It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schizophrenia is a lie told by the Establishment

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
Etc etc. The list is enormous.

In fact, it's so enormous, they don't really have a clue what they are messing with. But they do have pills for it!
The OP wasn't that far off when he mentioned demons.

My gf worked in a mental hospital for a while and she often talked to me about a patient she was taking care of. The more she talked about the patient, the more it was clear that it was possession. The patient said how satan was constantly talking to her and many other weird things. When she had lucid moments, she said she was possessed and that she wasn't like that before. 30 something year old doctor and musician, she had a great life till her husband died. After that, she went crazy.

I am not saying that all schizophrenics are possessed but it doesn't feel less tangible an idea than chemical imbalances.

If we follow the money and acknowledge that they don't really know what mental illness is, we can easily come to the conclusion that they have no idea what they are doing/treating.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Seems to be the case that many of us have either personal experience of the mental health system, or have relatives that have worked within it.

My Wife worked in the disturbed ward (lock up) of a large hospital for around 15 years..she'd seen quite a few things over that time. So did i, while i used to visit while she was at work.

The 'demonic possession' delusion, is exactly what it sounds like, a society induced delusional episode, based on religious / superstitious belief systems indoctrinated into the children of those already indoctrinated themselves.

If humanity had never dreamt up religion or superstition, but instead had decided dolphins were responsible for the creation of everything, then nobody would imagine they were seeing or hearing 'demons', but dolphins instead.

Auditory hallucinations would probably take the form of whistles and clicks, instead of biblical demons sitting on your shoulder.

I reckon it's usually the parents or other relatives that cause a Schizophrenia sufferer to see or hear 'demons', due to their own superstitions and beliefs influencing the subconscious of their kids.

Take the many cases of innocent children being murdered by so-called parents or family, when the family (not the child ironically) determine the child's unusual behaviour is a case of demonic possession, and proceed to beat the devil out, through litteral torture...very often they kill the poor kid, not because of a demon, but because they believe what they see is a demon.

The power of belief, can and often does end up in misery and death for these poor people...and the 'devil' doesn't have to lift a finger.

There is another potential source for the symptoms of those with Schizophrenia, apart from parasitic infections (although i still contend this is a possibility too, or maybe a contributary factor) or so-called demonic possession.

We are all essentially TWO people, in one body in a way. For those readers who may not have heard of this and are screaming 'What?!!' at their monitors (i do that a lot btw) it is actually a scientific fact...of sorts.

We have what really amounts to two brains...stay with me...a left hemisphere and a right hemisphere, which are for the most part separated right down the middle of your head, only being joined together by a relatively small bundle of nerves and cells called the 'corpus callosum'.

The corpus callosum, acts as a bridge or highway between the left and right sides of our 'brain(s)' and exchanges informations and sensory input between them.

If there is damage, or another problem with this area..problems occur, with the balance of communication.

A thought or impulse to perform an action (lift an object, scratch your nose, wave hello / goodbye etc.) cannot effectively traverse the 'divide' and it is entirely possible, that a partially functioning corpus callosum passes scrambled information between each side, and is interpreted by the recieveing side as external or otherworldly (or yes, demonic), whereas the thought originates in your own mind, but due to a 'blockage' (lack of available bandwith) isn't recognised as coming from yourself.

I will stress that this is another of my 'out of the box' theories, and while the 'two brains' part is simplified a little, is actually true (as weird as that seems) the connection at the corpus callosum bridge perhaps being responsible for many forms of mental illness is not proven or conclusive at all.

Just sharing ideas, that's all

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
My concern is not that schizophrenia doesn't exist. I think it does. But the problem is that I believe there's a danger of being diagnosed as mentally ill because someone doesn't like your behavior or (probably especially) because people like you are a problem for TPTB.

I don't see any problem with doctors trying to treat a severe mental illness but unfortunately, as soon as you give them a doorway into people's minds, it's a matter of time before Big Brother comes along and wants to exploit it. We have already seen the definition of mental illness and mental disorders greatly expanded beyond the point where it really needs to be. They have taken something that's relatively legit and used it to fabricate a bunch of mental problems that don't exist.

Soon, they will define having strong political views as some kind of dangerous mental illness that demands "treatment". This is where the real danger is, IMO.
edit on 26-1-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianFlanders

By definition, every man woman and child is insane. How ever, the problem comes not from attempting to treat mental illness, but the lack of time care providers spend with patients. This can be from a number of reasons, flaws in personal practice of the Doctor, money of the patient or facility treating the patient, personal choice of the patient. People want quick fixes, they don't want to spend long amounts of time with a doctor to figure out what is wrong, they just want a pill to fix things. There are currently several thousands of medications when prescribed correctly work wonders, how ever those with mild problems like depression or anxiety take the first medication they are given and just live with it. The problem is not every medication works for everyone, and in some cases the medication can make things much worse if it is the wrong kind. The only way to know, is to work very closely with your care provider and report everything. Legs twitch when you sleep, but didn't before report it. Poop more, report it. Patients do not put the time in, or may not understand their part in the diagnosis leading to many individuals being wrongly diagnosed, or using the wrong prescriptions and suffering greatly for it.

I do not believe mental illness is a flaw, I do how ever feel many individuals who are not specifically trained in the diagnosis and treatment of the disorders are making diagnosis and prescribing meds. Ask any person on Anxiety, depression meds who they got them from. Their GP not a trained doctor in mental illness. Yes, I understand this may not be convenient and your GP can legally prescribe you the meds, but it's the medical equivalent of buying a kidney from a shady pharmacy. The GP, deals with general illness, he is not specifically trained to deal with mental health and yet they do. I have a mental illness, nothing extreme but I do. PTSD, and I deal with a Psychiatrist, as well as psychologist in it's treatment, not my GP. Many of you on these boards likely have, have had, or will experience mental illness in one form or another in your lifetimes. The trick is learning to deal with it appropriately. Not all mental illness is life long, not all mental illness needs treatment with medication, how ever it is an illness none the less.

Mental illness exists, in the order it is explained and possibly even greater. Mental illness being one of the least reported illness with even less seeking appropriate treatment. There is an enormous public stigma and misunderstanding, and it is time everyone gets informed. Explore the possibilities the various forms of treatment, and believe it or not unless it's an extremely chronic case, both myself and my Mental health doctors do not feel Anxiety or depression should be treated with medication. This is the result of the public demand for a quick fix, and it will only prolong the problem, or cause complications when the patient discontinues the medication. I've been prescribed both medication for the anxiety and depression associated with PTSD, and on the medication experienced terrible side effects, coming off the medication almost cost me my life. Learning to deal with the disorder through alternative treatment has given me better results, and progress than either of the previous.

I beg you all to get informed, learn what the illnesses are, learn about the treatment options. Mental illness is not made up, nor is it anything to be scared or ashamed of.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

If you suffer from it I am truly sorry, but schizophrenia suffers are simply broken minds. When you have millions of people, some of them will be born broken. That's the way evolution works, sometimes it makes people who don't work right. The brain is a complicated organ, little changes can make it act wrong. If your hearing voices, even though they seem real, they are simply a manifestation of your brain. It must be truly, truly, difficult to understand when your in the midst of it. I wish science could fix it, but we are far from that i think.

V

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable
If you suffer from it I am truly sorry, but schizophrenia suffers are simply broken minds. When you have millions of people, some of them will be born broken. That's the way evolution works, sometimes it makes people who don't work right.

In general, I do agree but you know what they say. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. That doesn't mean I believe these people are really hearing anything supernatural or anything like that.

But, let's say some conspiracy theorists really are paranoid. If they are, many conspiracy theories concern things that can really happen. So to just dismiss them as crazy without looking at it would be dangerous. Even if they're crazy, one of these days, they're going to be crazy and right at the same time.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
If a person can't ACT normal around someone who has authority over them than they have a problem. If a person can't ACT normal around others they cannot control their Schizophrenia and need to either start smoking tobacco or see a doctor to get some meds. The meds probably have worse side effects than the cigarettes because they effect the p450 enzymes usually and this restricts detoxing by the liver many times.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
If a person can't ACT normal around someone who has authority over them than they have a problem. If a person can't ACT normal around others they cannot control their Schizophrenia and need to either start smoking tobacco or see a doctor to get some meds. The meds probably have worse side effects than the cigarettes because they effect the p450 enzymes usually and this restricts detoxing by the liver many times.

Maybe. I can't speak for schitzo's, but i'd encourage medical cannabis if they've not tried it.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

If a person can't ACT normal around someone who has authority over them than they have a problem.

People are not supposed to have authority over you unless you are a child. This is the problem with our society. People have completely given themselves over to authoritarianism to the point to where they don't even know there's any other way to live.

At some point, yes. Mental illness exists. But if you call it mental illness if someone will not allow others to treat them like their dog, you have a bizarre definition of mental illness.

See sluggish schizophrenia for an explanation of my points.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter42

Considering schizophrenics themselves describe their hallucinations as grossly violent, unpleasant encouraging of self harm/harm to others, or belittling to the sufferer I would say no. The government is not lying. Schizophrenia is no joke, it is currently one of the least understood psychological disorders.

Perhaps these violent "hallucinations" are the product of malevolent entities manipulating the human mind.
Call them devils, demons, aliens, or what ever you like. The end result is the same.
Perhaps it is one of the least understood disorders because it cannot be understood with conventional science?

Which happen to go away with medications? You show a complete lack of understanding. Spend some time working in psychiatry and you won't make such rediculous posts.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by theMediator

Etc etc. The list is enormous.

In fact, it's so enormous, they don't really have a clue what they are messing with. But they do have pills for it!
The OP wasn't that far off when he mentioned demons.

My gf worked in a mental hospital for a while and she often talked to me about a patient she was taking care of. The more she talked about the patient, the more it was clear that it was possession. The patient said how satan was constantly talking to her and many other weird things. When she had lucid moments, she said she was possessed and that she wasn't like that before. 30 something year old doctor and musician, she had a great life till her husband died. After that, she went crazy.

I am not saying that all schizophrenics are possessed but it doesn't feel less tangible an idea than chemical imbalances.

If we follow the money and acknowledge that they don't really know what mental illness is, we can easily come to the conclusion that they have no idea what they are doing/treating.

Well then Obama is a Demon, because one of our Schizo patients talks to him and his daughters all the time! Funny how if it's demons and not chemical imbalances that medications work.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
Well then Obama is a Demon, because one of our Schizo patients talks to him and his daughters all the time! Funny how if it's demons and not chemical imbalances that medications work.

It's probably something primitive; the Potas is considered by many to be the main alpha male of our civilization because the US has some power in the world, more than any other one single nation. So in the patients mind, this person has the most authority over 'the world' which he himself is in and so imagines himself speaking to the potas, which is really his own image of authority he wants to learn how to control.

At the same time, the Potas is the same person who authorizes strikes on other nations, a killer in a very black and white way, not mentioning the actions against life other than human. Nothing personal against the current president but it is the instition which can change a lot in society and make it much better for a lot of people (but worse for a few).

So in that sense, Utopia is a theoretical possibility and placing that image next to the current real life scenario then indeed there are many demons in this world where they could be angels in Utopia. Choose to support them and one shares in the consequences of this way of life and become a little bit more demonic each day.
edit on 27/1/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianFlanders

If a person can't ACT normal around someone who has authority over them than they have a problem.

People are not supposed to have authority over you unless you are a child. This is the problem with our society. People have completely given themselves over to authoritarianism to the point to where they don't even know there's any other way to live.

At some point, yes. Mental illness exists. But if you call it mental illness if someone will not allow others to treat them like their dog, you have a bizarre definition of mental illness.

See sluggish schizophrenia for an explanation of my points.

People think they have authority over us but in essence they aren't qualified to have authority over us. If we buck the system the people who have BSed others into thinking they have authority can make our life a living hell.

Some people have real authority over us, basicly the people we have put in charge of looking after the welfare of the societies we live in. Here in America it is the police and the armed forces. They deserve real respect because they are doing their job to the best of their ability to preserve civility. They don't make you get a psychic evaluation if you do something wrong, they bust you for not following the laws that we have established. If the laws are wrong they still have to enforce them most times.

Some people think they deserve respect just because of their knowledge and credentials. I feel that a person deserves respect for their actions, not their credentials. A person with education and credentials can be a person you can respect but the credentials do not automatically make respect a must. This is where Acting comes into play.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Funny that you talk about it this way because I didn't include that medications didn't work at all on that particular patient.

In fact, it's not funny at all.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
A lot of mental hospitals also are of the mindset that if the patient is sedated out of their eye balls, it means they're properly medicated. For the sake of argument, if such entities are occupying the physiology of man, I would suppose that if you sedated the host, yes, you would sedate the entity inhabiting it.

Thorazine is effective not just as an antipsychotic, but for inducing somnolence.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

And that's a rather frightening occurrence. I believe that things happen that cannot be explained by everyday means.
These things, you could describe as paranormal. There's normal mental illness, and then there's things that go above and beyond that sort of thing. Crazy only takes you so far. If there is a force of good in the universe, there has to be an equal force of evil. Two sides to every coin. Like when you see the killer of the week. You ever see the mugshots of these spree killers? They look possessed, some of em. Not all of them, but some.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Look into DPH on erowid.com, its allergy med, but when taken in high doses causes delirium (you become schiz for a few hours). I can honestly say I know what its like to be schizo, and it has nothing to do with tapping into a hidden world........ Everything you see is random, like your bestfriend who bursts into particles made up of spiders.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
i was just talking about this with a friend who are we to dismiss them because there ideas are stranger than ours

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Hive mind or hive encasement is possible.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It's clear that your knowledge of schizophrenia comes exclusively from movies and TV shows. The depictions you see of schizophrenics in the media are far from accurate. The truth is that visual hallucinations are rare. If hallucinations are even present they are most likely to be auditory in nature and more often than not they are in the voice of the person suffering from the disease. Then again hallucinations don't even occur in all cases of schizophrenia. For example catatonic schizophrenics rarely experience any of the "positive" symptoms associated with schizophrenia. Your claim also fails to explain the "word salad" and disorganized behavior common in schizophrenia. In fact your claim relies on focusing on a single symptom of schizophrenia and ignoring the many others.

We can also prove you wrong by looking at the mechanisms involved in schizophrenia. As schizophrenia is a complex disorder with many different variations we have produced numerous medications to treat it. The ones that work though all have one thing in common. They act as dopamine inhibitors. The link between schizophrenia and dopamine only gets stronger when we look at illicit drug addicts. It is common for long term coc aine addicts to suffer schizophrenic like symptoms. This is because coc aine acts as a dopamine reuptake inhibitor. There is also the fact that there are differences in the brains of schizophrenics that are similar to some of those seen in the brains of Alzheimer's patients.

The truth is that all the evidence points to a biological origin of schizophrenia. I will admit that it is unsettling that the mind can turn against itself in such a severe fashion. However, it is also unsettling that falling back on explanations used by the Church of the Dark Ages for mental illness is now considered open minded by some members on this site.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join