right hand or forehead will have all of your data on it, including financial, and you will need to swipe it or have it scanned in order to buy and sell.
edit on 25-1-2013 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

You are very close. The Mark is Selfishness.

2 Timothy 3

3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

First of all, note that he says, "Mark This." Second, how many items are listed. The answer is 18. That's 6 + 6 + 6. Additionally, no symbolism in the Bible is of one meaning. Symbols are extensions of the single root seed that originate to the entire context. To know the full story, you need the root story.

Genesis 3 tells the story of mankind reaching for the fruit of knowledge. What is fruit? It is the thing that knowledge produces. For mankind, that root is marked by the same fundamental identifier as the pride that caused us to take God's perfected garden and transmute it to our own fruit of knowledge. Ultimately, this is our production of technology. Keep this thought tucked away.

Isaiah 46:10

I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.

How do we confirm the beginning and get our facts straight? We examine the end. At the end of our story, there is a monitory system that keeps people from buying goods and services unless they have the mark. If the mark is selfishness, then how does this fit?

Revelation 13

18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man.[e-or of mankind] That number is 666.

Carbon has 6 protons, 6 electrons and 6 neutrons. Carbon is the mark of the beast (Mankind) and is the thing that we use to keep people from buying or selling. It is killing the air. What is the air used for, other than life? Words. How do we overcome our selfishness? Giving and the Word of God.

Nitrogen has 7 protons, 7 electrons and 7 neutrons. 777 is the mark of God in the Bible. Oxygen is 888 and represents Jesus in Gematria. How do you overcome? With the breath God gives you. We must overcome our own selfishness to overcome the Carbon, thereby protecting our ecosystem. Did God say that we would die if we TOOK the fruit of knowledge? Are we dying?

Matthew 24

22 “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

Remember, the root expands like the branch of a tree. I am showing you the end and the beginning.

The coming economic system is based on Cap and Trade of Carbon units. Here is my thread on the topic of UNESCO and the biosphere commerce reserve system.
edit on 25-1-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
knowledge

Hope this helps

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

No one can prove a negative.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Dear NOTurTypical,

Hugs, just because you are you.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Dear NOTurTypical,

Hugs, just because you are you.

Haha. Ty. And Ill return the courtesy.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I believe in God, not in the likeness of a human, but as something much, much greater. I do not believe that the usage of words in a book, written by humans, should be taken with such literal equivalence. What is in the book are interpretations, modified countless times over history by humans, and some very selective humans at that, which is a historical fact. To that end, I would back way up on thinking that a beast was money, and ask instead, what beast?

If you cannot prove there is a beast, then how can you go further and contemplate what mark it may have?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join