It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annoying songs that get stuck your head (and you pretend to not sing along to, much to your shame)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This thread is for your suffering (and secret dark hidden away happy joy place).

So, you walk through a room, or maybe channel surfing on the radio, and you hear only a few words...you keep turning, but suddenly your brain demands you stop and listen...its certainly not your favorite type of music..chances are you would deny ever even knowing the lyrics (flawlessly)..but if you change the channel, you know that damn song is going to be in your head all damn day long...so you listen..and if nobody is around, you may even mumble the words (or do a full concert in your car going 75 and looking away from any mirror)

Here are some songs that much to my desire to have it removed from earth...remains in my head should I hear it...may it haunt you also

Top 5 for me

5)
Surfin bird by The Trashman

Proof that not all old music is good..This is like a accident you can't look away from.
I will say this is a good song to play however if your playing a video game, veitnam simulation, hanging out a helicopter shooting...seems appropriate. (surely influenced by films)

4)
Barbie Girl by Aqua

Sadly, I have good memories to this song..Forever making me want to hear this, even a slight head bob
I would turn the channel, but when I do, sharp spikes of pain hit me until I turn it back and listen to it fully.

3)
To Brazil by Vengaboys

Another good memory (with a Brazilian). Sorry to the Brazilians about this horrible songs existence...but come on..you know you will be singing this later anyhow. Lalalalalalaaaaaa

2)
Tubthumping by Chumbawumba

The only song that made me want to be british..

1)
Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus

Ever had a song you truly hated so much, that it stuck in your head...and suddenly you are singing it almost ironically, then it wont leave..it wont leave!!!

WHY WONT IT LEAVE MY HEAD!!!

So, whats your top 5 torture devices for your brain?

edit on 25-1-2013 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
That damn "Call me Maybe" song. Please dont get me starte.......too late.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc4hire
That damn "Call me Maybe" song. Please dont get me starte.......too late.

heh, yes...luckily I purposefully chose to steer clear of that..or at least I did until some parody of some bearded guy in lingere on that cam thing singing it was sent to me...I don't even have fit pretty Olympic athletes singing it...just some bearded long haired guy...in lingere...wiggling and lip syncing...

GAH! Why did you mention that.

-calls therapist-

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Please.....make this song GO AWAY!!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You asked for it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I have had "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life" (Monty Python) stuck in my head for YEARS.

I whistle it, sing it, play it by tapping my teeth together and hum it.

Kinda cool but annoying after the 5642nd time.

Eric Idle sure knows how to write a tune.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Play this one for the kids to dance to....it's permanently stuck in my head.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
We call them ear worms in the UK
Anything from rocky horror.
May God forgive me Tiffany 'I think we're alone now'
Oddly Beethovens Ode to joy (doesn't annoy me I love it but that I sing like an angel ... Hells angel)
Britney Spears 'hit me baby one more time' Not sure if that's a wish or a fantasy
Hansons doo bop

Thanks for destroying my credibilaty in one post, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits

Oh jeez the wife just started to sing technicolour dream coat........................I'm in for a long night

Cheers mate

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

You little sod! You got me tapping my teeth again and I caught myself humming "it".

Aaaaaaaaaaalways look on the bright side of life..aah aah, aah aah aah aah aah aaaaaaaah

All togrether now...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

You little sod! You got me tapping my teeth again and I caught myself humming "it".

Aaaaaaaaaaalways look on the bright side of life..aah aah, aah aah aah aah aah aaaaaaaah

All togrether now...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

I'll swap you for Tiffany
Arrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Oh yeah, I have Monty Python to thank for this

"I cut down trees, I eat my lunch, I go to the lavatreeeee. On Wednesdays I go shopping and have buttered scones for tea".

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

You asked for it.

You realize for this one action of posting the video that should not be named, you will go to hell for eternally..and deservedly so!

how can one go on after seeing that...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Well geee, thanks, That's just what I needed.,,,,,
lol

I needed only to read the first couple of words in the thread title, in order for this particular cancer to come out of it's remission, and return into my mind.

As far as I know, it's not even a real song. It's just a very annoying commercial jingle for some sort of Gold Casters, or something like that. A "We want to buy your old gold jewelry" type of place.

"[color=FF42E0]Oh no. Oh no. Oh no you dit'unt.
Oh No. Oh No. Oh No you dit'unt [color=A3A3A3](no you didn't)
[color=FF42E0]Oh no. Oh no. Oh no you dit'unt.

brb. I'm not yet sure what, but I need to find something to break ASAP.

edit on 1/25/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I'd post my favorite Monty songs, but I'm sure "The Penis Song" and "every Sperm is Sacred" violates T&C

Oops.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by yeahright

I'd post my favorite Monty songs, but I'm sure "The Penis Song" and "every Sperm is Sacred" violates T&C

Oops.

Only if you lead in with the first and finish with the second.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Same here. Get the all the time. Coincidentally the Time Warp and Sweet Transsexual have been running through my head today.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
"[color=FF42E0]Oh no. Oh no. Oh no you dit'unt.
[color=FF42E0]Oh no. Oh no. Oh no you dit'unt.

Actually, this song is curiously awesome.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by cody599

Same here. Get the all the time. Coincidentally the Time Warp and Sweet Transsexual have been running through my head today.

This is the worst thread I, or anyone, has ever done. It should be locked in a box and tossed into an active volcano on mercury, then never spoken of again.

-got damn sweet-t going through my head now-

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Hey, awesome idea for a thread!

I am going to just go ahead and drop the 800 megaton mind-mangler. It has to be done.

Remember, at 3:33 tomorrow morning, when you wake up singing this song, you instigated this...

Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Suffah

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join