It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was Leonardo hinting at with John the Baptist?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Collateral

The same can be said for anyone in that case. No one knows anything in the bible actually happened, their beliefs are part of their own deductions.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Exactly. So why is Da Vinci taken so seriously?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: isyeye

Ithink it is def something he certainly put meesages what your ideas are Im not sure interesting though

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
The hand gestures is belief in hermeticism that a person (as below) is one with the universe (as above ) or to put it more simply, everything is one mind or one spirit.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by Akragon

Since Jesus was killed by Romans and da Vinci's painting of John was turned into a Roman deity, that leads me to believe that Rome changed his identity at some point, and that identity was Jesus, since both him and Bacchus resurrected and had a god as their father.

Pardon me as i'm slowly digesting all this, but Rome changed whose identity? Are you saying that Rome killed someone else and that John is really Christ? That the person who died on the pole or the cross was someone else? A stand-in or body double?
edit on 2/28/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I was under the impression that Jesus and John the Baptist represented the same person, my theory was that John the Baptist was Mary and Mary was Jesus and Jesus was a woman, I now see Jesus as androgynous. I've kind of moved on from this line of thinking and a lot of my views have changed. I'm not too sure either John or Jesus even existed anymore. BUT, they do represent certain aspects of existence and are just anthropomorphised concepts into human beings, they are myths basically.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Ah...thanks for summarizing it up for me. I think I get it now. This is really interesting as I've always found the Mary stories very interesting. And the myriad of possibilities too. I'll be back.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

The same can be said for anyone in that case. No one knows anything in the bible actually happened, their beliefs are part of their own deductions.

Well that would include your constant comments on the bible, Jesus, John ect.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

My opinion is that John represents nature or Mother Earth (Virgin Mary as well) while Jesus represents time or Father Spirit. They're the dichotomy of our bodies and minds basically. Jesus being baptized by John (Mary) represents childbirth or coming into the world, Jesus' death and resurrection represents death in general or leaving this world. The story is a metaphor for what we experience right now, which is life itself. They anthropomorphised certain aspects of existence itself (like birth and death) into a mythical story then sold it as actual history.

Sorry, I felt like I needed to clarify my stances as of now for a bit.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

There is no reason to believe any of this.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Well, I am part of "anyone" aren't I? I never denied what you're saying.
At least I can admit my opinion is opinion instead of calling it undeniable truth as some people do.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

There is no reason to believe a snake talked and a guy walked on water either, but you still believe it don't you? Believing those things is like believing Zeus or Odin actually existed, there's no evidence other than the myths associated with them. I try to understand the symbolism behind the story, you take it literally for some reason.

No disrespect friend.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Well there's nothing wrong with that ether.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Why does he have the face of a woman?

I don't get why all these old paintings depict men with such feminist features.
Hi I can't answer your question but I will add that I recently watched a documentary on tv don't remember the title sorry but it showed that the Mona Lisa was actually the painter as they did a layering over the face and they matched so maybe Leonardo was a woman or bisexual or even homosexual who knows but it was definitely him strange isn't it guess we'll never know

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
There’s no great mystery here.

John the Baptist was the head of the mystical order at the time of Jesus’ mission.

That’s why John baptized him

When John died Jesus likely took over leadership of the order of adepts

Or

Before John died Jesus may have started his own mystical order (the most likely scenario) and John the Baptists order had a different inheritor than Jesus.

One thing the OP has right somewhat.

John was the fist son of Mary

Leonardo DaVinci and other quasi masonic groups probably have found the occult stream of the original John the Baptist mystical order that goes back 2000 years

edit on 28-2-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This woman in those pictures likely is Mary Magdalene who represents the restored Goddess of the solar system or Mary the virgin restored the essence of the Jesus mythos

The Jesus mythos is about the restoration of the divine feminine

That's the real meaning of the Mary Magdalene
edit on 28-2-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Well that would include your constant comments on the bible, Jesus, John ect.

Your point being?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

ooops wrong thread reply button

- JC
edit on 5-9-2016 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The pointing seems to me to be, using both paintings at once is key to this interpretation:

As above, so below. As within, so without.

An old axiom popular in Egypt, Hermeticism and in the Gospels, especially Thomas but also in the Canonical Gospels.

I know John the Baptist is not the Holy Grail though or the Messiah because the followers of John the Baptist survive today and don't consider Christ a prophet but a false prophet and John the real prophet. But not divine just a Prophet.

Da Vinci may have been using the secret knowledge of the Templars who knew this and may have believed it himself.

You are probably close.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
You nailed it right! Now I will just add some hint for you to study since I am also doing researches about the holy grail, I just wanted to share some...Yes, jesus christ and john the baptist are ONE but duality; two sides of one coin, yin and yang, light and darkness, mirror image, gemini, etc. Without the other, one could not exist not they could destroy one of them. Aren't people wondering why the God of Judaism and Christianity can't get rid of the figure of Satan? Because they are both the two aspect of God!

Now going back to the celtic and new age traditions of "Oak King and the Holly King", both were two aspects of one entity being born annually to defeat one another but always reincarnating and indestructible to reign half of the year. The holly king is being born during the summer solstice while the oak king is being born during the winter solstice; both are pagan festivals which are now replaced by christians in the form of Christmas at winter solstice and St. John's eve at summer solstice. This figures were both archetype of God's duality.

Now for those wondering why Da Vinci painted John the Baptist/Bacchus with the face of a woman, it's because he knows the real image of God when he will become human...the perfect balance of a masculine body and the beauty of a feminine face mirroring the androgynous nature of God. Just look at how the ancients portray the angel's effiminate figures. Pretty obvious, the ancients know the true nature of God compared to the modern people. This is the mystery of God and his nature; he is both masculine and feminine, light and darkness, good and evil...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join