It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the God of Freemasonry?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by HoneyBe

Reading comprehension needs a bit of work.
But the good news it the fantasy part of your mind is working exceptionally good.
Now be gone, or I will smite you.

Why thank you

I will go...because I do NOT want to rouse papa bear again and be stricken in my exceptionally good "fantasy" mind with a square and compass *shivers*

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

You would have a tough time understanding the dogma as I, the more you try to learn about the esoteric from indirect sources the more convoluted your concepts of "god" etc. become. So you have close to no hope understanding who the god of the Freemasons is, you would take what they consider him and overlay your own preconceptions you learned from misinform ants on top of it.

I am pretty sure it is the same god as the lord of the old testament. People will misconstrue who that god is though. All this esoteric stuff was meant to confuse unless you get the info straight from the source. Ignore the hate on the free-masons, that will only further put you in the dark.

I think there are multiple creative and sub-creative principles that are considered god, exoterically split up as gods. There is a lot of talk about a "grand architect" though, but I have read a book that says they mainly worship the same lord as the Hebrews did.
edit on 26-1-2013 by On7a7higher7plane because: addition

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I've read a bit on it it seems the main goal of many masons is just to better themselves to be worthy in sight of the "grand architect" of the universe. It's a long arduous process though, they stress this point immensely.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by On7a7higher7plane
So you have close to no hope understanding who the god of the Freemasons is, you would take what they consider him and overlay your own preconceptions you learned from misinform ants on top of it.

Slight problem with your sentiment. There are no lessons in Masonry on who God is, only that we should be humble to God.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by On7a7higher7plane

The beauty of all that "esoteric stuff" and Free will, is that you as a person, gets to decide which part or parts of the lessons you wish to buy into, and which you think aren't for you. It's just a shame that anyone has to start a discussion like this, but with all the confusion and outright lies, it becomes important.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Different theories. But I always thought their motto is that they're Christ, so they think they are. (and this is not to put down free masons, or the majority of them, but more some of them and not restricted to just free masonry either, for I think there are some white hats amongst them).

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
But I always thought their motto is that they're Christ, so they think they are.

You thought wrong. Where did you ever get that notion?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MeritocracyNow

Not true.

Ah yes, because that site is full of "facts".

reply to post by Skyfloating

Dork.

And yet you have the audacity to tell us about the "top" without ever having been there yourself. You read second hand information and all of them lies.

Freemasonry isn't about destruction.

You keep quoting this site as if its credible. It's not. It's just another cog in Fear Inc. spreading lies about something they know nothing about.

reply to post by On7a7higher7plane

Talk about arrogant. Hey, maybe next, you'll come tell me how to do my job and show me how I don't really know how to operate my aircraft.

No man can define who another man worships. The relationship between God and the follower is a private relationship.

reply to post by Unity_99

We do not think we are Christ.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

And yet you have the audacity to tell us about the "top" without ever having been there yourself.

I don't have to. By their fruits you will recognize them.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

By your fruits, can I then call you a liar for posting false information?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I don't have to. By their fruits you will recognize them.

By 'their' you mean who exactly? These fictional 'high-level' Masons? They don't exist, unless you are referring to Master Masons, which is the highest degree in Freemasonry, awarded in the Blue Lodge...

Scottish, York, and additional rites, are just that, additional which could be synonymous with supplementary, in this context. Supplementary, does not mean 'higher', sorry....

For instance, planes and cars are additional or supplementary, forms of travel.....If I'm flying in a plane, while you are driving a car, or walking, does that make me better than you? No; I'm just traveling differently...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
If I'm flying in a plane, while you are driving a car, or walking, does that make me better than you? No; I'm just traveling differently...

Or my favorite analogy, if I am drinking a delicious pilsner and someone who will remain unnamed (networkdude) is drinking tea does that make me better than him?

Hell, yes.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I can't believe I didn't think of that one

Pretty good analogy if ya, ask me; be prepared for it to go unnoticed though...Most don't seem to grasp that life can always be better understood, and truths revealed, by the great usage of analogies...

Every thinking man, whether he be of materialistic bent of mind, or mystical or scientific, must realize that because nature proceeds in an orderly manner, its courses can be subjected to categories of logical thinking, if indeed we know those facts of nature. Hence, provided that our method of thinking be based on the established facts of being, there can be no conflict between truth on the one hand and our formulation of truth on the other hand. Theosophy is such a formulation of truth, an aggregate of doctrines dealing with the fundamentals of the cosmos. It is not a new system; it is as old as the ages. If you look back into the literatures of historical periods, you will find it there; and you will recognize also that, in other parts of the world, among nations of men whose literatures have not reached us, there must have been the same method of thinking, the same aspirations towards a universal truth, the same human mentality reducing the facts of being to logical formulation.

It would be an extraordinary fact, inexplicable indeed, if we could imagine a human mind or a body of men, who could think of something which no one had ever thought of before, and thus as being out of the cosmic life and procedure. "There is nothing new under the sun," a wise old Hebrew is reported to have said; and our instinct tells us that that old saying is true. Nature moves in cycles, and as these cycles run their rounds, nations and men rise, reach their maturity, give forth the flowers of their civilizations; and then, as the wheel of time whirls on in its unceasing course, they in turn fall, to give place to men of newer blood who in turn develop their own systems of thought -- originating them, as they falsely think, but in reality only stating again, albeit in the manner of their own racial genius, the same old truths that had been known in former ages. Yet it is true enough that if we take the larger view of destiny and time, we find that there is a gradual enlargement of what was known in the past: what was the child of the mind and spirit and heart of those who lived in ages long gone by.

Thus we see that the human intelligence operating through the ages, because based fundamentally on cosmic factors, must function or operate analogically. What was regarded as a truth in former ages as based on natural fact, will be recognized on analogical or similar principles in a later age; because the fact remains that while human intelligence advances progressively to higher levels of understanding, such development is always on analogical lines based on the cosmic structure. For the universal organism operates as a consistent whole, and therefore one general pattern of action is discernible in all its parts throughout the entire cycle of manifested life.

Analogy, the much-abused but powerful instrument of human thinking, is now recognized as one of the master keys opening nature's portals. One general law and one common system of manifestation rule throughout the universe, and in this fact lies the meaning of that wonderful Hermetic axiom: "As it is above, so is it below; as it is below, so is it above." Or, expressed more fully: As things are above so are they in all intermediate spheres, and below. And as they are here below, or underneath us in planes still more material than ours, so are they above us in planes vastly more spiritual. This does not imply identities in any collection of cases, but states the operation of uniform action in what we call nature; and any such uniform action, consistent always and continuous, having a beginning and proceeding to its cyclic end, we call a "law of nature."

You know that the old Egyptians had some very wonderful books, very few of which have come down to us except by allusion and by quotation, mostly to be found in the Greek and Latin classics. The foremost among these were called the Books of Thoth; and the old Greeks translated the name of this Egyptian god Thoth by using the name of one of their gods, Hermes, the Interpreter, and thence called these books the Hermetic writings -- unquestionably with some well-defined suggestion of their being interpretative of hid mysteries.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I can't believe I didn't think of that one

Pretty good analogy if ya, ask me; be prepared for it to go unnoticed though...Most don't seem to grasp that life can always be better understood, and truths revealed, by the great usage of analogies...

Every thinking man, whether he be of materialistic bent of mind, or mystical or scientific, must realize that because nature proceeds in an orderly manner, its courses can be subjected to categories of logical thinking, if indeed we know those facts of nature. Hence, provided that our method of thinking be based on the established facts of being, there can be no conflict between truth on the one hand and our formulation of truth on the other hand. Theosophy is such a formulation of truth, an aggregate of doctrines dealing with the fundamentals of the cosmos. It is not a new system; it is as old as the ages. If you look back into the literatures of historical periods, you will find it there; and you will recognize also that, in other parts of the world, among nations of men whose literatures have not reached us, there must have been the same method of thinking, the same aspirations towards a universal truth, the same human mentality reducing the facts of being to logical formulation.

It would be an extraordinary fact, inexplicable indeed, if we could imagine a human mind or a body of men, who could think of something which no one had ever thought of before, and thus as being out of the cosmic life and procedure. "There is nothing new under the sun," a wise old Hebrew is reported to have said; and our instinct tells us that that old saying is true. Nature moves in cycles, and as these cycles run their rounds, nations and men rise, reach their maturity, give forth the flowers of their civilizations; and then, as the wheel of time whirls on in its unceasing course, they in turn fall, to give place to men of newer blood who in turn develop their own systems of thought -- originating them, as they falsely think, but in reality only stating again, albeit in the manner of their own racial genius, the same old truths that had been known in former ages. Yet it is true enough that if we take the larger view of destiny and time, we find that there is a gradual enlargement of what was known in the past: what was the child of the mind and spirit and heart of those who lived in ages long gone by.

Thus we see that the human intelligence operating through the ages, because based fundamentally on cosmic factors, must function or operate analogically. What was regarded as a truth in former ages as based on natural fact, will be recognized on analogical or similar principles in a later age; because the fact remains that while human intelligence advances progressively to higher levels of understanding, such development is always on analogical lines based on the cosmic structure. For the universal organism operates as a consistent whole, and therefore one general pattern of action is discernible in all its parts throughout the entire cycle of manifested life.

Analogy, the much-abused but powerful instrument of human thinking, is now recognized as one of the master keys opening nature's portals. One general law and one common system of manifestation rule throughout the universe, and in this fact lies the meaning of that wonderful Hermetic axiom: "As it is above, so is it below; as it is below, so is it above." Or, expressed more fully: As things are above so are they in all intermediate spheres, and below. And as they are here below, or underneath us in planes still more material than ours, so are they above us in planes vastly more spiritual. This does not imply identities in any collection of cases, but states the operation of uniform action in what we call nature; and any such uniform action, consistent always and continuous, having a beginning and proceeding to its cyclic end, we call a "law of nature."

You know that the old Egyptians had some very wonderful books, very few of which have come down to us except by allusion and by quotation, mostly to be found in the Greek and Latin classics. The foremost among these were called the Books of Thoth; and the old Greeks translated the name of this Egyptian god Thoth by using the name of one of their gods, Hermes, the Interpreter, and thence called these books the Hermetic writings -- unquestionably with some well-defined suggestion of their being interpretative of hid mysteries.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeritocracyNow

Really?

Source please?

And what would be their motive, exactly?

I was just kidding. There is no such organization.

However, I was not kidding about not reading Illuminati-News because the whole conspiracy-illuminati-tptb thing is one of the worst falsehoods around. Im interested in reality, truth, facts, experiential knowledge, applicable knowledge.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

because the whole conspiracy-illuminati-tptb thing is one of the worst falsehoods around.

I think that is the one place I will differ with you guys at.....I'm not saying it's Satan; but I wouldn't go so far to deny that a collective group of 'bad guys' who are out for themselves exists, and that might potentially want to harm everyone else outside of their little 'clique'. People in power have sadly tended to abuse that power.

Read some of my medical stuff; either the people who perpetuate these disasters are completely ignorant of what they are doing, or they have some sort of ulterior motive....

Fluoride, GMO's, and a plethora of other things, sadly are not figments of our imagination, and I surely had nothing to do with them....

So who did? Why were all American presidents save one (Martin Van Buren), descendants of King John Lackland, who signed the Treaty of 1213? Coincidence doesn't exist... That's how I knew way back in 2011 that the Presidential elections would be down to Mitt Romney and Obama; they are both related to KJL, while none of the others were...
edit on 26-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

As a matter of fact, you should probably look to this very same group of people I am talking about, as to where all of the disinformation comes from regarding Freemasonry..

In my opinion, and just my opinion, they don't want people joining Freemasonry, or any other esoteric societies. They want the world locked into their current control mechanism of "Christianity is absolute, and everyone else is demon worshipers.", so that there is no expansion of consciousness or room for growth...

This would also explain the fluoride, and a few other things...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Good and Bad people exist, no doubt about it...

But who is to say the worst bad people wouldn't tend to team up, and be out for themselves?

After all, look at gangs, cartels, and the Mafia.....

Now think about it in terms of a more global scheme...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
But who is to say the worst bad people wouldn't tend to team up, and be out for themselves?

After all, look at gangs, cartels, and the Mafia.....

And there is a plethora of gang-only violence. When did one of the Rothschilds shoot a Rockefeller?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

When did one of the Rothschilds shoot a Rockefeller?

Same 'gang'....The haves vs. have not's (us) in general.

We are considered the rival gang to them..

Again, this is just my opinion from the medical research that I have done; it would be rash and illogical of me to think that the very same corruption doesn't exist in other aspects of life, and wonder who is behind that corruption.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join