11 Body Parts Defense Researchers Will Use to Track You: (the time of privacy is gone)

page: 1
5

log in

join

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Cell phones that can identify you by how you walk. Fingerprint scanners that work from 25 feet away. Radars that pick up your heartbeat from behind concrete walls. Algorithms that can tell identical twins apart. Eyebrows and earlobes that give you away. A new generation of technologies is emerging that can identify you by your physiology. And unlike the old crop of biometric systems, you don't need to be right up close to the scanner in order to be identified. If they work as advertised, they may be able to identify you without you ever knowing you've been spotted.

While the technologies proved helpful in verifying identities at entry points from Iraq to international airports, the hype -- or panic -- surrounding biometrics never quite panned out. Even after all that investment, scanners still aren't particularly good at finding a particular face in the crowd, for example; variable lighting conditions and angles (not to mention hats) continue to confound the systems. Eventually, the biometrics market -- and the government enthusiasm for it -- cooled off. The technological development has not. Corporate and academic labs are continuing to find new ways to ID people with more accuracy, and from further away.

Here are 11 projects.

The Ear

My, what noticeable ears you have. So noticeable in fact that researchers are exploring ways to detect the ears' features like they were fingerprints. In 2010, a group of British researchers used a process called "image ray transform" to shoot light rays at human ears, and then repeat an algorithm to draw an image of the tubular-shaped parts of the organ. The curved edges around the rim of the ear is a characteristic -- and most obvious -- example. Then, the researchers converted the images into a series of numbers marking the image as your own. Finally, it's just a matter of a machine scanning your ears again, and matching it up to what's already stored in the system, which the researchers were able to do accurately 99.6 percent of the time.

Odor
Heartbeat
Voice
The Iris
Periocular
Long-Range Fingerprint Scanners
Gait
Sweat
Advanced Face Recognition
Rapid DNA Testing

Source: www.wired.com...

Getting a tad scary out here... it is more and more... US against Them... Them being Our Government!

What are we to do? Go along? Isn't that what it is all about. Getting the masses to comply...? All under the guise of Your Safety and/or We know what is best for you!

I can't help but feel that the future of our country and world is becoming more like Terminator than anything else. The Rise of the Machines!

Of course most of us had heard on a lot of this stuff but now, they are going to the next level...




posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72
 


The Nazis would have loved to have the forced society we live in today.
We read in history books how people felt uncomfortable and scared, having to show papers everywhere, how people were told to tell about their neighbor whom did not act correctly. Sounds familiar....

Still, people accept that all that is happening now again... (of course not all people)
When it comes to surveillance and restrictions, we live in the "third reich 2.0" on steroids.
edit on 25-1-2013 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Genitals.

They forgot genitals.

No two can be exactly the same, can they?


Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
reply to post by anon72
 


The Nazis would have loved to have the forced society we live in today.
We read in history books how people felt uncomfortable and scared, having to show papers everywhere, how people were told to tell about their neighbor whom did not act correctly. Sounds familiar....

Still, people accept that all that is happening now again... (of course not all people)
When it comes to surveillance and restrictions, we live in the "third reich 2.0" on steroids.
edit on 25-1-2013 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)


The Nazis are here. They are easily traced even on Wiki.
edit on 25-1-2013 by MeritocracyNow because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MeritocracyNow
 


The TSA would be happy to check for you



posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
reply to post by MeritocracyNow
 


The TSA would be happy to check for you
I was thinking the same thing, but unfortunately unable to come up with a timely quip before you did



posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MeritocracyNow
 


Then we will share the glory from my(our) witty comment



posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Sometimes i think a world wide EMP could have a positive result in the long run. All these electronic gadgets that were supposed to make our life better have had the opposite effect.



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec
 


I have to say that I am with you anymore.

Time to flush the Global Toilet......



posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
Sometimes i think a world wide EMP could have a positive result in the long run. All these electronic gadgets that were supposed to make our life better have had the opposite effect.


Voila! Now you know the secret to politics...





new topics
top topics
 
5

log in

join