It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the God of Freemasonry?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I'm more Buddhist, but thanks for the information.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Who else? The Lord of Light. Heavenly Father. The Grand Architect of the Universe.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by resoe26
I see ANY freemason threads, I already know you're up in here setting folks straight.

What's up Augustus!?

Because my God, Samuel Adams (the Brewer, not the Patriot), said it is my obligation to remind the thirsty masses why they have no adult beverages.

edit on 25-1-2013 by AugustusMasonicus because: BEVERAGES 2:1 "Why has thou forsaken me beer, O Lord?" and the Lord replied, "Thou hast drank too long of the sweet tea and hath the palate of a child. Goeth now and tryeth a Zima or a Wine Cooler and returneth whenst thou has imbided of something other then Lipton." And networkdude drank the sissy drinks as the Lord commandeth and he was ill.
Gee Whizz you just made me Thirsty.

I don't know about your God, but my God(s), John Pemberton and Asa Griggs Candler (the Patriot, not the Brewer) said it is my duty to remind the masses why they have no adult beverages.

Beverages 2:2 "Why dont they sell Pepsi here?! The Lord replied: Because son, they only serve Pepsi in Hell!

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

I'm pretty sure it's been explained to you why we require a belief in a higher power.

How about you explain it to me anyway?

No. Just because our members are religious, it doesn't make us a religious establishment.

So even if the majority of your members are religious, that doesn't affect how you do things?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by KSigMason

I'm pretty sure it's been explained to you why we require a belief in a higher power.

How about you explain it to me anyway?

No. Just because our members are religious, it doesn't make us a religious establishment.

So even if the majority of your members are religious, that doesn't affect how you do things?

I'll explain. We require a belief in a Supreme Being because the obligations are "sealed", as it were, on the Volume of Sacred Law (most often The Bible, but it could be Koran, or whatever the "holy book" of the candidate's religion happens to be). Without a belief in a Supreme Being (God, Jehova, Allah, etc), that obligation would mean much less to the initiate.

Since Masonry is all about the spiritual journey of finding oneself and becoming a better man/husband/friend, I suppose that one could say that we conduct ourselves in a way that is encouraged in the Bible or other holy books - brotherly love, being kind and courteous, helping others where/when we can, obseving the 10 commandments, etc - but we don't conduct religious services or ceremonies.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Level_Head

It would behoove you to get an understanding of Freemasonry before you comment on it.

Is that so? Freemasons lead by example, is this not correct? And if the majority of Freemasons make an exhibit of their religion, does that not support the assumption the Freemasonry is, in part, a religious establishment?

I understand why you felt the need to make that remark. I would politely inform you, however, that Freemasonry still suffers from a surplus of superstitious rumor mongering that it has not taken to task. As such, my ignorance is not entirely my own fault.

What do you mean by " make an exhibit of their religion?" A Freemason is just like any other member of society. he may display or choose not to display his religion. If a Freemason is a religious man that does not make Freemasonry a religious organization. Likewise, if a Eagle scout is religious that does not make the Boy Scouts a religious organization. Your are correct, Freemasonry does have a surplus of superstitious rumors surrounding it, but it is not our job to dispel those myths. Most Freemasons have no clue about these rumors and superstitions. Others simply do not care to waste their time dispelling thee myths. I often recall a line from the 1st degree charge when I think about all the misinformation out there about freemasonry. That charge says "....neither are you to suffer your zeal for the instituton to lead you into argument with those who may ridicule or defame it."

We can only educate those on Freemasonry who actually want to listen. Most of these people don't want to hear the truth. They want fanciful stories and fantastical conspiracies. If you tell them the truth, they call you a liar or say you're not "high enough". Then when they talk to someone who is "high enough," they say " you wont tell me the truth because you are too high on the totem pole",What they don't realize is that there is no "high enough" and there is no "totem pole"
edit on 28-7-2013 by Level_Head because: added paaragaraph

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Well, the most obvious reason is that it's one of our 25 Ancient Landmarks, but I'm guessing you want to know why it's one of the Landmarks. Mainstream Masonry believes that no obligation would be considered binding without a belief in a Supreme Being.

Nope because we hold no one religion above another nor is religion allowed to be talked about in a tiled Lodge (just like politics).

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Amidst the many forms of ritual... there exist the "JAH-BUL-ON!"
Its pronounced: "You Bow In"...
This is the highest degree of expressed and venerated belief of a supreme being and as such... it invokes the wrath of those who cling to adept philosophies.
Knowledge is present in the ritual. To bow in is a sacred thing.
What a way to start the process of becoming better.
For Christians... it is suggested that Adam would trample the serpent and although the head of the serpent would be crushed... the heel of Adam would be bruised... so much so that he would feel pain and kneel.
he would stand on one knee before his mate. His pain would further cause him to bow his head. As she stood before him... his bowed head would rest upon her stomach and she would carress his head with her left hand whilst he was on his knee. Yay. He bowed to her.
She gave to him the knowledge of good and evil. But they were casted out lest they eat of the tree of respite and live forever. Ha. If you bow in.. make sure you do so to your obligation (woman)...
God will delight in it.
edit on 4-8-2013 by Pinocchio because: truly!?!

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Ironically... his hair would touch her stomach...

Hair is pronounced: Higher...
Stomach is pronounced: Is Too Much...

Go figure ............

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
GRAVE ACTS OF THE UNDERWORLD...

That is whom I struggle with each waking moment.
But along comes Freemason and thwarts him and chases away his minions. YAy!

The bully... the coward... the liar... the thief... the joker... the beggar... the drunkard.. the proud... the whore... and the traitor! They all get broken spirits.

Did gaotu send them??? NO!
I inspired them. Me.... helpless lil me.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I was under the impression that the freemason "god" was more along the line lines of "whatever god means to YOU." Which you see in a lot of spiritual sort of things these days.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LoveFurther

you are correct. Every mason must have a belief in a higher power, but masonry doesn't tell or teach who or what that is. It should already be understood before the candidate becomes a mason.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I still don't see how people can say Masons worship Baal, Lucifer, Baphomet and that other demon that starts with a j. I think it's pretty clear that they worship what ever god they believed in before they ever joined the Masons. I have to admit I didn't like the Masons before I joined this site, started to do real research, and read post by masons on this site.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by johnpreacher

resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Believing in a higher power is a necessity of the Masons. Not actually what most people refer to as their god.

God is a link connecting all that exists, it is more of a communication than a being. Everything is part of this link. The forces that bind everything and the forces that hold things apart are part of this energy. God is energy and energy likes to be busy.

Religions claiming god as their own is nothing but deceit, god is not owned by anyone. People are allowed to experience this link on their own, you do not need religion. By joining a religion, you get more reinforcement in a desired bond between the members of the religion. This narrow band of communication strengthens and a consciousness is shared between the individuals. This strengthening of the link makes us feel that we are not alone, it makes us feel that we have joined a group of our own kind. This link can cause energy to increase in us and we do not get sick, it is lack of energy that makes us unable to live and be healthy. Too much energy is also not good, we need to share this energy with people we care about, not those who prey on this energy and drain us of it. The social vampires exist, but technically they are not really vampires, just those who cause our energy to be lost, making them look superior because their energy is higher.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I have noticed that since reading a good amount of freemasonry related thread's there are a lot of attacks coming from members who only stay a few days and then leave or if the member does stay longer they never change their argument even after it's proved wrong. This seems to happen more on Freemason related topics then say 9/11, Isreal, and gun banning, I know these members aren't paid shills for the church or anti masons but they do seem to act like it at times haha.

Maybe this is just my opinion or I've spent way to much time here and need a long break haha.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join