It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geico Canceling Insurance Because Customers Work In Firearms Industry

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
First Bank of America... now Geico. Not much more to say I guess. If you are pro-gun and bank with BoA or have insurance with GEICO, perhaps it is time to vote with your wallet.

Link to story

edit on 25-1-2013 by Rising Against because: Removed all caps title.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
If legit, screw those guys.

They have the right to serve whom they want, but it's just a douchey movie. So, if they're doing this, hope they go out of business.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

I don't know how to verify that it is real..

I already Hate that company, only for stupid mind numbing commercial attacks on my consciousness..
Flying pigs..

Is there anything else to this? And does the person who posted that know you can read the stuff that's "blacked out?"

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
lmao.. yet they still insure combat troops in the military .. guess their picky on the blood money they accept ..

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Geico = Government Employees Insurance Company.

I will make sure to inform everyone that I know who uses Geico, about their insurance company's anti-American, PRO-Traitor stance.

edit on 25-1-2013 by ResistTreason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Looks like I have even more reason to leave geico.

This time next month I'll be insured by USAA.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ResistTreason
Hmmm....

Little surprise here being that Geico stands for Government Employees Insurance Company.

I will make sure to inform everyone that I know who uses Geico, about their anti-American, PRO-Traitor stance.

Hmm... I didn't know that...

The Government Employees Insurance Company (GEICO /ˈɡaɪkoʊ/) is an auto insurance company. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway that as of 2007 provided coverage for more than 13 million motor vehicles owned by more than 11 million policy holders. GEICO writes private passenger automobile insurance in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia. Rather than relying on agents to sell policies, GEICO uses a direct-to-consumer sales model and puts funds saved from not paying agent commissions toward the purchase of television advertising, with several campaigns running simultaneously in national markets.

geico

wow, thank you...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
God I hate their commercials and progressives and well basically all insurance commercials that flood my tv about 2000 times a day.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Before anyone else jumps to conclusions...
There are always two sides to every story.

It's not impossible that this has something to do with the manner in which he used the vehicle, although his type of business was mentioned, is it?

Let me put it this way: How many people in the firearms industry thus far have claimed their insurance has also been cancelled for similar reasons?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

I don't know how to verify that it is real..

I already Hate that company, only for stupid mind numbing commercial attacks on my consciousness..
Flying pigs..

Is there anything else to this? And does the person who posted that know you can read the stuff that's "blacked out?"

I noticed that the blacked out areas can still be read. Anyway, I got this story off of the site silverdoctors.com

It seems that a regular at the site sent that picture to the owner of the site and he posted it. Being a regular at the site myself, I have no reason to think that this isn't real. The site is on the up and up, and the people on it seem to be honorable and reasonable.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Its easy, don't buy car insurance.

We shouldn't be paying for it anyway, simply on the grounds that we are forced.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LewsTherinThelamon

I've tried doing this, yet Maryland deems this as a jailable offense and I have to go to court for it soon.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It would be interesting to read the actual policy provisions - and the documented underwriting guidelines per internal company documents. This could be the basis for a class action if there are no policy provisions or exclusions or grants to cancel coverage based on underwriting guidelines. I'd be willing to bet there are no such documented guidelines and this action was taken by some management individual exercising discriminatory authority.

ganjoa

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I guess Geico has too much money? They dont want our business?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Not really that surprising. GEICO stands for government employee insurance company. A government owned company doing something like this during a time like this is sort of predictable what with the agenda being pushed.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I would really like to know is this is true or not and what the back story is on the whole thing.

If they are cancelling policies because of this and it can be verified I will drop them like a hot potato and never come back.

All this gun stuff is doing a great job at bringing the traitors out of the woodwork.

Thank you TrueAmerican for all your time you've spent making sure these idiots get exposure.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
How many members in the NRA? That alot of lost business. I wonder who the NRA banks with?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
reply to post by LewsTherinThelamon

I've tried doing this, yet Maryland deems this as a jailable offense and I have to go to court for it soon.

I believe it is also a jailable offense in Ohio as well. We need more people to reach a threshold.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Here's the latest info from snopes.com about the letter:

Snopes

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I looked at the link that shows the other companies they own or have minority stocks in. I have absolutely no business with BOA or Geico. I use Credit Unions and a local insurance agency. However I thought maybe I could help by boycotting some of their holdings only to find there were only 2 that I actually use at all. Then only slightly. I have been using the power of money against crazy corporations for years too bad other people are too weak minded to stick to their power of money decisions. When people stick together it really does make a difference. These companies arae only about making money when they don't they either cease to exist or change their ways. They are not money unto themselves but what we give them out of our pockets. To feed these monsters is our decision its time to put up or shut up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join