It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Obama be impeached for knowingly breaching the Constitution?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by NOTurTypical

He purged all right...badoom tsss! But seriously, I get that he lied under oath, but some have done way worst and didn't even get a slap on the wrist.

I know that's a fact. But I believe perjury is a serious crime. When ppl are put under oath we expect the truth to be told.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The problem(s) with impeachment over this particular issue are:

If the House of Representatives (R - dominant = not really likely) were to draw articles of impeachment for the offence...

And the Senate (D- dominant = not if he had a 13 year old hooker and coc aine in the oval office with video) were to agree to even try him for the offence...

One would have to prove that he intended to violate the oath with forethought and malice rather than making the appointments in good faith believing that he was within his authority.

Meaning he would have had to have to admit (as his correspondence is all excluded via executive privilege) under oath that he knew what he was doing was unconstitutional, in that he knew the recess of the Senate was not of sufficient duration to warrant a recess appointment, and that he did it anyway.

It's really hard to prove intent which is why these type people always act in a way that leaves them the plausible deniability route.

I think even if the Senate were R dominant (Which will happen again eventually.) they would not impeach him for this as it would set a bad precedent for their own shenanigans when they take hold of the office regarding recess appointments.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by K_OS
Obama Appointments Ruled Unconstitutional

Do to the fact that Obama taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School for twelve years, we know that he knowingly did something Unconstitutional.

It could be compared to a Professional Thief (burglar) becoming expert in Security Systems as a prerequisite (being able to defeat security systems). Just saying.....

edit on 25-1-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
that's is what the republicans have been looking for ever since obama got elected...impeachment. you can take a country to war, lying about the reason (bush), or you can sell missles to an embargoed iran and lie about it (reagan)....but have an affair and lie about it (clinton)...YOU'RE IMPEACHED!!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

"High Crimes (Treason) and Misdemeanors" should not be selectively enforced in the case of the highest office of the land (POTUS).

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

reply to post by K_OS

You can impeach a guy for getting head. Breaching the constitution...maybe not
I hope so.
edit on 25-1-2013 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

It would be an impeachable offense to lie to a Congressional commitee on
the subject. But if you've got a 182 IQ it's easy to play dumb.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

I don't think that was much of an effort for him.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

Four words. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!

Four more words. A WELL REGULATED MILITIA.

But, because for some idiotic reason, right wingers seem to think that those four words quoted above are the entirety of the US Constitution, let me do you all a favor and copy from the constitution how Impeachment works:

Article II Section 4 United States Constitution

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Article I Section 3 United States Constitution

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.

Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.

That's it, It's all up to the Senate to try all impeachments. Obama has to actually bribe someone, or commit some high crime or misdemeanor. He cannot be impeached for imaginary crimes against your personal ego.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

reply to post by K_OS

You can impeach a guy for getting head. Breaching the constitution...maybe not
I hope so.
edit on 25-1-2013 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

he lied to congress about getting "lewinskis" under oath.
edit on 1/25/2013 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

Is there much of a difference between lying under oath, and deliberately lying while swearing an oath?

I wouldn't have thought so.

If anything, considering his previous job, i would have thought it more serious to lie while in full knowledge of the Constitutional ramifications of that lie.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

With butt kissers like you who will likely dive under the bus for him, he probably does have no worries! If you had a lick of sense, you would be able to interpret the 2nd, but obviously that is too much of a challenge for you.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
If it can be proven that he purposely went against the Constitution, then yes he should be impeached. But we all know it won't happen. People would be too afraid to be harrassed and labeled 'racist' by the left wing and it's MSM lap dogs. Mob rule wins the day.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join