John Wayne on Liberals...back in 1975...wild!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
At one point in time the "liberal agenda" was considered by republicans to be women voting and blacks being treated as equals.

Now days its things like gays being treated as equals or women having choice over their own bodies.....

...and sure enough in 40 years we know how those opposed are going to look...

edit on 26/1/13 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

Implying Western Civilisation will even be here in 40 years..

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Good stuff!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
John Wayne was a white supremacist.. so why should anyone care what he has to say? That is, unless you are a white supremacist yourself. He wasn't very intelligent.

The only thing John Wayne cared about was keeping the white male on top and oppressing everyone else. He was a douche and is actually quite shameful anyone is taking up for him on this website.

“PLAYBOY: That’s hardly the point, but let’s change the subject. For years American Indians have played an important—if subordinate—role in your Westerns. Do you feel any empathy with them?

WAYNE: I don’t feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them, if that’s what you’re asking. Our so-called stealing of this country from them was just a matter of survival. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”

PLAYBOY: Angela Davis claims that those who would revoke her teaching credentials on ideological grounds are actually discriminating against her because she’s black. Do you think there’s any truth in that?

WAYNE: With a lot of blacks, there’s quite a bit of resentment along with their dissent, and possibly rightfully so. But we can’t all of a sudden get down on our knees and turn everything over to the leadership of the blacks. I believe in white supremacy until the blacks are educated to a point of responsibility. I don’t believe in giving authority and positions of leadership and judgment to irresponsible people.”

wussuphater.wordpress.com...

edit on 26-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Racism is a sign of not being intelligent, so yeah, it does. But being a right wing extremist yourself, you're more than likely racist. Hence why you're making a joke out of it....normal people don't do that.

Obama must be one unintelligent dude then.

If you voted for him, what does that make you?

Very interesting…watch this:

I guess you’re now going to tell me that wasn’t racism?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I didn't vote for Obama nor am I an Obama supporter, so your post is pointless to me.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

I guess I’ll have to take your word for it….but I have my doubts.

Could you not find a “left-winger” to vote for?

Did you vote for Romney? He's a left winger in my book, and that's far better than a liberal!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
ATTENTION:

Stick to the topic and refrain from personal attacks or political trolling.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

How is Romney a Left Winger?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by seabag

It's all relative, a matter of perspective. Seabag must be far-right like a fascist or a Nazi is, so conservatives from the GOP would seem left wing to him.

The location of center of the left-right spectrum is a matter of debate. Some argue that the center is not in the center of the two major parties, as is so often assumed in western democratic nations.

edit on 26/1/13 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I said he’s a liberal…and he is.

I thought you were one of the many people who said there is no difference between the GOP and Democrat parties? If so, I agree. The closest thing to a conservative in the last GOP primary was Gary Johnson.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Really there is no center. I don't really fully understand how Americans interpret left and right, but historically it's a measure of authority. The more right the more authority, thus fascism is far right, the more left you go the less authority, anarchism being the extreme left.

Left and right does not mean two different political parties who are supposed to be opposites. That is not how the rest of the world sees left and right. Both your political parties are right wing, the conservatives being farther to the right than the liberals. There is no left wing in your government, at least not where is makes any difference.

The original political meanings of ‘left’ and ‘right’ have changed since their origin in the French estates general in 1789. There the people sitting on the left could be viewed as more or less anti-statists with those on the right being state-interventionists of one kind or another. In this interpretation of the pristine sense, libertarianism was clearly at the extreme left-wing.

www.la-articles.org.uk...

Edit; well I just realised I'm repeating myself, already said this, oh well it's just early onset dementia, no big deal, I'll be alright in the morning.

edit on 1/27/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

This is an awesome thread. Thanks. I haven't chuckled this hard since the Clint Eastwood thing.

CJ

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

That isn't what you said. Copied from the post I replied to:

Did you vote for Romney? He's a left winger in my book, and that's far better than a liberal!

So I ask again, how is Romney Left Wing?

I thought you were one of the many people who said there is no difference between the GOP and Democrat parties? If so, I agree. The closest thing to a conservative in the last GOP primary was Gary Johnson.

You shouldn't cherry pick people's own words and use them against them, context matters. The GOP and the Dems are alike in many ways... they are both authoritarian, they are both controlled by special interest. But that really is beside the point in our discussion here isn't it? Unless you are asserting that the GOP doesn't represent Conservatives but Democrats do represent Liberals and everything left of Liberal. Is that your assertion?
edit on 27-1-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join