It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have lost tolerance for new immigrants(Taking our Jobs)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by MysticPearl
I believe all humans, no matter where they were born(which isn't something in anyone's control) have the right to seek a better life for themselves, wherever that may be.

Yes, sometimes that takes jobs away from citizens of the countries to move too, but immigration also has a habit of highlighting the incompetence of various governments. When there's not enough jobs for citizens, which is a problem in the US as well as Canada, and many other countries by the way, it's usually poor decision making practices by the government(s) which contributed greatly to the problem.

I just hate the idea that because someone happened to be born in Mexico, Guatemala, Romania, Kenya, among many other countries, that they don't have the right as humans on our planet to seek a better life for themselves. Sure they can go through immigration procedures for different countries but those by in large are faulty, broken systems in the first place, and shouldn't dictate where us humans can live, reside or earn a living on our planet.

Immigration in the first place in built upon the thought process that a country says this is ours, you can't enter and we have a greater right to this part of our planet than you do, even though we all share this planet and have no control over where or when we are born.
edit on 25-1-2013 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

Can't say you are wrong in many of those thoughts, sounds like you are a One World Gov. type person so you may soon see your wish coming true.

One World Gov type? You must not know me and that is quite the straw man meant to knock my opinion.

What I would prefer is all governments, as well as people by and large, to have more respect for humanity as a whole, and people who are and were born into worse situations than us in US/Canada which are out of their control and want to make a better life for themselves.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
So, people who have destroyed their own countries should be invited to move to countries that other people have built up into the best parts of the world, so they can destroy those countries too? Maybe it would be better if they HAD to stay in their own countries and try to fix what's broken.

Don't see a lot of whites emigrating to Africa, or the mideast, or to Mexico. Seems to only go one way, for some reason.

None of this is happening by accident.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
Don't see a lot of whites emigrating to Africa, or the mideast, or to Mexico. Seems to only go one way, for some reason.

But they were 250 years ago, and what did whites do when they migrated?

You should look at the history of Australia, South Africa, India, The United States. We whipped them out!

And this is why they are immigrating here now, because we robbed those countries of their resources, and claimed all their land. Those Nations had no chance of developing, the west made sure of that.

Whites have destroyed whole communities. How can you forget your own history?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
dbl sorry

edit on 1/26/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

My reply wasn't to you, it was to those who put blame on the immigrants.

But having said that, maybe you should change the title then?

"I have lost tolerance for new immigrants (Taking our Jobs)"

Maybe it should have been "I have lost tolerance for governments immigration policy"?

Hmmmm?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
They do it to depress wages. It's simple supply and demand. The more people who are desperate for a job the more willing they will be to acept lower wages for that job. If you nation is not tough on illegal immigration the companies can even get away with paying below minimum wage and not having to worry about taxes or health plans for the workers. Many illegals are paid under the table and it cuts costs significantly for any company. Most government officals are just whores for these companies and if it's profitiable for them they don't really care about a little guy like you. In many cases both political parties push this so it doesn't matter who you vote for. I don't know what you can do beyond starting a company yourself and exploiting low wages or moving to a country with stricter immigration laws. Though most that do have them are hard to move to like Japan for example.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Count yourself bloody lucky, at least those people coming in want to work and are putting something back into the economy, here in the UK it seems a majority come here to go straight on to benefits with numerous children. And before you say you can't go straight on to benefits, you can, you just tell them you are self employed and looking for work, you can instantly claim then.

Sadly we also have a large number of Radicals that are commanded by the Radical clerics to NOT take part in work here and to attach themselves to every benefit, partly to give to the Mosques and partly as an attempt to attack the countries resources.

Again, before you say that's all clap trap then go ask your local radicals, they will happily confirm its true, the reason being is that they do not believe in our democratic system and Western life style so do whatever they are told to over throw it.

So OP, at least your lot are coming to work....

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

No no and no...the immigrant is READY to put up with crap to get a better life (you obviously are not).not his fault.so you either buckle up,or take on your government and the big companies or plainly stop bitching/rant off

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I wonder if the native americans are saying, "what goes around, comes around..."

this is practice for when the real aliens arrive

edit on 26-1-2013 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
As some of you know, I live in China.
If the Chinese immigrate Canada is their first choice, many of the Canadian teacehers here just train students for immigration to Canada which is apparently 'open door'.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
THEY TOOK ER JERBS

erk er derbs

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

At least your goverment invites them and in a way they control the number of people that will enter Canada.

In Greece they enter illegally(from middle east and Africa).It is estimated that 1 to 3 million(noone is really sure) people live illegally in the country.Now with the economic crisis that jobs are really hard find they have turned into crime.There are places in the center of Athens that you can't go after dark and sometimes not even during daytime.

Since they have no papers when they are arrested they cannot be send back to their countries because they lie about their homecountry and their names and when the authorities contact the country,they don't recognize them as their citizents,so they stay here.

Coming to country illegally has raised a health issue.They have brought deseases that have disappeared 50 or 60 years ago.

Taking the jobs used to be an issue when jobs existed here.Now it's a matter of survival.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I have completely and utterly, lost all patience and tolerance for new immigrants coming into my country

Why have you lost tolerance for the immigrants? Why dont you lose tolerance with your government who let them in, with your fellow Canadians who voted for them?
Not the immigrants fault is it? If you have nothing where you're from, you're going to go get it somewhere else. It's logical.
edit on 26-1-2013 by ParaSpy2012 because: Bad Gramma Jamma

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I wont go through this thread...I'll just ask, what jobs are the immigrants taking from you? Office jobs? Positions with local law enforcement? Jobs at a hospital?.....or the type of jobs that you and most of us on here wouldnt take anyway?

Just curious

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

i hear you, same here in finland, i think that many place prefer immigrants becouse they arent aware of all the laws about extra payment for working additional hours and working in the evenings and all that. bosses can rip them off pretty easily... for example we have lots of shrooms and berries here so finnish companies import asian people to pick them and houses them in these metal boxes that are used as storage in construction sites, and they pay them less than minimum.. that is not cool..

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Greetings ATS

Normally i dont care what people think about other races , or immigrants , but its not as easy as it looks

I work in a Minus 25 Degrees Surrounding , the SOLE reason my company still exists is because of Polish Immigrants , The last Native Dutch person that Applied for this job was 8 years ago...

General concencus is that people dont want to do these kind of jobs its too low for them.....

Wat if my country forbids immigrants ??? i will most likely lose my job , because my company cant deliver
Just Because the Native population Think they are to perfect to do the lowest of lowest jobs.

so you rather want companies to go Bankrupt and the people to lose there homes , then you would allow immigrants to work.

For centuries we White folks have used Slaves and piled them up in our Cargo Holds and let them eat and drink there own p#%ss and sh#%t.

There has never been any Apologies , Nor acknowledgement of the fact that WE where The DEVIL IN FLESH.
Using these people as Material instead of seeing them as EQUAL.

All the Colored People have all the right to Wipe all White people of the earth.

This is another Example what Borders do with people , Immigrant ???? , wake up for pete sakes we are ALL from planet earth , who Cares where you are born , Our governments have stole our countries from their Rightfull owners, and Besides People Moved Around Continents Since the Beginning of Mankind.

I am Not mad at The OP nor trying To Derail this Discussion , its just not as easy as it looks , we Decided to go Commercial with Jets and other Public Transport , its so easy to travel from one country to the next one yet we ourselfs make a problem out of it , by Labelling Individuals as Stranger or Immigrant.

TheGreazel
edit on 26-1-2013 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Double Post
Sorry
edit on 26-1-2013 by TheGreazel because: Double post

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Take a geographical map and look at it.

Do you see any lines?

No?

Then shut the **** up because this extreme nationalistic and conservative way of thinking is what is wrong with the world. We are all people, we all deserve what's best and if you or anybody tries to put an end to this, that is a breaking of the basics of human rights and those people should be trialed for crimes against humanity even if its against one person.

Think about it for a moment and put yourself in their position.

And stop being a narcisistic a**.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Employers get a tax credit for hiring immigrants. That automatically makes them a more favorable candidate than a natural born citizen.
Does that make it a level playing field?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
They wouldn't be here if the Europeans didn't colonize their land and steal all their resources.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join