It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible agenda for gun grab - Speculation at best

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I was reading another poster regarding the Albuquerque raid and noticed the school was locked down. I started thinking of how close I was near a school and technically, 3 schools are within no more than 2 miles of me. What if it where contention that they make a law that would not allow any of the proposed banned weapons that would be grandfathered in (if any chance to get a ban in place) no where within, just say, a 10 miles radius of a school. That would be a huge portion of the people whom own these type of weapons falling into a this scenario.

It's mere conspiratorial, but I could absolutely see our government pulling something like this to force law abiding citizens the inconvenience of either moving or face the possibility of having the fed's confiscate your guns.

Throwing it out to get others perspective.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

Did a search turns out it is a lawen.wikipedia.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">en.wikipedia.org...

From Wikipedia:
The Gun-Free School Zones Act (GFSZA, codified at 18 U.S.C. § 922(q)) is a federal United States law that prohibits any individual from knowingly possessing a firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a "school zone" as defined by 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(25). Its formal title is the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 and is sometimes referred to as the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1995, possibly in reference to S. 890.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I believe that there is a 1000 ft from a school No Gun Policy in many jurisdictions. BUT 10 miles (even 5 mi) would nix out most urban and suburban gun owners (similar to a ''No Constitution Zone'' 100 miles from the Border).

new topics

join