It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schizophrenia is a lie told by the Establishment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
So, you've got people who see things that current science cannot understand. Things beyond the veil. They hear voices, see things that other people do not. Are these people crazy? Some would say yes. I'm not sure.

How do we know that what these schizophrenics see isn't an entirely accurate viewpoint of the world? Maybe they have tapped into another reality, or an alternate universe bleeding through into ours.

Not everyone who sees things that aren't there is crazy. What if they've tapped into some sort of hive mind and are hearing voices because of that? Just because someone sees something that ought not to exist in real life doesn't mean they didn't see it.

The Government tries to portray everything in stark, grey colors. But what if the world isn't like that? What if there are severe discrepancies in what we perceive is reality, and what is actually in truth, reality.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
use to be you were crazy to think the world was round, you were crazy for using plants to make medicines to make people feel better, ect. people fear what they do not understand. Its sad and I feel sorry for most people for being so stupid and easily manipulated.

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

Considering schizophrenics themselves describe their hallucinations as grossly violent, unpleasant encouraging of self harm/harm to others, or belittling to the sufferer I would say no. The government is not lying. Schizophrenia is no joke, it is currently one of the least understood psychological disorders.

Those with schizophrenia may suffer mild symptoms that appear much like depression, or social disorders where as others are in states so extreme they are rigid, seemingly unresponsive trapped in a mental prison.

Do some research about it yourself. I actually know a handful of people that suffer from this disease in my every day life, as well as many on this site who have schizophrenia and they can tell you everything you would ever want to know. I assure you it is no lie.

Here's a good place for you to start.

All about schizophrenia and psychosis.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx

Considering schizophrenics themselves describe their hallucinations as grossly violent, unpleasant encouraging of self harm/harm to others, or belittling to the sufferer I would say no. The government is not lying. Schizophrenia is no joke, it is currently one of the least understood psychological disorders.

Perhaps these violent "hallucinations" are the product of malevolent entities manipulating the human mind.
Call them devils, demons, aliens, or what ever you like. The end result is the same.
Perhaps it is one of the least understood disorders because it cannot be understood with conventional science?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Theoretically this is all fine and dandy - yes, our established, consensus reality is merely one of several possibilities. R. D. Laing and Thomas Szasz believed this.

However, when you are faced with a raging paranoiac who happens to have the obsession to hate your guts... because you are one of the chief evil forces in her universe... well... don't you wish it was medication or mental hospital.

It is very-very exhausting to hang out with such folks, believe me.

For that matter, they are usually right in everything, and everyone else is screwed up (at least, according to their model of the world, which usually does not require checking with the others, especially CERTAIN others). Another: there are no facts. They can tell you how things "really" are.

Plus most of them I personally met totally lack a sense of humor. Their senes of self-importance is exaggerated to the hilt.

Last but not least: at least if you differ from consensus reality, you should either acquire some wisdom of have some fun or both. Schizos are mostly neither.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The only lie is the title of this post....
I have worked with people with Schizophrenia and it is no lie, it is an illness which can be treated to help those suffering from it to cope with everyday life.
You deny mental illness? 1 in 4 will suffer from mental illness in their lifetimes and together we can stop the stigma against it.
That is the biggest problem, people are not educated and are scared of mental illness because of all the BS the press print about people who are just poorly.

PS....way to go OP you prove my point by saying they are Demons etc...
Shame on you.
edit on 25-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
That's a broad generalization you made there. I spoke to a schizophrenic not but two days ago. He was a level headed sort, but seemed kind of dulled by the prescriptions that Big Pharma mandates to slow the mind and remove people's sight.

What ever happened to the third eye? When did having thoughts that went against the grain become illegal?

And you say one in four will suffer from mental illness in their lifetimes, I find those figures dubious. Mental illness is just that, mental, and the figures can be manipulated to suit the agenda of who ever is conducting the survey.

I have no fear or stigma against the schizophrenics. They're perfectly civil people, blackmarked by the government for having different sight than the "Normal" citizens of the country.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Those with schizophrenia may suffer mild symptoms that appear much like depression, or social disorders where as others are in states so extreme they are rigid, seemingly unresponsive trapped in a mental prison.

Do some research about it yourself. I actually know a handful of people that suffer from this disease in my every day life, as well as many on this site who have schizophrenia and they can tell you everything you would ever want to know. I assure you it is no lie.

Good man, it's not a government issue at all, it is not even a stereotype, which actually proves the lie is in the OP's submission, rather than a government. Had the OP talked about something else like a government programme that had seemingly Schizophrenic victims as a result, that would be something to talk about.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I never said the Government. I said the Establishment, which is a broader category which includes most forms of authority, including medical and psychological authorities.
And the government HAS created people in a state that resembles schizophrenia, back during the MKULTRA years, when they were dosing people up with all sorts of chemicals.

Even then, I feel like the visions people experienced while under the effects of these chemicals probably were of insightful nature.

I do not trust psychologists, nor psychiatrists, or any other sort of shrink. They're trained in indoctrinating people into the norms of society. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
www.mentalhealth.org.uk...

www.mind.org.uk...

Do some research before bleating BS.

You completely lost us when you mentioned Demons etc.
Do yourself a favor and volunteer at a ward eh?
I know many ex patients who are thankful they have their medication sorted so they can have a normal life.

You are getting mixed up to what it actually is, people can be quirky etc but when it starts to effect their well being and the well being of others around them then It can be a problem which needs treatment.
My guess is you have not ever met anyone with Schizophrenia and If you have they are medicated to help them keep it in order.
edit on 25-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Biological foundation of mental disease is adequately known...but, the 'symptoms' shared by millions, does not mean they are all classifiable under this umbrella term...

...under the correct 'conditions', that includes the introduction of chemical agents (variously, either introduced, or present - but dormant) can render the individual...a tap/faucet...to the gamut of 'recievable' frequencies.

As well as being biologically deficit, or over-stimulated by its individual biological make-up (which can produce the results)...it should not be assumed that all individuals falling under the description of schizophrenia, are not really experiencing stimuli from outside of themselves...or that individuals not described as such, are not also experiencing this...to assume this would be foolish...

A99

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter42

Perhaps these violent "hallucinations" are the product of malevolent entities manipulating the human mind.

/thread

Everyone go home. The OP is full of it.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Its not a lie its an enzyme deficiency....

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

You result to ad hominem attacks instead of rational debate. I am not surprised. I see some very closed minds. Not everything is as rational as you'd like it to be.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter42

Call them devils, demons, aliens, or what ever you like. The end result is the same.
Perhaps it is one of the least understood disorders because it cannot be understood with conventional science?

Then why the thread headline? makes no sense does it? you just don't understand disorders of the mind and/or body, Autism, Fragile X Syndrome, disorders that are widely thought to be products of lack of certain protein delivery, or generation. Feck all to do with demons, but really awful for those who have these conditions, and believe me or not I know, it is my biggest nightmare and no, I am not a sufferer. Take Hijinx advice, it may make you a better person.
edit on 25-1-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I had a schizophrenic uncle, and have a schizophrenic sister. I believe there can be more than one cause. I believe in my family history, it is caused by wheat allergy. I have no problem with alternate view points on the subject. I am glad when people discuss schizophrenia rather than ignore it.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

There is documentation of schizophrenia like symptoms described in ancient Egypt, ancient Greece and Roman literature...

I guess the "establishment" started early on this one huh?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Schizophrenia is a very real ILLNESS. I know this for a fact because my husband is schizophrenic. I myself am bipolar with severe anxiety and a personality disorder. I have had a few hallucinations, it is terrifying. I can't believe your hypothesis because I have experienced it first hand.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I have been around schizophrenia and I have been Around psychically tuned-in people. No one could possibly ever confuse the two. Suggesting so, could be very dangerous.

Schizophrenics are often poorly diagnosed, and not enough clinicians remember the old treatments that worked very well - address gluten hypersensitivity and gross nutritional deficiencies. There is a huge autoimmune component that has been forgotten about.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I have been around schizophrenia and I have been Around psychically tuned-in people. No one could possibly ever confuse the two. Suggesting so, could be very dangerous.

Schizophrenics are often poorly diagnosed, and not enough clinicians remember the old treatments that worked very well - address gluten hypersensitivity and gross nutritional deficiencies. There is a huge autoimmune component that has been forgotten about.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join