It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones now over UK airspace (Confirmed)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Much debate over Drones over the skies in the USA.
Now it seems there has been an ok given to fly similar over the skies in the UK

Not going down to well here this news. Only seemed to be breaking today in terms of everyone knowing about it.
Wonder what the UK ATS users thoughts are on this, as well anyone else also.

Pic:

Link: www.guardian.co.uk...

Thanks
Shaun

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
that is a toy and if that is the UK gov version of a drone.. you have nothing to worry about and I am loling over here because that little thing aint doing crap.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I saw a drone flying over my post code the other week, I joined in a local online police web chat and asked for more details about the use of drones....They ignored me. Typical.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

May I suggest you look at what drones are currently in use in the US
It's not all the big preds and reapers
Small rapidly deployable UAV's that can be transported in a squad car/fire and rescue service vehicle are all the range now
It's not always about size

But with a maximum ceiling of 122 meters and a permitted range of 500 meters from the operator ( line of sight )
I'm sure there is some very low tech way of disabling these vehicles
Hell I have my own drone ( parrot AR ) and I can't use it in winds over 5 mph so even with these no doubt more powerful drones there is going to be limitations to usage/capabilities

Not to worry too much ...............it's quite easy to generate your own mini EMP that would reach, with a little planning/construction

edit on 25-1-2013 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It doesn't look like it's capable of doing much beyond a bit of domestic spying. It could be worse: It could be heavily armed, as I suspect ours (USA) will be.

But don't worry. When they've got us under complete control, I have no doubt our President will have a "kill list" all made out for our brethren across the pond--and will send you a few of our Predators....

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Just take it out with a sling shot and heavy ball bearing.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
It doesn't look like it's capable of doing much beyond a bit of domestic spying. It could be worse: It could be heavily armed, as I suspect ours (USA) will be.

But don't worry. When they've got us under complete control, I have no doubt our President will have a "kill list" all made out for our brethren across the pond--and will send you a few of our Predators....

If this just the start here in the UK, and what is being reported, what is to say bigger, faster ones won;t show up now it has been passed into law?
My thinking is they open a law, once it is open, the the skies are free for all and we see bigger drones

Maybe? This is new here. Do you what the very 1st drone was in the USA?
Just to compare. Thanks

Shaun

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
If it can carry a camera then size is not important, and that CAN carry very powerfull cameras!!!
Its also very quiet and could be hovering right outside YOUR window and you wouldnt even know.
And they dont need to remain within range of the operator because they fit them with gps guidance systems, considering getting one for my own copter. The gps enables them to fly in quite strong winds too.

I can see drone shooting may become a popular sport for the teenagers

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

I had to go run some errands. I just got back. I'll see if I can find that information for you....

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
If it can carry a camera then size is not important, and that CAN carry very powerfull cameras!!!
Its also very quiet and could be hovering right outside YOUR window and you wouldnt even know.
And they dont need to remain within range of the operator because they fit them with gps guidance systems, considering getting one for my own copter. The gps enables them to fly in quite strong winds too.

I can see drone shooting may become a popular sport for the teenagers

Oh those pesky kids with their high power lasers eh mate...

No pilot to blind....just cameras.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
When did they get permission because I saw it twice in last years summer?
About August I could see it very high as a white dot against the blue sky.
I poked my tongue out at it.

NO privacy anywhere now. Are we really that dangerous or idiotic that we need this much surveillance??

Start digging tunnels everyone.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

First Man Arrested With Drone Evidence Vows to Fight Case

Court must decide if police are allowed to use drones to help make arrests

By Jason Koebler
April 9, 2012 RSS Feed Print

Rodney Brossart was arrested in June.

The tiny town of Lakota, N.D., is quickly becoming a key testing ground for the legality of the use of unmanned drones by law enforcement after one of its residents became the first American citizen to be arrested with the help of a Predator surveillance drone.

The bizarre case started when six cows wandered onto Rodney Brossart's 3,000 acre farm. Brossart, an alleged anti-government "sovereignist," believed he should have been able to keep the cows, so he and two family members chased police off his land with high powered rifles....

OK. First of all, the use of drones (or UAVs) is a truly vast subject, so I've linked to the Wikipedia entry, below. The article above references the first arrest of an American citizen with the assistance of a drone. However, they've been in use for quite some time, in both military and civilian hands--for instance, for inspecting pipeline, scientific research (like the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration), detection of forest fires, and so on, and so on. The Wikipedia article has a huge list of countries using drones and the types of drones they're using--some of which probably lead to photos and further information.

Disclaimer: Now I know that a lot of ATS members scoff at Wikipedia--as do I when it comes to anything conspiracy-theory-related and many other things--but for basic neutral encyclopedic entries such as this it's probably the best source available. So please scoff silently to yourselves....

Unmanned Aerial Vehicle [Wikipedia]

edit on 1/25/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
For those laughing at the picture the OP provided-Check out the UKs latest drone-Taranis.
That is a serious drone,can determine its OWN targets,refuel in air and other crazy stuff.
Just a few steps away from Skynet IMO.
I doubt these have been deployed over the UK yet,as they are still being tested in Australia I think.
But one day soon,they will be used in our home skies,I have no doubt of that.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.baesystems.com... v0wqLMZZhFThwn65TmCLPB26pYwvJ!334407658#%40%3F_afrWindowId%3Dnull%26baeSessionId%3D2JGyRDmJ2mdrwVRrzNc0LhQv0wqLMZZhFThwn65TmCLPB26pYwvJ%2521334407658% 26_afrLoop%3D267854901492000%26_afrWindowMode%3D0%26_adf.ctrl-state%3Dtgj27n0lc_4

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Woah!
If I seen that I would be posting in the UFO section

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Drones should not be used over the UK as they are listening into people's private electronic communications without that of a court order. As far as I am aware, if you want to tap someone, you need a court order first, then how can the use of these drones actually be legal. Because last time I looked they are non target specific and pick up everything. This one has slipped under the radar and should have been blocked long before it got to this stage.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

It is a bad looking mother isn't it?
They reckon it will have sophisticated target discrimination software allowing it to choose a number of targets,then relay that info back to base,where controllers will have the final say on who to erase from existence.

Sounds downright creepy to me,imagine going to work,and the computer giving you a list of choices of humans to kill with the click of a mouse.

We are only one bad government away from these things being able to shut of comms/net over any given area of the UK,or even worse,they could spy on net use,and if at some point in the future the mega corps deem it favourable,they could pop a hellfire in your backside if they caught you downloading the latest episode of eastenders illegally..

Sounds crazy,but the future gets more crazy every day IMO.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
They will have the UK population brainwashed to love it soon enough.

Most are probably already brainwashed to love and accept it. The folks in the UK are very gullible when it comes to their authorities telling them how to think and do over there.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ResistTreason
They will have the UK population brainwashed to love it soon enough.

Most are probably already brainwashed to love and accept it. The folks in the UK are very gullible when it comes to their authorities telling them how to think and do over there.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I'm sure the thousands involved in the London Riots accross the Country in 2011 will agree with you. The difference is here in Blighty, is that as a population, we are generally objective and reasonable people, we can protest to a great degree when we feel it necesarry but choose our battles wisely. I find your opinion of the UK extremely arrogant, ignorant and totally ill informed. Have you ever been to the UK? I guess not.
edit on 26-1-2013 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

It hasn't flown yet, but yes it will undergo flight testing in Australia. First flight was supposed to be last year, but it was pushed until sometime early in 2013.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Hey thank you Zaphod-
Do you know why it was pushed back?
I hope they release a video of it when it is tested.
I am interested in this particular drone as I know some folks who work for BAE sys,who have hinted about this beasts capabilities,but without revealing any solid info of course.
They say it is a game changer,and will not speak any further when pressed.
They would lose their jobs if they said anything more.
But even the info they have released about Taranis on the BAE site is pretty impressive.

If it works of course.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join