It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dover AFB recieves 5,000 new Body Bags

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
In our state of just under a million souls, its hard not to know someone connected in some way with DAFB (Dover Air Force Base). The military mortuary is actually a small part of the massive base operations. DAFB is home to the gargantuan Lockheed C-5 Galaxy Transport Fleet of MAC (Military Airlift Command). You could think of Dover as the hub of the United States military�s air freight operations. When it absolutely, positively has to get there to support our troops, the job falls to Dover.

Following the publication of my previous article on advance military orders from Halliburton, I heard from an old Dover friend. A friend who happens to be a die-hard lifelong Republican, but a friend who is truly worried about some subtle and secret happenings around the airbase in recent weeks, called me last night. �Everyone is really edgy,� he confided.
"In the months before the war, we knew it was coming. The morgue usually keeps a few hundred body bags on hand and in a matter of weeks we had received nearly 5,000. Now obviously we still have a lot of those, but then last week another shipment of at least that many more arrived. I was talking with some buddies and we figure the morgue is now stocked with enough materials to handle another 9/11 and all the causalities so far in Iraq, times two!"
When I asked my friend what he and others around the base thought that meant his response had a hint of incredulity.

�Well obviously somebody thinks we�re going to see a sharp rise in the number of bodies coming back. But that�s not everything. The whole base is ramping up like we�re either getting ready for a second war or we�re going to be deploying a whole lot more troops to Iraq.�

by Mark Crouch

Looking to the supply line ramp up, the body bag orders, the activation of old barracks at DAFB.....you can sympathize with the base worker that concluded:
"Mark, the draft is coming back. You can bank that.�

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well estimates say that we need between 70,000 and 120,000 in additional ground forces to secure Iraq. I am not sure what the remaing reserve force strength is in the US at the moment but I do not think we have that many active duty soliders remaing on US soil. I know there are several regiments that just got called back to duty. But to come up with an additional ground force of 100k they have to come from somewhere.

Kerry has made it evident that he wants more troops on the ground in Iraq and at the rate of the "volunteer" sign up I would have to say that if Kerry gets elected I bet you can count on a "draft" of some sort.

I think Bush's tactic is going to be to hit them with more firepower. We have already seen this as ground forces are no longer willing to "skirmish" with insurgents using small arms and have started to just call in 500lb to 1000lb bombs on them instead. You pound them into submission then begin the clean up work. You take more civillian casualties that way, but hopefully the normal citizens of Fallujah and other towns will wise up and put an end to the insurgency. They just dont seem to understand that if they would just stop fighting we would give them their country back and us leaving will come a lot faster. Then once we are gone they can do whatever they want. But instead they think terrorizing their own people will make us leave. ITS THEIR OWN CITIZENS THEY ARE HURTING THE MOST.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Kerry will have $17 Billion of Iraq reconstrction funds that have not been allocated. Billions to our allies companies, in the form of removing the cronyism to Halliburton/Bechtel/Global Crossing, will get us troops from them.
You think Team Bush will revere their stripes?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Why would they store the body bags at Dover, when the bodies are produced in Iraq, and then shipped to Dover? Do they pick up the body bags there when they drop off the bodies?

I sure don't think it would be a good idea to store the bags in Iraq, or for the media to have that information, because it would be moral killer, but why would they send them to Dover, for that very same reason?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
All I can say is these things are not right and people that are working in military bases like my husband can see it.

Just today when he came from work he told me that two more of the "marines office personnel" has been assign to Camp lejeune, this soldiers are "office" soldiers they are in retirement time with more than 20 + years they have never been in combat but they as any other marine received their arms training and qualifications yearly. Now they are going to take a crash curse in combat, and then they are going to Iraq.

Now the word around is that the marines are so short of troops that they are taking any able body to fill spaces.

Now, why is this happening? Well could it be that the death toll is more than we has been told in the recent weeks or that the government needs more troops to control the country for the elections in January.

Whatever they are doing they are not telling.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Win or lose Bush is still in control until the end of January.

Right now military operations in Iraq are on "hold" until after the election. There are plans for offensives in over 30 towns to "control" or "ready" them for the Iraqi elections in January.

Since Bush will still be calling the shots after Tuesday you can bet that military operations will go forward with no regard for the consequences (even if he wins since no third term is possible).

Perhaps that is why the military supply line ramp up is occuring now. Dark days ahead no matter who wins.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Win or lose Bush is still in control until the end of January.

True, but if Kerry wins, I wouldn't put it past Bush to make it very hard for Kerry to do better when he took office. Bush is the type of person that would make someone else look bad just to make himself look good. For the sake of posterity, it would still be in Bush's interest to inflame his supporters into a 'I told you so' campaign...

Either way, we're going to be seeing a lot of those 'Don't blame me, I voted for [insert idiot]' bumper stickers anyway.

[edit on 28-10-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I think Bush's tactic is going to be to hit them with more firepower. We have already seen this as ground forces are no longer willing to "skirmish" with insurgents using small arms and have started to just call in 500lb to 1000lb bombs on them instead. You pound them into submission then begin the clean up work. You take more civillian casualties that way, but hopefully the normal citizens of Fallujah and other towns will wise up and put an end to the insurgency. They just dont seem to understand that if they would just stop fighting we would give them their country back and us leaving will come a lot faster. Then once we are gone they can do whatever they want. But instead they think terrorizing their own people will make us leave. ITS THEIR OWN CITIZENS THEY ARE HURTING THE MOST.

But don't you see that is where the US goes wrong. Dropping a 1000lb bomb and killing civvys just drives more people to support the insurgents. That tactic has never worked.
If it did why not just nuke them.

top topics

join