John Wayne on Liberals...back in 1975...wild!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

You shouldn't cherry pick people's own words and use them against them, context matters.

Yeah Seabag, its been patented by the liberals and their folk, so when we use it against them, YOU ALL GET MAD

edit on 1/27/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

You shouldn't cherry pick people's own words and use them against them, context matters.

Yeah Seabag, its been patented by the liberals and their folk, so when we use it against them, YOU ALL GET MAD

edit on 1/27/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

The irony is astounding.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

He doesn't like "lemon colored characters".

CJ

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Actors pretend to be other people. Some people get their wires crossed and assume because someone played say, Moses, or a cowboy in a white hat in a movie, he is somehow on a higher moral ground than the rest of us. Actors are simply people who are good at pretending to be characters in a fiction. We give them an elevated status but they are just people, most of them would have been working at a car wash or department store if they weren't acting. Many of them don't have any special formal education in political science or social issue but feel a need to voice their thoughts as they are somehow privy to some great larger than life truth the rest of us are not quite able to see as well. HOGWASH. Mr Wayne is entitled to his opinion, but because its HIS opinion doesn't make it any more legitimate than just some some guy off the street. There are people in the acting profession with left leaning views who are extremely self righteous and condescending and yet, their opinions are also simply, opinions.
edit on 27-1-2013 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Thanks for the link. John Wayne was a great American. He always knew what our biggest enemy was. This country has squandered most of what his generation gave us.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
John Wayne was a white supremacist.. so why should anyone care what he has to say? That is, unless you are a white supremacist yourself. He wasn't very intelligent.

The only thing John Wayne cared about was keeping the white male on top and oppressing everyone else. He was a douche and is actually quite shameful anyone is taking up for him on this website.

WAYNE: With a lot of blacks, there’s quite a bit of resentment along with their dissent, and possibly rightfully so. But we can’t all of a sudden get down on our knees and turn everything over to the leadership of the blacks. I believe in white supremacy until the blacks are educated to a point of responsibility. I don’t believe in giving authority and positions of leadership and judgment to irresponsible people.”

wussuphater.wordpress.com...

edit on 26-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

BS! John Wayne was never known as a racist. What he said was exactly true, you don't give power to those who want it for the wrong reason. That is what's happened in this country. These days everything is taken out of context by liberals. They only believe in free speech if it supports their twisted agenda.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

lemon colored? ever think he was talking about cowards? Back then, they said if you were a coward you were yellow

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by ColoradoJens

lemon colored? ever think he was talking about cowards? Back then, they said if you were a coward you were yellow

Ah, no. The line refers to the Japanese.

CJ

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

And the catalyst of this fortay was ? I'm just harass'in ya OP .
SnF

No not

Chris Mathews

Gotta love John Wayne.
edit on 27-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

Look everybody Hollywood is telling Liberals what to think again.
I thought everybody hellywood was liberal.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Anyone who doesn't do what a self proclaimed 'conservative' wants is a liberal.

Americans, you divide yourselves, which makes you easier to tyrannise.

I don't know how anyone can be completely conservative, or completely liberal. They are stupid meaningless labels to be divided by.

You are completely controlled by these lables. They tell you what to think and how to act.

Those who proclaim to be the most free, are usually the most oppressed, and are simply in denial. You have to realise you have a problem, before you can do anything about it.

edit on 1/27/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Kind of ironic the symbol of American gun lust, The Duke, died from filming his pew-pew schlock in isotope- filled deserts once used for nuclear testing.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

The comedy revolves around Archie Bunker (Carroll O'Connor), a working-class World War II veteran. He is an outspoken bigot, seemingly prejudiced against everyone who is not a U.S.-born, politically conservative, heterosexual White Anglo-Saxon Protestant male, and dismissive of anyone not in agreement with his view of the world. His ignorance and stubbornness tend to cause his malapropism-filled arguments to self-destruct. He often responds to uncomfortable truths by blowing a raspberry.

Sounds like quite a few members here adhere to this philosophy.

all in the family

CJ

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by vtr99

Um,did you not read the interview I posted? He flat out says he is a white supremacist. He was a known racist, don't now what reality you live in.....

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Wow this thread is amazing, John Wayne says something actually profound (first time I have ever heard him say anything that I agree with) and everyone in the thread just turns it into a left vs right death match.

Did anyone actually watch the video?

Sure Wayne was talking about liberals (at the time), but honestly his opinion put into today's context concerns both sides of the aisle. No one listens to anyone else's opinion anymore, ego and extremism has infected all forms of political discussion.

Mr. Wayne you are right, you can't change human nature, you cannot stop the greed, but yes you can have hope, something that I find seriously lacking on this site day in and day out.
edit on 27-1-2013 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

You can't stop greed, but you can change the system that thrives on it.

The reality is people like John Wayne don't want to stop the greed, because they're greedy too.

The reason capitalism is supported is because most people live with the hope that one day they will also be able to feed their greed, that this system perpetuates.

It's the American dream isn't it? With the apple pie removed to show the chitty reality underneath it.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

You can't stop greed, but you can change the system that thrives on it.

Sure, but that simply begs the question, how?

The reality is people like John Wayne don't want to stop the greed, because they're greedy too.

Well you can assert this, but I do not know if he was truly "greedy", at least no more than any other individual is, and certainly no more than say the senior executives at a major corporation. I mean he talked in the video that Homer posted about how charities are basically rigged to make executives money, why would he care if he was so greedy?

The reason capitalism is supported is because most people live with the hope that one day they will also be able to feed their greed, that this system perpetuates.

It's the American dream isn't it? With the apple pie removed to show the chitty reality underneath it.

Anok, I agree with you on alot of issues, and I am more than willing to acknowledge the morality in having workers own the means of production, but in my humble opinion this thread has nothing to do with subject of capitalism, at all.

Homer made this thread as jab against liberals, but after listening to what John Wayne actually said, I realized the actual profoundness of his statements, which is that there is a growing level of intellectual dishonesty in the world, that is fueled by ego, and an inability to compromise which is the cornerstone of politics. Why? Because people do not agree.

People have become so obsessed with there political idealism, and their assertion that they are so correct, that progress is being stifled, US politics is the joke of the world, because we have one party who wants to be Superman, and another party who acts like a spoiled whining 8 year every time they do not get what they want.

Until the right stops treating the left like they are tyrannical communists, nothing will really get accomplished, and until the left stops treating the right like autocratic fascists, nothing will really get accomplished.

But again I have hope, hope that reason, logic, and realism actually conquers ignorance, extremism, and blind idealism.
edit on 28-1-2013 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye

Sure, but that simply begs the question, how?

That you have to figure out yourself. You have the power, you all do, but you have to stop with the individualism nonsense and realise the enemy is not liberals or conservatives, it is those in power, politically and economically.

Well you can assert this, but I do not know if he was truly "greedy", at least no more than any other individual is, and certainly no more than say the senior executives at a major corporation. I mean he talked in the video that Homer posted about how charities are basically rigged to make executives money, why would he care if he was so greedy?

Well most individuals are greedy, including me. As I said it's why capitalism isn't history.

Maybe because he wasn't getting a cut, I don't know.

Anok, I agree with you on alot of issues, and I am more than willing to acknowledge the morality in having workers own the means of production, but in my humble opinion this thread has nothing to do with subject of capitalism, at all.

Well that's fine, I see capitalism in everything, because it is.

US politics is the joke of the world, because we have one party who wants to be Superman, and another party who acts like a spoiled whining 8 year every time they do not get what they want.

Hmmm I see both parties whining when they don't get what they want. But are you really talking about the parties here, or the people?

Until the right stops treating the left like they are tyrannical communists, nothing will really get accomplished, and until the left stops treating the right like autocratic fascists, will really get accomplished.

But again I have hope, hope that reason, logic, and realism actually conquers ignorance, extremism, and blind idealism.

But the reality is nothing is going to get accomplished with politics because it's not designed to, Politics is just a distraction to keep your eye off the ball, the ball being the economic system. The economic system is where the real power is, and where any real change has to start. The governments left-right soap opera is just there to distract you from that reality.

There is no real left wing, no real opposition to anything, just superficial causes. We have confused social issues with political issues, so people are focused on abortion instead of real political issues. Abortion is not a left or right wing issue, it is a personal issue. Left and right is not an emotional choice. Not agreeing with abortion doesn't mean you can't support worker ownership, and anti-statism. Doesn't mean it makes you automatically right-wing, people just use irrelevant social issues to label themselves.

This is done purposely to keep us week, and powerless.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

That you have to figure out yourself. You have the power, you all do,

My question of "how" was rhetorical, as I contend a system without greed, corruption, or oligarchy is unrealistic. If you could discover a way of providing infinite resources, maybe such a system would exist, but reality is not so fair.

Now I believe you can make the system better, and in some ways I think it is getting better (albeit very very slowly).

but you have to stop with the individualism nonsense

Well individualism has its merits, depending on your interpretation of the philosophy.

and realise the enemy is not liberals or conservatives, it is those in power, politically and economically.

Sure the authority is always the "enemy", funny though how we elect the majority of them. Humans are paradoxical when it comes to the concept of authority, we strive for leadership, yet we condemn the leaders we elect. Is this not a great example of the human condition? The authority will always commit acts that the people will deplore, yet the authority deems necessary, reality practically dictates this.

This reminds me of Chomsky...

“Authority, unless justified, is inherently illegitimate, and the burden of proof is on those in authority. If this burden can't be met, the authority in question should be dismantled.”

I agree with him. However, I have come to the conclusion that the modern day western authority is justified, as are good many of its actions. Just a few weeks ago I made a thread about the application and justification of authority, I had been so confused about the political world that I made it in haste, but after writing it I realized that my own political idealism had clouded my since of logic, and reason.

The world we live in is not black, or white, it is a deep, deep grey.

The truth of the world is that it is chaotic. The truth is, that it is not the Jewish banking conspiracy, or the grey aliens, or the twelve-foot reptiloids from another dimension that are in control, the truth is far more frightening; no-one is in control, the world is rudderless."

But the reality is nothing is going to get accomplished with politics because it's not designed to, Politics is just a distraction to keep your eye off the ball, the ball being the economic system. The economic system is where the real power is, and where any real change has to start. The governments left-right soap opera is just there to distract you from that reality.

How is accomplished through any other means? Any form of resistance, or organisation which could be formed by its nature would be political.

I see the economic system and the political system to be one and the same, the idea of free markets has always been really disingenuous, as the state must control the authority within the corporate sector, because it is unaccountable.

There is no real left wing, no real opposition to anything, just superficial causes. We have confused social issues with political issues, so people are focused on abortion instead of real political issues. Abortion is not a left or right wing issue, it is a personal issue. Left and right is not an emotional choice. Not agreeing with abortion doesn't mean you can't support worker ownership, and anti-statism. Doesn't mean it makes you automatically right-wing, people just use irrelevant social issues to label themselves.

Sure, US politics is screwed up that was my point from the beginning. However this is not a failure of the political system, this is a failure of education, and the existence of an "us and them" culture.

And I'm sorry but the society with no state does not exist, and it never will, because we seek authority, and it manifests itself.

This is done purposely to keep us week, and powerless.

No its not, it is because we elect leaders who have been indoctrinated in idealism and extremism, not because of some malevolent plot.
edit on 28-1-2013 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join