It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: ABC May Have Withheld Portions of Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This is all I have so far. I apologize; but this is why I did not submit news. At least this can get started and others can help search to either clarify or debunk this. Here's the screen shot from Drudge, at 16:50 EST, 10/28/2004:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Bumping this. Can anyone find anything? CNN, Fox, Reuters, ITV, Sky, Debka, WRH, CBS, ABC, NEIN -- nothing.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hey they stole my idea on what they should do!

Markjaxson
This threat is a real source, the FBI and CIA have confirmed it, i understand why they havent decided wether to release this tape, but what they could do is release an edited tape as to not influence any voting, ie they could take the bit out about Pres. Bush and anything else that refers to the elections.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the best way for ABC to release this tape.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Good point; but wouldn't ABC have released the entire tape to the Feds and then edited the tape for public release? That's the issue here -- why would they withhold a segment of the tape and what was on that segment?

[EDIT]: Updated from Drudge:

A top goverment source said from Washington that ABC withheld the final 15 minutes of the tape from the CIA -- the portion of the tape where the man warns of retribution for Americans electing Bush and Cheney.

Maybe I ought to just merge my stuff into the ATSNN thread about this tape.

[edit on 10/28/2004 by titian]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Ouch, if this turns out to be true, ABC could be in hot water.

Hang on, how do they know there are 15 minutes missing exactly, and what was in those 15 minutes - if ABC didn't give them the full tape?

How could the CIA know?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangeroftheeast

Hang on, how do they know there are 15 minutes missing exactly, and what was in those 15 minutes - if ABC didn't give them the full tape?

How could the CIA know?

The tape was 75 mins long and i think the CIA would have got the full tape but ABC will only release 60 mins of the tape to the public.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson

How could the CIA know?

The tape was 75 mins long and i think the CIA would have got the full tape but ABC will only release 60 mins of the tape to the public.

Erm, haven't you read it?

A top goverment source said from Washington that ABC withheld the final 15 minutes of the tape from the CIA

[edit on 28-10-2004 by rangeroftheeast]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

How could the CIA know?

A top goverment source said from Washington that ABC withheld the final 15 minutes of the tape from the CIA

Errm havent you?....

A top goverment source said from Washington that ABC withheld the final 15 minutes of the tape from the CIA,Where the alleged terrorist warns about bush and cheney.

[edit on 28-10-2004 by markjaxson]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

How could the CIA know?

Errm havent you?....

A top goverment source said from Washington that ABC withheld the final 15 minutes of the tape from the CIA,Where the alleged terrorist warns about bush and cheney.

[edit on 28-10-2004 by markjaxson]

???? What? You tag on a line about whats in the tape, as if that actually changes anything?

You said "i think the CIA would have got the full tape but ABC will only release 60 mins of the tape to the public"

Drudge says:

ABC withheld the final 15 minutes of the tape from the CIA

Withheld FROM the CIA, not from the PUBLIC.

Could it be any clearer? lol.....

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I understand, i miss read it.

So did you...

Answer...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I understand, i miss read it.

So did you...

Answer...

I didn't misread anything.

ABC news had the tape first, they got it in Pakistan from an Al-Qaida source. ABC they gave it to the CIA to analyse. It hasn't been released to the public in any form.

What I was asking is why does a "top goverment source" know that there are 15 minutes missing and how come he knows what is in those 15 minutes if they were only given the editied version by ABC who still hold the original.

See what I'm saying now?

I understand how you read it in such a way that I was asking what is the those 15 minutes. It's a question of emphasis.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I see what your saying and apologize if i have misread your questions also.

You said how does the "top government source" know that theres 15 mins missing.

Chances are ABC news told them there is 15 mins being witheld, thats the only way of anyone knowing how long the video was, if ABC told them.

And your other question of emphasis has been attempted to be answered

Take Care.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
ABC is supposed to air the tape during its 6:30PM broadcast. So far they've talked about Bruce Springsteen and Kerry; and now they're talking about the missing explosives.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
ABC News Coverage

So far:

Opened with coverage of Kerry's campaign stops today - nice bias
Discussed missing explosives
Talked about Bush's campaign stops today
Talked about negative political advertising
Talked about FBI investigation into Haliburton's KBR unit

-- After break, tape coming up --

Sometimes I take brevity to an extreme but here goes:

ABC investigative unit spent several days analyzing tape. FBI and CIA can not authenticate the voice but it appears to be classic Al Quada work.

Similar to other tapes produce by Al Hadasah.

White individual, clean nails, eyeglasses, appears to have facial hair based on how his scarf moves when he speaks.

Nothing earth-shattering or different than what has already been discussed.

This is my last post on this thread unless something else happens. The ATSNN thread has a lot more discussion on it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join