It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geico Canceling Insurance Because Customers Work In Firearms Industry

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
i can read through all that black ink lol.. anyways geico is crap yo I woul dnever use them in the first place, they screwed me over years ago when someone hit me and was their fault.

everyone should quit them and then they will get the msg.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

I'm laughing out loud at the irony. An insurance company refuses to insure someone who works for a gun company due to what ... ethics? An insurance company?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toromos
Here's the latest info from snopes.com

Snopes is 100% DISINFORMATION.

Snopes is heavily financed by George Soros...

That should tell you ALL you need to know.

A warning . . . apparently you CANNOT rely on Snopes. They may be part of the media that is working to suppress the truth or spreading disinformation. Snopes apparently never fact-checked and simply 'parroted' the propaganda and lies taken from government websites or spewed forth by ...

Snopes' Credibility Damaged

Snopes is a large part of the liberal propaganda machine ...

I have submitted several things to Snopes which I know to be true that Snopes claimed were bogus. Snopes is heavily financed by George Soros; a big time supporter of Obama! Yep you got it; Snopes Lied!

Snopes funded by Soros.. and people are still stupid enough to believe it

Is Snopes A Disinformation Operation?

For those of you that put your trust in Snopes...

Many of the emails that have been sent or forwarded that had any anti Obama in it were negated by Snopes. I thought that was odd. Check this out.

Snopes, Soros and the Supreme Court's Kagan. We-l-l-l-l now, I guess the time has come to check out Snopes! You don't suppose it might not be a good time to take a second look at some of the stuff that got kicked in the ditch by Snopes, do you?

We've known that it was owned by a lefty couple but hadn't known it to be financed by Soros!

Snopes is heavily financed by George Soros, a big time supporter of Obama! In our Search for the truth department, we find what I have suspected on many occasions.

LINK

So much for Snopes.com… another propaganda arm funded by George Soros and the Democratic Party!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Police given laser gun to trap speeders

The 4-pound, $3,700 unit was donated on Wednesday to the Sheriff's Department by the GEICO Insurance Co. "We must continue to target speeding violators," Sheriff Robert Comes said. "The gun will allow deputies to detect and arrest more violators."

articles.baltimoresun.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

no - the insurance is not being canncelled because the customer works in the firearms industry - its being canncelled because the customer is using the vehicle in a business capacity

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Originally posted by xedocodex

I thought the Right Wing loved capitalism?

Well...you reap what you sow.

What an asinine comment.

Obviously you don't know how capitalism works.

A company provides goods at a price.

Customer either accepts the price or goes somewhere else.

If the company does something the customer doesn't like then the customer goes somewhere else.
Capitalism doesn't force either the company or the customer to purchase a product or support a policy that either party disagrees with respectively(only government does that). Geico can pursue any such policy it deems appropriate for doing business and customers can refuse to do business with Geico in response.
edit on 25-1-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Precisely...so why did the OP article characterize GEICO cancelling a policy as ...

strong armed corruption

Or the recipient of the letter, whose policy was cancelled characterize it as this?

Is this the USA or Russia??? GEICO just cancelled my truck insurance because I make parts that are used in the firearms industry

www.snopes.com...

So if the NOW PROVEN FALSE claim is that GEICO was discriminating against gun-owners held true...then it seems that folks see that as "communist" and "corrupt".

While those same gun advocates loudly celebrated as "capitalism" a gun shop owner that bragged about not selling to "Obama supporters"???

Gun Shop Owner Banning Obama Supporters
www.abovetopsecret.com...

SO...whether or not a company selecting who it sells to based on idealogy appears to be "capitalism" or "communism" dependant on which side of the fence you sit on???

That DOES appear grossly hypocritical and intellectually dishonest, but sadly standard rhetoric.

Now...maybe folks can scroll back to Page 1 and read that letter again...recieved on Dec. 6th? Lower right hand corner? Before the Newtown shootings. And they see Snopes where Geico has issued a statement explaining the cancellation had nothing to do with idealogy, but rather the declared "use" of the truck insured and they plan on issuing the customer a new policy in keeping with the actual "use" of the truck.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by Toromos
Here's the latest info from snopes.com

Snopes is 100% DISINFORMATION.

Snopes is heavily financed by George Soros...

Ditto Factcheck? Despite being founded by a former member of Pres. Reagan's cabinet and fierce republican?

There is a practice of trying to discredit "fact-checkers"....Fact-Check, Politifact, now Snopes....by the right wing.

This is called "removing the referee"...if you can't win a fair fight, cheat...if the referee calls foul....take out the referee.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

If this policy was a personal auto policy it might only be being cancelled due to the vehicle being used in a commercial risk. Call some other companies up about getting a commerical policy quote and I'm sure they'd be happy to help you with that.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I would like to know more about this. I don't know why they specifically named the industry that he worked in, but I do know that basic liability insurance (what the vehicle was covered by) can be cancelled if the vehicle was used for business... Any business.

I know this because I had two work vans that were dropped for the same reason. I had them in my name and got basic liability insurance on them because the rates were much cheaper. When the insurance company found that they were business use vehicles I was dropped immediately. After shopping around I found that all car insurance companies work this way.

For the record my business has nothing to do with the weapons industry.;

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I wonder if in about a year they will beg to insure the people they dropped again after this retarded hype dies down....?

If and WHEN they do, we should boycott them. They should set up shop in another country if they are going to be pricks about it.

I hope they go out of business.....

edit on 30-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join