It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your difficulty level in this life?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
How would you assess your difficulty level on a scale from 1 to 10? Do you feel your past lives (if you believe in past lives) were easier or harder? Also, do you think difficulty correlates with spiritual progress or is it a completely different thing?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mrkeen

Life was so much easier when I was a pineapple! I even enjoyed being a turtle more than being a human.

edit on 25-1-2013 by trysts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This has been extremely challenging. I am very grateful for my family that seemed to know the trials and that this would be overwhelming so prepared a safe childhood and watch over, as well as the constant experiences and knowing family has been watching over.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
up, up ,down, down, left, right ,left ,right, A, B

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero
up, up ,down, down, left, right ,left ,right, A, B

I would like to second this statement!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrkeen
How would you assess your difficulty level on a scale from 1 to 10? Do you feel your past lives (if you believe in past lives) were easier or harder? Also, do you think difficulty correlates with spiritual progress or is it a completely different thing?

It would be unfair to try to rate how difficult or easy a life has been on a scale from 1 to 10 as it is more complicated than that. Difficult in comparison to what or who? What an individual feels is a difficulty depends on that individual's perspective. Some might consider financial problems more difficult and others may consider personal relationships more difficult. Then there are those scraping for food and/or shelter who consider those most difficult. Then one must consider people who have disabilities or serious illness- that would be most difficult for some. There are too many variables to accurately answer such a question without delving into individual perspectives.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I like the ideas of past lives and reincarnation for spiritual ascension. Let's say it is true, then I think some lives may of been harder or easier than my life right now, but I think each of the lives has a purpose and lesson that will help the soul progress spiritually and will continue to do so until they ascend. I think it's important as human beings to experience all that we can, and therefore that may take more than one life to do so. Interesting topic

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It was in "Insane" mode until I woke up and realized I'm not the character but the actual BE-ing that is playing the game. And then it became ridiculously easy. Now I'm playing in "God-Mode".

(chuckle)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mrkeen

Life's difficulty levels are very relative of course.
Compared to most of my friends and family I'm living my life on a strong 7-8 due to my hard work.
These conditions are self imposed though, I take great pride in it and I wouldn't want it any other way.
Compared to the lifes of african child soldiers or chinese slave workers I'm living on level 1-2.

*eta: I forgot to address the reincarnation thing... I don't believe in it.
Why do you care though, may I ask?
edit on 25-1-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mrkeen

Hmm, lets see.

Age 5-8: 1/10

Age 8-12: 6/10

Age 12-19: 4/10

Age 19-23: 2/10

Age 23-26: 7/10

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Game Over... Reboot...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mrkeen

Perception, my friend.

I know folks who live in their cars, yet feel blessed and truly enjoy life. And I now folks with lots of money who are miserable.

Life, including its challenges, are what we make of it. Instead of bemoaning your current crisis...look beyond it. See the lesson you can learn, and tell yourself "it is...what it is."

Don't waste your energy in anger over your problems. It took me a long time to understand this, and to realize that in every situation, the one aspect I have absolute control of is my perception.

S&F

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

You must have screwed up big time to fall all the way back down to human.

OP.

Human life, is the easiest life. We make our own choices with every obstacle that comes our way, this is not so with some of the other stages of life on this earth.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrkeen

I can honestly say that this is the happiest I have ever been. I would give it right now a 9.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by trysts

You must have screwed up big time to fall all the way back down to human.

Hilarious!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Game Over... Reboot...

I second that statement!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Wow! Thanks everyone for your answers!! So interesting and insightful. I'd rate my life as probably 6/10 among those whom I know well, and 15/10 with respect to my own abilities. It's very challenging to me (in a personal way), but I like to learn new things and be able to feel wonder, amazement, and even shock sometimes. I think it's worth it!
I also agree that compared to many extremely poor or extremely ill people I must be somewhere at 1-2/10. That's why I wonder if such poor lives are for spiritual progress or punishment or I don't know what else it could be...

Originally posted by ColCurious
Why do you care though, may I ask?

Just curious. At certain moments in your life it's good to know how other people rate their experiences. And whether they value the complexity or prefer an easy ride

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc4hire

Just push the reset button, and reboot !

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mrkeen

I would say mine is about a 7 but then that's putting into thought that someone has it worse then I do and then well it's not that hard. As hard as it is. I mean everything I want leaves.

Everything I don't want swarms me. For example if I tell a "friend" he'll do the opposite.

If I tell them not to they will. It's one big jinx. But it makes sense as this is the physical plane which is the opposite for the aether. So I would say that in the next realm it will be all the opposite as it is here.

Whereby here I'm a slave in the next one I'am king.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
op

i have lived a difficult life if you look at my job problems. i would say a 8/10. i keep faith and think happy thoughts anyway.

i am just happy i was not born with a disability in this world. my heart goes out to those who have to live in this difficult world with a mental or physical disability. i am not going to put rose colored glasses on and say ; life is what you make it. this applies sometimes but not in all cases.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join