It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones now over UK airspace (Confirmed)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Does not surprise me in the least, Its another great way to spy on individuals. Certainly slipped through the net didn't it. Sounds like they wanted to keep it quiet

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I can guarantee you a lot of folks will be using em for target practice here in the states.Might become the new national pastime

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

They haven't said, but I would assume either manufacturing, or testing delays. It's one of the first stealth aircraft build in Europe, so I'm sure they had some issues with the RAM coating, and other problems.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Here is a link which lists all 130 companies who have applied for permission to fly unmanned drones over UK airspace:

www.guardian.co.uk...

Most seem to be either military indusrial or photographic in nature,although the cops and fire service are also included..
Soon going to very crowded up there,hope they have air tight systems in place when it comes to saftey and communicating their positions to other aircraft.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Eventually all UAVs will go to an ADS-B transponder. This is like an upgraded TCAS, except instead of broadcasting when you're about to hit, it constantly broadcasts, and shows the position while they're still miles apart, with plenty of time to take action to avoid the other aircraft.

The US is going to be installing two way radios on at least the RQ-4 and all variants, so they can talk to ATC when they're leaving out of their base at Beale. Right now they have to have a chase plane with them so that ATC can see and talk to the chase, and know where the Global Hawk is.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I bet those little drones don't work too well in snow, rain, and high wind, considering the amount of crap weather the Brits have to put up with, drones are the least of their worry's.
As for using a slingshot against those little buggers, I think a catapult would be easier to aim, and quicker to use, or a crossbow or air rifle.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
A COUNCILLOR has described the decision to allow unmanned drone test flights at a former RAF base as a “cop out”.

The Snowdonia National Park Authority (SNPA) will allow the testing and development of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV's) at Llanbedr Airfield, near Harlech.

www.dailypost.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
I bet those little drones don't work too well in snow, rain, and high wind, considering the amount of crap weather the Brits have to put up with, drones are the least of their worry's.
As for using a slingshot against those little buggers, I think a catapult would be easier to aim, and quicker to use, or a crossbow or air rifle.

The picture in the OP is a crappy little locally controlled RC aircraft with cameras on it.
It may have its place it certain circumstances,but there are other much more advanced plans in the works.
The reality of drones over the UK go anywhere up to the Taranis drone I posted about yesterday.

BTW,I think the daily mail reads ATS and makes stories about popular topics-It has happened many times but look what popped up today:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

In my previous post I included a link which names the 130 companies who will be soon flying drones about over the UK.

Originally posted by pikestaff

Not much chance of that when the more advanced drones,as above,fly at high altitute.
And have stealth technololgy,and probably soon be armed with lasers.

Originally posted by blaenau2000
A COUNCILLOR has described the decision to allow unmanned drone test flights at a former RAF base as a “cop out”.

The Snowdonia National Park Authority (SNPA) will allow the testing and development of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV's) at Llanbedr Airfield, near Harlech.

www.dailypost.co.uk...

I guess the only consolation there is drones are a lot quieter than the low flying jets which already fly through the magnificent mountains of Snowdonia.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join