It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have lost tolerance for new immigrants(Taking our Jobs)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I understand your problems with immigrants as it's the same down here, even in small towns like mine.

I too, want to immigrate to Canada, or to a country with affordable schooling, as even with financial aid, film school is wicked expensive, and I have been trying to find a job since 2007. I only got some temporary and part time work, but I'm not disabled enough with my AS to go through a service.

But your comments about how people like me are leaching off the system are kind of hurtful, and make me want to put off coming to the country and just deal with the toil and drudgery here.

I'm not lazy or unmotivated, I filled out over 30 application this past year and have my name with 3 temp agencies. I was hoping at least there would be a shot for me somewhere.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
doublepost
edit on 26-1-2013 by TheToastmanCometh because: double post-don't know why this keeps happening

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

If the workers owned the means of production they wouldn't need to migrate.
I agree 100%!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
There are plenty of jobs here in Alberta, the issue is Alberta folk won't work them. That's why places like Tim Horton's is staffed mostly with folks from over seas.

Everyone wants a job that pays a crap load of money, but they don't wish to work for that money. Give me, give me, give me is the name of the game. Immigrants and over seas workers will come in and do the jobs that normal Canadian's/Albertans won't , I am not going to fault them for that.

It's not up to the Government to put folks to work, it's up to folks to put themselves to work! In Alberta they scream for people to fill the jobs, and no one comes. The jobs have to be filled by someone. Watch the job boards for a while, the jobs that say almost point blank "We are only hiring Canadians" never seem to never get filled. And yes we have job ads like that, at least here in Alberta.

The jobs are over flowing again at least in Alberta, maybe you and people like you are not looking hard enough.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jerseymilker
There are plenty of jobs here in Alberta, the issue is Alberta folk won't work them. That's why places like Tim Horton's is staffed mostly with folks from over seas.

Everyone wants a job that pays a crap load of money, but they don't wish to work for that money. Give me, give me, give me is the name of the game. Immigrants and over seas workers will come in and do the jobs that normal Canadian's/Albertans won't , I am not going to fault them for that.

It's not up to the Government to put folks to work, it's up to folks to put themselves to work! In Alberta they scream for people to fill the jobs, and no one comes. The jobs have to be filled by someone. Watch the job boards for a while, the jobs that say almost point blank "We are only hiring Canadians" never seem to never get filled. And yes we have job ads like that, at least here in Alberta.

The jobs are over flowing again at least in Alberta, maybe you and people like you are not looking hard enough.

We live on the east coast, and are very well aware of how many positions are available in Alberta. Every classified section here, is half a page of WORK IN THE OILFIELDS. So why won't Albertan's work in their own province? From my perspective, the cost of living out there is so outrageous, no wonder nobody wants to hand out double doubles for minimum wage. You cannot survive on that, especially with a family. It's no wonder there are immigrants with entire families in a one bedroom apartment. It has also been passed through the rumor mill out here, that outsiders are NOT WELCOME in Alberta and are shunned for the same reason as immigrants from other countries are. So which is it? Do you want people or not?

Regardless, I came back to this thread, after having time to decompress my anger, and try to turn it around into something positive.Initially, I still blame our government because to me fast food, retail service positions, etc..should be filled by our countries youth to gain job experience, and that has been taken away.
I'll stand by that.
However, yesterday, I chose to expand my experience and open my mind. My husband and I traveled to the city and while there visited a large multi cultural market. This place was PACKED with people of various nationalities all selling their own foods/ handicrafts etc, unique to their culture. These folks own their own businesses here, and to me it enriches our country and doesn't take anything away. I suppose I needed to see the flip side, to open my mind. It was a wonderful thing to experience a different culture without leaving my own backyard.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Ok, I see how it works. Let’s go ahead and invade another country and use up all their resources because you’re too lazy to stand up as a people in your own country and make a difference.
reply to post by Propulsion

We already do.

Maybe you should take a look at Americas recent geo-political history.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by Propulsion
They need to stand up to their Government and make change, instead of going to some other country where change is made to cater them.

But their government isn't really the problem, it's their economy.

They have a capitalist economy, and the capitalists owners are an extremely small minority, almost just one family. They pay workers very little, and take all the wealth for themselves.

If the workers owned the means of production they wouldn't need to migrate.

See, this is the same tired old argument that comes out time and time again.
Whats stopping people doing it for themselves? Cooperatives, cottage industries, anything really.
Its like we are purposely saying that the workers are all too thick or all too poor to take a degree of control and do it for themselves.
Yes, its not easy, yes there will be barriers to overcome but If you dont try you spend your remaining years struggling with no legacy for future generations.
Its actually easier just to up sticks and emigrate.
Thats ridiculous, that country merely continues in perpetual poverty with its citizens walking round with the begging bowl strapped to them..

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
I believe all humans, no matter where they were born(which isn't something in anyone's control) have the right to seek a better life for themselves, wherever that may be.

Yes, sometimes that takes jobs away from citizens of the countries to move too, but immigration also has a habit of highlighting the incompetence of various governments. When there's not enough jobs for citizens, which is a problem in the US as well as Canada, and many other countries by the way, it's usually poor decision making practices by the government(s) which contributed greatly to the problem.

I just hate the idea that because someone happened to be born in Mexico, Guatemala, Romania, Kenya, among many other countries, that they don't have the right as humans on our planet to seek a better life for themselves. Sure they can go through immigration procedures for different countries but those by in large are faulty, broken systems in the first place, and shouldn't dictate where us humans can live, reside or earn a living on our planet.

Immigration in the first place in built upon the thought process that a country says this is ours, you can't enter and we have a greater right to this part of our planet than you do, even though we all share this planet and have no control over where or when we are born.
edit on 25-1-2013 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

Logged in to star this post. Very well put.
The problem is the system and the government, not the people.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Greetings, AccessDenied,

The threat to and demise of jobs, across your Southern border, comes from non-immigrants. These are not just Mexican border jumpers, but replacement-worker holders of the infamous non-immigrant h-1b visa arriving at the rate of 65000 + 20000 per year.

While Mexican border jumpers replace blue collar workers (ostensibly, jobs that Americans won't do), h-1b replacement workers (from places like Chennai, Bangalore, Delhi, Pune, etc) command white collar technical jobs. Politicians demand we believe that there are only 65,000 replacement workers in the US at any time. Truth is, that figure (65000+20000) are arrivals per year, for their 6+1 years visa duration. So, if you run the numbers, and this has been going on since the 1990's, it becomes obvious that these replacement workers (along with offshore outsourcing workers domiciled in India) dominate America's info tech workforce. "Visa-Overstays" are those who exceed their 7 year tenure, and also impact jobs that Americans are fired from.

If soetoro has his way, the 85,000 per year cap will be eliminated to allow unlimited h-1b replacement workers as fast as the transportation will send them to the US. Several years ago, a website link appeared (quickly taken down afterwards) that Tata Corporation could send in 10 million replacement workers on short notice. There's no proof of that link, but given the massive population of offshoring workers domiciled in India, they have the capacity to send in millions more replacement workers as fast as the airlift and sealift can get them to the US.

Even more insidious is that the norm whereby Americans are coerced/intimidated to train their foreign replacements prior to being fired, and there are long lists of these instances. The US government allows this situation to fester.

Replacement workers will probably enjoy exemptions from obamacare, since they are (indentured) employees of the giant India based corporations (ie. Tata) and farmed out to US firms. The obamacare law is already causing US firms to reduce their staffs to part-time and/or to less than 50 employees, and may eventually increase their demand for foreign replacement workers.

Non-immigrant replacement workers are represented by

--- the giant lobby organization, NASSCOM,
--- by The Immigration Voice Website even though the h-1b visa is non-immigrant
--- by sell-out (liberal AND conservative) Democrat and Republican congressmen
--- by Senator Cornyn (shame on you, Senator, you ought to know better!)
--- by the powerful Friends of India Caucus
--- by hussein soetoro and his enormous czar staff.

Fired (outsourced) US workers are represented by:

--- nobody but themselves.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
go home immigrants, your drunk

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adonsa
Greetings, AccessDenied,

The threat to and demise of jobs, across your Southern border, comes from non-immigrants. These are not just Mexican border jumpers, but replacement-worker holders of the infamous non-immigrant h-1b visa arriving at the rate of 65000 + 20000 per year.

While Mexican border jumpers replace blue collar workers (ostensibly, jobs that Americans won't do), h-1b replacement workers (from places like Chennai, Bangalore, Delhi, Pune, etc) command white collar technical jobs. Politicians demand we believe that there are only 65,000 replacement workers in the US at any time. Truth is, that figure (65000+20000) are arrivals per year, for their 6+1 years visa duration. So, if you run the numbers, and this has been going on since the 1990's, it becomes obvious that these replacement workers (along with offshore outsourcing workers domiciled in India) dominate America's info tech workforce. "Visa-Overstays" are those who exceed their 7 year tenure, and also impact jobs that Americans are fired from.

If soetoro has his way, the 85,000 per year cap will be eliminated to allow unlimited h-1b replacement workers as fast as the transportation will send them to the US. Several years ago, a website link appeared (quickly taken down afterwards) that Tata Corporation could send in 10 million replacement workers on short notice. There's no proof of that link, but given the massive population of offshoring workers domiciled in India, they have the capacity to send in millions more replacement workers as fast as the airlift and sealift can get them to the US.

Even more insidious is that the norm whereby Americans are coerced/intimidated to train their foreign replacements prior to being fired, and there are long lists of these instances. The US government allows this situation to fester.

Replacement workers will probably enjoy exemptions from obamacare, since they are (indentured) employees of the giant India based corporations (ie. Tata) and farmed out to US firms. The obamacare law is already causing US firms to reduce their staffs to part-time and/or to less than 50 employees, and may eventually increase their demand for foreign replacement workers.

Non-immigrant replacement workers are represented by

--- the giant lobby organization, NASSCOM,
--- by The Immigration Voice Website even though the h-1b visa is non-immigrant
--- by sell-out (liberal AND conservative) Democrat and Republican congressmen
--- by Senator Cornyn (shame on you, Senator, you ought to know better!)
--- by the powerful Friends of India Caucus
--- by hussein soetoro and his enormous czar staff.

Fired (outsourced) US workers are represented by:

--- nobody but themselves.

If you had read the thread..I don't live in America. (Thankfully).

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
"They will hire from within their own culture...and who could blame them? I would! "

i cannot imagine where the problem starts.....hrm.

Cleaners - Day shiftSponsored Jobs
Randstad Canada - NEPEAN,ON
Salary: 11 Seeking full time cleaners for temporary contract work in the WEST END. Our client in the West End of Ottawa is seeking experienced cleaners for work in the common areas of their high rise... Canada Cleaners - Day shift Jobs
Found at CareerBuilder.ca - 4 days ago

Cleaner
Randstad Canada - NEPEAN,ON
Salary: 10.50 Our west end client is looking for a Cleaner to assist them clean large buildings. Job duties include but are not limited to sweeping, mopping, dusting, cleaning stair cases, basic... Number: 613.726.0220 Fax Number: 613.726.1440 Randstad Canada Cleaner Jobs
Found at CareerBuilder.ca - 4 days ago

Sort: Relevance Date

Cleaner
Brandon Regional Health Authority -BRANDON,MB
Cleaner 7th Street Health Access Centre Part Time (.51 E.F.T.) Days/Evenings - Weekdays/Weekends - Rotation HOURLY WAGE: $14.479 - $16.785 REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum Grade 10 Education... Brandon Regional Health Authority Cleaner Jobs....
Found at Brandon Regional Health Authority - 4 days ago Save Job more...
brandon regional health authority Jobs
BRANDON jobs

[PDF] Cleaner
Corporation of County of Lambton -WYOMING,ON
services and the collaborative efforts with our municipal and community partners. Cleaner Casual... Corporation of County of Lambton Corporation of the County of Lambton Cleaner Jobs....
Found at Corporation of the County of Lambton - 15 days ago Save Job more...
corporation of county of lambton Jobs
WYOMING jobs

[PDF] Room Cleaner
Mountain Park Lodges -JASPER,AB
POSITION: Room Cleaner Offering staff accommodations, benefits, and... Cleaner is key in providing the necessary service of ensuring clean and comfortable rooms for our guests. This is a basic mandate of hotels and the Room Cleaner is the key performer. Providing this....
Found at Mountain Park Lodges

plenty of jobs ^^

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This comes to mind.

edit on 27-1-2013 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

Ummm, you took that quote from the part of my post describing the new visa immigration, for those from outside Canada to start new business here. Had nothing to do with current job postings.

Did you happen to cross reference the cities you posted, with their current demographics? Cost of renting house/ apartment for a family? Current utility rates?
A large family of immigrants quite often have 2-3 or more working adults all living under the same roof, so a minimum wage job with full time hours is no doubt more than enough.
For the average Canadian, 1-2 adults living with 2.2 kids and both working for $10.50 an hour won't cut it.
Depending on the province as well, tax deductions can render even a higher wage job the equivalent of minimum.
Not to mention , those job postings that are a courtesy, but in actuality have already hired within.
I know for a fact that my province has an exchange program with Ireland wherein young workers are switched between locations.
And lastly, because there are so few jobs, employers can get over 500 resumes for 2 jobs and would rather hire those who already have experience. How does our youth get that??? Not everyone has the privilege of a cultural exchange.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
I have completely and utterly, lost all patience and tolerance for new immigrants coming into my country (Canada) and taking away employment opportunity for people who were born here.
Let me be clear ,..Iam not racist. I embrace all cultures and beliefs. This is not about that. This is plain and simply about not enough jobs already, and our government is stupidly filling them with immigrants.
If you can't find employment you have no choice but to go on welfare, but omg, that makes you a third rate citizen.
While in one of my favorite shopping haunts today the cashier was conversing to another regular customer.
It seems, the customers daughter,who was a college graduate, applied for a job she had both education and experience for...but was passed over for a new immigrant. Now, that might in itself seem isolated..but it's not. Where I live, you go to any restaurant, fast food, coffee shop etc...and English is the second language. This town is overflowing with young people who should be flipping burgers but cannot get any work experience. Employers claim that the immigrants are harder workers,more reliable, etc. How do you know if you won't even give a local an interview? I know it's not just my town, or my province. I just can't freakin understand it. Government complains how much it has to dish out for social services, well damn ...stop inviting people into the country that take away our jobs. THERE ISN'T ENOUGH TO GO AROUND.
And icing on the cake I read this stupidity today...

Canada announces new startup visa program to attract entrepreneurs starting on April 1

thenextweb.com...

The program is the first of its kind in Canada and is being pitched as “a powerful incentive to attract individuals with great potential.” By giving immigrant entrepreneurs permanent residency and immediate access to a wide range of business partners, Canada hopes to position itself as a destination of choice for startups.

Now, at first this may seem a good idea...NOT. It doesn't mean more jobs for those born and bred here. They will hire from within their own culture...and who could blame them? I would!

It's sickening that we cannot survive in our own country.
/Rant off
edit on 25-1-2013 by AccessDenied because: title clarification

You have to understand that TPTB where against the civil rights movement, and only used it to their advantage in order not to lose control. The program now is to use non-caucasian immigrants to dis-enfranchise Caucasians in order to create both a race conscious among Caucasians(so that wars between Caucasians never happen again, as it was Caucasian War 1 and 2 that broke Caucasian hegemony over the world) and to make us view non-Caucasians as being sub-human.

--
There also has been the long program going on now for sometime to discredit Protestant religions. It seems to have been upped recently with certain elements conspiring to support homosexuality within the Protestant Churches(where do the congregations go over the long haul if their ministers all try to support homosexuality and other evil actions?).

I view it as different hands trying to shuffle people around like cards to one pre-determined outcome.
edit on 27-1-2013 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
An employer, above all, will employ those qualified for the position they're trying to fill.

Aside from the menial work that most in developed societies wouldn't touch unless absolutely forced to, there's no way for an "immigrant" to "steal" your potential job unless they're more qualified than you.

As such, train up or shut up.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CristobalColonic

Employers also have incentive to hire immigrants because of a tax credit.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LFN69

Your ignorance shows clearly. You obviously do not know how the other half of farmers operate. What I mean by "other half" is that not all farmers pay immigrants "cheaply" because they can. It seems like you are making assumptions based off of what you here on the streets and see in the paper.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaExplorer15
reply to post by LFN69

Your ignorance shows clearly. You obviously do not know how the other half of farmers operate. What I mean by "other half" is that not all farmers pay immigrants "cheaply" because they can. It seems like you are making assumptions based off of what you here on the streets and see in the paper.

It's part of the game, to call rurals idiots or imply that they're not evolved. Pure emotional filth, meanwhile nothing is said about factory farming and depletion of soils nutrients.
To all parents out there, feed your kid a healthy breakfast cuz they're eating ratburgers for lunch at school

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

Ratburgers

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join