It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.N., huh, yeah, What is it good for? Absolutely nothing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I know this has been discussed before which is why I am putting it into the "Rant" forum. It has been bothering me for quite a while and I feel today, I must get some of the frustration off my chest.

I look around each day witnessing the actions of the Worlds Governments and what they are doing to the Worlds Population. The use of force by way of military actions to impress the ideals or desires of a select few has become the norm. I see so many people screaming about their Rights and Governments ignoring them(people) and working toward their(Rights) limitations. It is not just the United States mind you, but so many Countries all over the Globe. Although some stand out more than others, it just seems to be rampid everywhere to some degree or another.

I am always reminded, with each attack, be it on the Human Rights of the People or the People themselves, that the word of the Worlds Leaders means nothing. When We, the People of Earth, sign a document, it is considered legal and binding. It is our word that we agree to the terms of an agreement and if we break that word, whether or not it is directly due to our own actions or not, we are held accountable for this breach of said contract. This breach could result in loosing something we were working towards, forced incarceration, or financial loss. We are expected and forced to accept the consequences and therefore the downfall affixed to the breach but if this breach takes place on a Governmental level, We the People have little or no recourse. Not only that but we are to sit back and take it. Sometimes it is served with a spoon full of sugar and sometimes it is simply shoved through our digestive system until it finally comes out the other end and we forget about it.

I am specifically referring to a little document drafted by the UN(United Nations) some of you(if not most of you by now) know as The Universal Declaration of Human Rights which was signed by the following Countries...

Afghanistan, Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Burma, Canada, Chile, Republic of China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Egypt, Ethiopia, France, Guatemala, Haiti, India, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Liberia, Pakistan, Romania, Greece, Iceland, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Sweden, Syria, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, and Venezuela.
en.wikipedia.org...

Every single one of them, since signing it, have violated several, if not all, of the Rights prescribed within it. They have violated the Rights of their People, the Rights of other Countries People, or both. In fact the U.N. forces themselves are guilty of violating their own document/Declaration to one extent or another. Has it been dismissed? No, as you can see, It is still on the U.N.s website like they are so proud of a worthless document. It serves no purpose, but to make the gullible believe they have good intentions when in actuality they are not following very many of their own "Laws" and "Declarations" throughout its existence.

What recourse do We, the People, of Earth have? Who is responsible for enforcing these? Well we have the World Court system but it is turning into a joke as well. It serves no purpose but to Rant and Rave(kind of like a Rant forum). People and Countries have been found guilty for atrocities all over the Globe yet Countries simply harbor these criminals to one extent or another and no justice is found. The U.N. is attempting to become a One World Government that remains above its own laws and Declarations and I for one am sick and tired of the double standards placed upon the People of our Global Society.

If the Worlds Governments are exempt from contractual restriction, so too should the People of Earth. Should the U.N. be allowed to default, without repercussion, so too should the People of Earth. If the U.N. and Governments can keep their home(buildings) while in default, so too should the People of Earth. ETC. ETC. ETC.
I hear, all the time, that the debts of Nations are due to the People, but we all know this is not the case, in most instances, especially in the case of inflated salaries, over spending, hidden projects, etc. etc. etc. most of which are justified to the People as a necessity when, in fact, it is nothing more that paying People off in order to accelerate and agenda against the People of Earth.

I am sorry, but the double standards leading to the suffering of the People of Earth have pushed me to the point of rage and the only pseudo relief I have is to rant about it. If anyone has a plausible answer or course of action that can be instituted on behalf of the People of Earth you have my attention as it is time that We, the People, stood up for what is ours and to hold these thieves and general thugs accountable for their actions against the People of Earth.

[/rant]

edit on 25-1-2013 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

join