It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War 2 was the Apocalypse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
What if all the doom sayers forecasting the end of the world are wrong? What if the biblical apocalypse has already occurred, in terms of the World Wars? They are quite apocalyptic in nature. Hitler would indeed fulfill the role of the Antichrist, and you've got your pick of hundreds of figures who could be the Beast, and the whore of babylon, and etcetera,
You've got the fall of Jericho, what with Japan representing Jericho, a city that would not fall, then the horn is blown, what with Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

That would certainly cast the last sixty years in a different light, if it had already crescendoed, and modern society was just building towards nothing much.
I am not done here yet. What is your opinion?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It was the precursor, a warning. Who was the Anti-Christ? Hitler? He died at human hands. Where was the Second Coming. WW2 was to The Apocalypse what John the Baptist was to Jesus Christ (Yeshua ben Joseph).

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The problem in that logic is that while the Bible is MADDENINGLY symbolic and cagey, it's not that vague in what it says will come and how it shall come to pass.

World War II had virtually nothing at all to compare to Revelations, let alone the countless references throughout the Scriptures for what would proceed it and in what order events would come. Today, as we stand now, much of that has come to pass if one reads it that way ....but Israel didn't even exist yet and that was an absolute requirement as order of events would seem to dictate in signs.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Perhaps the second coming was more of an inspirational thing. Or he kept his identity unknown, but still guided and helped people.
And there were skirmishes in the middle east. The events involved people of Israeli ancestors. And I've always had a problem with modern Israel. Modern Israel =/= Biblical Israel.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
do you actually know the Armageddon/Second Coming scenario or are you just tossing out random ideas that conform to your thinking? how would Christ defeat the Beast without ever revealing himself? what about the destruction of Jerusalem, followed by the resurrection of New Jerusalem? What about Christ and the angels ruling for a thousand years? Whore of Babylon? anything you read about the Second Coming and Armageddon makes it abundantly clear that this stuff would be impossible to miss, and there would be no room to question or doubt if you're a believer. you're leaving out God only knows how many aspects and parts of virtually any 'end of times' scenario thats religious based, picking one or two possibilities, and trying to run with them. failed right out of the starting gate. i mean really, you're saying the nukes were the horns being blown on a city (except not a city its an entire country that had already been invaded on Okinawa and got the crap kicked out of it and lost territory)? nukes = horn? how? i contend that the nukes are actually violins. I don't recall seeing anything about a violin anywhere in any doomsday/Second Coming/Armageddon scenario.
edit on 25-1-2013 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamrock6

You've got to remember that those books are written thousands of years ago, and shrouded with apocrypha and cryptic symbolism. And I'd appreciate if you'd mind your manners and keep an open mind.

We've always had minor skirmishes like what occur now. The war was an event that is unrivalled. Now, is it the "According to Hoyle" version of the apocalypse everyone expects? No. But I don't think that the apocalypse is literally Jesus coming down in robes and such.

There are many ways of being.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Here's my thinking. With WWII, there were large sections of the world that were relatively isolated from bloodshed. This will not be so with the apocalypse. It will touch every corner of the earth in a very violent way.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jburg6

The war was fought upon nearly every continent. Even Antarctica, however, that bit is up for debate. New Swabenland and such.

This pretty much touched every single major power. If you have a more widespread war, I'd like to hear about it.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Heres a good question for you OP: The Bible says that after armageddon there will be 1000 years of peace. If you think WWII was the apocalypse then where are the thousand years of peace?

Although it did last about 7 years. (1939-1945)

1939,1940,1941,1942, 1943,1944,1945....7 years

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

As bad as WW2 was, I can't see it being the Apocalypse. It doesn't add up with anything and that includes the fact the final battle occurs in the Middle East if we go off the bible..

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It's broad strokes. They didn't have any way of knowing what the modern geopolitical arrangement would be like, so they didn't get it right, but they were trying at least. There are definite similarities, and comparisons to be made.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
OP I think you are trying too hard here. As others have pointed out where is the 1000 years of peace? Heck American went back to war 10 or so years later in Korea then again in Vietnam and so on and so forth. If we are in the midst of a 1000 years of peace, why do we need this giant fear campaign against terrorism?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Those are the normal wars, mankind's petty evils. Nothing like the Holocaust, or the atrocities of Unit 731, and all the other in depth nightmares and abominations of that war to end all wars.

top topics

join