It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US banks shaken by biggest deposit withdrawals since 9/11

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by nerdyclutzyblonde

I think that somebody knows their money isn't safe in the banks...

Exactly! This is a good thing people are starting to wise up...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I recently had to withdraw $6000 for a car and they tried to tell me they didn't have the funds!!

I looked at her and said you will give me $6k in cash or we will have some serious problems. I told her you are a bank and you HAVE money. I was amazed at how they tried to keep me from getting my own darn money! They wanted me to invest and open up multiple accounts. I told her I knew her game and wanted no part of it and I wanted my cash..

After about 20mins they gave it to me. I looked at her and said "was that so hard."

I had that cash for about 15mins then it went to the dealership where I bought my car!

Since when does a bank have the right to tell me I can't have my own money and that they don't have that much cash on hand. I mean please! i use to work for First Union, I know they have plenty of cash on hand!

I know a few other people who recently withdrew high dollar amounts and were told similar stories of "we don't have that much cash." It's like they don't want you to have CASH. They want everything electronic.

I prefer to have cash but then again if the dollar crashes the dollar won't be worth crap...

Sucks either way.

Every few months I go into Wells Fargo and withdraw $5000 to by silver with, and the bank acts like they don't have the money. They go crazy... calling managers, talking on the phone, etc... It's amazing to watch them panic over a small amount, well small relative to the deposits held at the bank.

If they don't keep even five or six thousand on hand, seems like a waste of time to be a bank robber!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

People are buying lots and lots of guns and ammo. I bet a good chunk of this money is for things like this. Right now it is almost impossible to find a good ar15 or .556 ammo.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

t agree....hubby woke up thanks to this thread and some other articles/souces..better late than never eh?
2nd

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Every few months I go into Wells Fargo and withdraw $5000 to by silver with, and the bank acts like they don't have the money. They go crazy... calling managers, talking on the phone, etc... It's amazing to watch them panic over a small amount, well small relative to the deposits held at the bank.

I have heard that large or numerous transfers of money land you on an FBI watch list. In wonder if the same thing happens when you withdraw large amounts of cash?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
use your money to buy guns and stock up on food while it still has value! gold has no real uses, and is only valuable as long as the market lasts.

i wouldn't trade 50 bullets for a pound of gold if the dollar collapsed.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

If it's a trend that keeps up then, yeah, it's a problem.

I won't try to speculate how great a problem it could turn out to be. That would be about as useful as the expert opinions noted in the RT article.
edit on 26-1-2013 by Kovenov because: typo corrected

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
the funny part is i used to trust the banks, up until like last year. now i when i get my check i just cash it at the bank it was drawn from. (boa) and everytime they ask me if i want to open an account, my response is america is in so much debt that i dont think the fdic will be able to back my money at this point anymore. they usually tell me im crazy. but if that was the case, why are so many people withdrawn from holding accounts at banks? and why did a bunch of foreign countires take their money/gold out of our banking system...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I had trouble the past few years buying and selling cars using cash. The banks will try everything to evade giving you thousands in cash. One buyer showed up with a cashiers check (after agreeing to only bring cash) saying how his bank told him they "didn't have" $10k in cash. He was cowed in to taking the cashiers check. What this does is create another opportunity for the bank to float and retain the money that much longer. It also maintains more of a paper trail for god knows what "know your customer" regs they have now.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Newagekid2012
Our economy is set to collapse sometime in march. When the citizens go rampant due to food needs martial law will be instated.

I dont see the need. America is all packaged up and wrapped as it is, why disrupt an operation going so smoothly?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
.007% that is allot to be shaken by, i guess that is if blemishing the color off one of the M&M's in your bag is of big concern, but my bet is you wouldn't even notice.

Please stop trying to sensationalize everything and then trying to think no one will even notice the absurd mathematical flaws of your statements please report something that isn't trying soooo hard to make me like it!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Does this apply to normal people that have a few grand in stocks and sold them?
edit on 26-1-2013 by smashdem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
this is a good sign.

people are waking up

thank you

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
....? People getting their tax returns and withdrawing some savings to buy bigger ticket items, like another car or something. I know three people doing that just this last week...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

All this means is somebody knows something is about to happen.

Too bad you can't see how much each person moved.

I would assume about 20-30% of that is from a smaller group of people who just happen to own a lot of money and therefore would be just the type of person to be informed about something should something ever occur.

That is just my initial thought though.

We won't know what it means fully until it happens. if anything.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerdyclutzyblonde

Financial analysts suggest it could be down to the Transaction Account Guarantee insurance program coming to an end on December 31 last year and clients moving their money that is no longer insured by the government.

Wait, I thought all money deposited into US Banks were covered under the FDIC? I know it's only up to $250k but still... So we are no longer covered? I'm confused.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I'M CONFUSED AGAIN

see if i can put this the right way....this being A.T.S. and a well of information,
i've read the thread and no-one seems to mention that these figures are released by
the BANKS...aren't they the ones creating spending trends by the manipulation of
information released???

i may just read this site too much

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
Everyone is getting out from under the FRN to avoid being crushed. Now is the time to buy precious metals before they sky-rocket and before the dollar goes up in smoke!

edit on 25-1-2013 by ajay59 because: (no reason given)

I thought that was last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the 20 years before those years...everything is pointing to a strengthening dollar, and the US economy outperforming all others in economic growth both current and projected. Sure, anything can happen, but there are no signs of a collapsing dollar at this point. Just people who don't understand how currency valuation works making up their own fiscal science.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

edit on 25-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

..but if the dollar collapses, what good is paper money?

Are domestic gold purchases up as well? Not on paper but real purchases.

No offense people, but if the dollar collapses, which it won't, gold would be worthless too.

If gold is priced at $1600 an ounce, and each of those dollars are worth nothing, gold would basically be worth nothing too, right?

I personally believe the dollar is by far the strongest currency I the world. After all, a countries economy is really based on it natural resources. The USA will be the largest producer of oil and natural gas by 2020. There will be no economic collapse here, it will actually be exactly the opposite.

We are yet to see the best and most prosperous year in the USA. IMO, they are right around the corner.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

edit on 25-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

..but if the dollar collapses, what good is paper money?

Are domestic gold purchases up as well? Not on paper but real purchases.

No offense people, but if the dollar collapses, which it won't, gold would be worthless too.

If gold is priced at $1600 an ounce, and each of those dollars are worth nothing, gold would basically be worth nothing too, right?

I personally believe the dollar is by far the strongest currency I the world. After all, a countries economy is really based on it natural resources. The USA will be the largest producer of oil and natural gas by 2020. There will be no economic collapse here, it will actually be exactly the opposite.

We are yet to see the best and most prosperous year in the USA. IMO, they are right around the corner.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join