It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the God of Freemasonry?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Depends what degree you're in.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I think you are confusing Freemasonry with the Mystery Schools. There are many things in the Hermetic teachings that deal with self improvement and have nothing to do with God or a Deity, but freemasonry as a fraternity is centered around Biblical teachings and God. Seriously, if you know of something that proves this wrong, please share it. I have not heard of this thinking in freemasonry.

We as a fraternity evolved from Operative masons who's main purpose for secrecy was to guard their "magic" which happened to be Algebra. But once it became a philosophical group, it's teachings have remained very much the same. Again, from what I have learned.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeritocracyNow

Said no Freemason ever.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It's referred to as the Grand Architect. Meaning the engineer who created all this. People misunderstand it because they believe anything that is not church and is more secretive is satan. Not realizing that church is more satan then previously thought. For example idol worship. Don't Christians worship an idol? What about witch craft? Well science is witch craft. Your taking energy from the aether using it to manipulate the physical. Every time you use energy from an energy source you are performing a ritual. Therefore this is the realm of satan!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by XsweetNspiceyX

GD I love you!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by XsweetNspiceyX

Prayer is witchcraft. Communion is witchcraft. Hymnals are witchcraft. Everything the church holds specific to its religion is witchcraft.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I think you are confusing Freemasonry with the Mystery Schools.

Why can they not be one in the same though? Freemasonry, the offspring of Mystery School.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Many of the early Freemasons did indeed worship the Christian God. Not all, but many did.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

No thoughts, on the Perennial Philosophy?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by resoe26
I see ANY freemason threads, I already know you're up in here setting folks straight.

What's up Augustus!?

Because my God, Samuel Adams (the Brewer, not the Patriot), said it is my obligation to remind the thirsty masses why they have no adult beverages.

Sorry you praise a false god. Aldo of Old Credit is the one true God

Fitz

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

Nah; Apollo and Mercury are pretty equal in my eyes

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Who is Jahbalon?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Speculative freemasonry was based on the concept of deism, ie. if a god exists it's non-interventionary.

And as such, diesm is deliberately very loose, so loose in fact that use of the word 'god' becomes semantic, and interchangeable with 'science .
edit on 25-1-2013 by 1nquisitive because: typo

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun
Who is Jahbalon?

It's allegorical, not literal.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I know this may seem very off-topic....But I just had two very, different, and altogether incredible dreams....Both of which I would like a Masonic perspective on....I will edit this post with the link, but I wanted to make sure the Brethren saw this.....You will later see why I would hope...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please, there is an element, or aspect, very....connected and full of symbolism to Masonry...I feel....different upon awakening from them...Like what I learned in the dreams, has changed me...
edit on 25-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Explanation: I am not a mason ok.

The issue boils down to the fact that the masons do not require one to associate any kind of PERSONALITY to God ... it is just a case of believing in the 'state of being' of God ... which is indeed omnipresent.

The arguments seem to only arise when the personality is discussed and disagreed upon!

Personal Disclosure: I hope this helps and if I am wrong in my assessment please educate me kindly ok!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Essentially.

They way I like to put it is: when I pray in lodge, it is a personal prayer from me to the god of my faith. The brother standing next to me is just as solemnly praying to the god of his faith. Nobody is saying they're the same god. Nobody is saying they're different gods. Who are we, mere mortals, to know the true nature of God? So we agree to stand side by side, working together in harmony for the good of mankind, and not bicker about what to call God.

Put another way, I'm secure enough in my faith that I can pray in the same room with men of different faiths. My God isn't going to smite me for bowing my head alongside a Muslim or a Jew. Their prayers are their own, and their fate is their own. And hey, maybe I am wrong? But nobody will know for sure until we're dead anyway, so why sweat it?
edit on 2013.1.26 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Explanation: St*rred!

Thank you very much for the confirmation of my claim!

Personal Disclosure: However I disgaree that a mere mortal can not know the real nature of God ... but that is another thread on philosophy and not masonry so I won't bite on that biscuit here and now!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

We as a fraternity evolved from Operative masons who's main purpose for secrecy was to guard their "magic" which happened to be Algebra.

Or was it Geometry?

en.wikipedia.org...

Euclid (pron.: /ˈjuːklɪd/ ewk-lid; Ancient Greek: Εὐκλείδης Eukleidēs), fl. 300 BC, also known as Euclid of Alexandria, was a Greek mathematician, often referred to as the "Father of Geometry". He was active in Alexandria during the reign of Ptolemy I (323–283 BC). His Elements is one of the most influential works in the history of mathematics, serving as the main textbook for teaching mathematics (especially geometry) from the time of its publication until the late 19th or early 20th century.[1][2][3] In the Elements, Euclid deduced the principles of what is now called Euclidean geometry from a small set of axioms. Euclid also wrote works on perspective, conic sections, spherical geometry, number theory and rigor.

It is further believed that Euclid may have studied at Plato's Academy in Athens.

That last bit, is more interesting when you take into consideration the information Plato was prone to

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by MeritocracyNow

Said no Freemason ever.

I beg to differ

www.illuminati-news.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join