It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A brand new strand of Norovirus, one that has no vaccine.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Many people mistook this virus, which apparently has already claimed lives, as a flu.

Just now on Nightly News, they stated that this virus, is not, in fact, a flu, and there is no vaccine for it. They called it the Norovirus.

Here's an article about it.

Piggybacking off this year’s influenza epidemic, a new strain of the highly contagious norovirus has reached the U.S. from Australia. Read more: healthland.time.com...

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports in the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report that the new norovirus strain, called GII.4 Sydney, is currently the leading cause of norovirus outbreaks in the U.S. and accounted for 58% of cases of the infection in December.

Often confused with the stomach flu because of its contemporaneous circulation with influenza during winter months, norovirus causes 21 million cases of illness, often involving severe vomiting and diarrhea, 70,000 hospitalizations each year in the U.S., and 800 deaths. Where influenza is a respiratory illness, norovirus, which comes in five forms, favors the stomach and intestinal tract, causing inflammation of tissues that leads to pain, nausea, and the diarrhea and vomiting. According to the CDC, about 51% of the cases in the U.S. were caused by person-to-person transmission, and 20% resulted from contaminated food. Most infections occur in places where large numbers of people are gathered, such as schools, nursing homes and cruise ships, where the virus can pass easily from host to host.

To read the whole article, visit here ---> The New Norovirus

Thoughts, ATS?

EDIT; Also, I wanted to mention that, after reading the symptoms, I believe that I extracted this illness about a month or so ago. I was rid of it in about a day and a half, but it was THE MOST MISERABLE thing I have ever experienced. I NEVER get sick, but when this happened, I fainted (I have never fainted before, EVER!), and I couldn't hold anything down, even painkillers, or even stomach acid. BUT, I was able to fight it off WITHOUT any kind of shot, so if the MSM magically conjures a vaccine, don't take it. You have a better chance without it.

ANOTHER EDIT; I changed the heading to a more fitting title. This new Norovirus is spreading like wildfire around the states right now, and it's part of the reason for our current mild epidemic.

edit on 25-1-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
First - if I am allowed to be a bit pedantic - your heading is misleading - as it is not 'an unknown stomach bug'. Also I'm not seeing the 'conspiracy'.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The Noro-virus hits every single year around the winter time in the UK , its hardly unknown.

Winter vomiting bug is a common term for noroviruses in the UK, because the virus tends to cause vomiting and to spread more easily in winter, when people tend to spend more time indoors and near to each other

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10
First - if I am allowed to be a bit pedantic - your heading is misleading - as it is not 'an unknown stomach bug'. Also I'm not seeing the 'conspiracy'.

You've never heard of a "pandemic-genocide" conspiracy as a means of depopulation? Also, the reason it was called an unknown virus is because it's a brand new strain of the Norovirus, one never before seen, and as a result, there's no vaccine for.

The Noro-virus hits every single year around the winter time in the UK , its hardly unknown.

New strand. It's unknown, as of now.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Of course its new, you cant catch the same virus twice. When you get a virus and recover from it your body learns how to kill the virus so you cant catch it again. Just like every time you get a cold its different from every other cold you have ever had.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I was just going to research this, where is it hitting right now?

I had this five years ago, about 300 people got it after a weekend stay at a resort.

It is of short duration, but I really thought I would die from it.

You throw up uncontrollably until you can't breath and you actually think your insides are coming out. While trying to breath I inhaled bile. It was the worst thing I ever experienced.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
We get this in the UK every year, gastroenteritis.

Comes from people not washing there hands properly.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Of course its new, you cant catch the same virus twice. When you get a virus and recover from it your body learns how to kill the virus so you cant catch it again. Just like every time you get a cold its different from every other cold you have ever had.

I pointed it out because we're having a lot bigger of a problem with it this year than usual. That's why it was worth posting, to me anyway.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
I was just going to research this, where is it hitting right now?

I had this five years ago, about 300 people got it after a weekend stay at a resort.

It is of short duration, but I really thought I would die from it.

You throw up uncontrollably until you can't breath and you actually think your insides are coming out. While trying to breath I inhaled bile. It was the worst thing I ever experienced.

EXACTLY! You explained everything I went through... it is straight-up awful.

I'm not sure exactly how life-threatening it is, but after seeing it's death toll in the USA this year, piled on top of the influenza, it freaked me out a little.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

What was the death toll by the way? dont think it would have been more than double digits for the UK. And those that did die from it would either be the most vulnerable or those unfortunate enough to be in one of our hospitals. So all in all its not much too worry about, it has been around for decades you know.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
New strain hits the US from Australia.

New Strain of Norovirus Is Circulating In The U.S. Read more: healthland.time.com...

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports in the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report that the new norovirus strain, called GII.4 Sydney, is currently the leading cause of norovirus outbreaks in the U.S. and accounted for 58% of cases of the infection in December.

Read more: healthland.time.com...

I can't find anything on the current death toll, but the average is 800 worldwide during each yearly season. Millions get sick each year.
edit on 25-1-2013 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

800 a year is ok compared to say influenza, thats about half a million a year.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

i wasnt aware of any vaccine for the " old " norovirus clades

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Misread the op.

Never mind.
edit on 25-1-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This virus shut down two hospital wards in two separate hospitals ( in my city alone), I read somewhere that this virus has tripled in spreading rates and thats why it's such a concern.

I wonder if it has something to do with radiation or something making peoples immune systems weaker, how else is this possible to affect so many people this year?

Personally I have never and will never a flu shot. Nature is the cure, not pharmaceuticals
edit on 26-1-2013 by RooskiZombi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
wile i aggree flu shots are way to hit and miss most kinds of shots work just the way we need them to.
as for being amuin to a vires tahts not totaly true you gain immunity for a time is all.
my wife get chciken pocks twice . the good thing is it would have been worse if not for the shots. so both times were miled and btw kids got it as well again very mild .
science has done us alot of good when it comes to this but tehre is no sure fire all incompising cure for any thing.
O one last thing if your like me and do worry about getting sick from a shot INSIST on teh DEAD shot .
see theres two typs of shots for stuff one a weakened virus os used and you acn get teh sickness its desined to stop and two a DEAD virus is use in wich you cant but it doesnt give you as much protection thus a weeker form if you get it later but safer as well.
for all thous who think you cancure everything with some stupid ho,me remedy ill send flowers to your furnial

top topics

join