It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expert warning: Resistance to antibiotics to be apocalyptic

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Yet another problem that can be solved by activating our dormant collective psychic ability. Psychic healing is very effective. Especially with the wieght of our collective minds behind it.

Activating it would be no problem except for the fact that the dominant paradigm is materialistic.

Oh well. I guess the important thing is that materialists don't have to endure the discomfort and embarrassment of a paradigm shift.

edit on 25-1-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
get to know herbs
like yarrow

5 thousand years of use before antibiotics
it must have somthing going for it

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
Yet another problem that can be solved by activating our dormant collective psychic ability. Psychic healing is very effective. Especially with the wieght of our collective minds behind it.

Activating it would be no problem except for the fact that the dominant paradigm is materialistic.

Oh well. I guess the important thing is that materialists don't have to endure the discomfort and embarrassment of a paradigm shift.

There is no evidence that wishing you get well helps you get well. At all. People make monies off selling these foolish notions to chumps in books, videos, and website subscriptions, but the data clearly shows that you it matters not if you're an optimist, pessimist, atheist, or "spiritual" individual.

Please take your bologna paradigm where evidence isn't needed.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Oh, you couldn't be more wrong. Not that it matters. What matters is that the goats can go to the apocalypse convinced they are right and muttering their 'there is no evidence' mantra.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

But you need at the very least evidence if not proof.
There aren't even studies that "suggests" can cure.

Sure it can help, but it cannot cure.

My father's eyes were going bad, just in the last two months he got laser eye surgery, and he can see well now.
He's very elderly, he could not get that with simply happy thoughts.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Here's a recent IBM breakthrough that may be the solution.

Blowing up superbugs: IBM reveals nanotech gel that can 'explode' cells

Firm says breakthrough could replace antibiotics

'Hydrogel' could be used for creams, coating for medical instruments and injections into infections wounds

It can disrupt the membrane of bacterial cells, causing them to 'explode'

Antibiotics cannot penetrate the bacteria in a way that the anti-microbial gel can and IBM says its development has significant implications for the eradication of hospital superbugs.

'This new technology is appearing at a crucial time as traditional chemical and biological techniques for dealing with drug-resistant bacteria and infectious diseases are increasingly problematic.'

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Spend a few years studying the massive body of parapsychological literature and you'll be singing a different tune.

No one does that though, they figure if there was anything to it then their friendly neighborhood scientist would have told them.

Nope... that misplaced trust in mainstream science might doom us all.

Never drink from the mainstream.

". . . members of the scientific community often judge the parapsychological claims without firsthand knowledge of the experimental evidence. Very few of the scientific critics have examined even one of the many experimental reports on psychic phenomena. Even fewer, if any, have examined the bulk of the parapsychological literature.... Consequently, parapsychologists have justification for their complaint that the scientific community is dismissing their claims without a fair hearing. . . ." -Ray Hyman

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Antibiotics do not a thing for me!
I stick to natural remedies! For instance- I've been to the dr three times about an ear infection and he prescribed me three different types of antibiotics for treatment. Nothing worked and it just got worse and worse. Then I read about using tea tree oil and voila! My ear infection was gone within days!

We need to start using more natural treatments, but in saying that I'm not too sure if anything natural can help with gonorrhoea lol!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I blame jesus.
And his old man too.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

5 thousand years of use before antibiotics

Yea, before antibiotics they just used Yarrow... jeez... People died of tooth abscesses and simple cuts for Christ sake. Antibiotics are miracles of the modern age. Imagine gall bladder surgery without antibiotics afterwords. Your chances of survival just got a whole lot slimmer. Anytime you are opened up for surgery it would be a crap shoot as to whether you got a secondary infection. A lot of people will simply die. Essential oils and yarrow wont solve that. If it did, the good Doctor wouldn't be talking like this hmm?

V

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Honey, if pure, has been an effective antibiotic, antiviral, and antifungal agent.

It is a common misconception that all ancient societies lacked medicine. Look up your Greeks, they usually lived longer than most of us unless it was war or murder or accident. Just like now.

The Egyptians or some ancient American cultures had skilled surgeons, dentists, etc

Hippocrates even wrote about honey and its well known applications, and whose oath do modern doctors take?

Go research the topic. Stop believing the fiction of amnesia.
Learn the truth.
Many hospitals have access to products like Medihoney etc.

Historically it was a difficult to acquire commodity, and so it is today but in a whole new way.
Just recently they released warnings from the FDA claiming many honey products were severely diluted with sugar and or corn syrup.

I wont knock on pvk or the other antibiotic agents, they all have uses and should be available.
edit on 25-1-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
They appear to be saying the bacteria are becoming tolerant to the various antibiotics, not ourselves. I have used antibiotics effectively a number of times but have never used even a small percentage of those produced. Regardless of what we do or use ourselves it seems the industry has created new super-germs. Is this by design, I have to wonder? It is not like anyone really wants to cause a mass human die-off, do they?

It must all be our own fault for this predicament.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Actually there has been. Here you go, some evidence from the Mayo Clinic and John Hopkins.

Hope it helps
Mindfulness Meditation and the Modulation of Pain
Recent study (John Hopkins)
Mayo Clinic and Meditation (Or wishing)
edit on 26-1-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

And just for the learning benefit...
Harvard Study on Tai Chi (a martial art that also deals heavily with meditation)

Breast cancer. Tai chi has shown potential for improving quality of life and functional capacity (the physical ability to carry out normal daily activities, such as work or exercise) in women suffering from breast cancer or the side effects of breast cancer treatment. For example, a 2008 study at the University of Rochester, published in Medicine and Sport Science, found that quality of life and functional capacity (including aerobic capacity, muscular strength, and flexibility) improved in women with breast cancer who did 12 weeks of tai chi, while declining in a control group that received only supportive therapy.

Heart disease. A 53-person study at National Taiwan University found that a year of tai chi significantly boosted exercise capacity, lowered blood pressure, and improved levels of cholesterol, triglycerides, insulin, and C-reactive protein in people at high risk for heart disease. The study, which was published in the September 2008 Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, found no improvement in a control group that did not practice tai chi.

Heart failure. In a 30-person pilot study at Harvard Medical School, 12 weeks of tai chi improved participants' ability to walk and quality of life. It also reduced blood levels of B-type natriuretic protein, an indicator of heart failure. A 150-patient controlled trial is under way.

Hypertension. In a review of 26 studies in English or Chinese published in Preventive Cardiology (Spring 2008), Dr. Yeh reported that in 85% of trials, tai chi lowered blood pressure — with improvements ranging from 3 to 32 mm Hg in systolic pressure and from 2 to 18 mm Hg in diastolic pressure.

Parkinson's disease. A 33-person pilot study from Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, published in Gait and Posture (October 2008), found that people with mild to moderately severe Parkinson's disease showed improved balance, walking ability, and overall well-being after 20 tai chi sessions.

Indian Meditation Techniques

Vipassana, which means to see things as they really are, is one of India's most ancient techniques of meditation. It was taught in India more than 2500 years ago as a universal remedy for universal ills, i.e., an Art of Living.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Oh no! The drugs aren't working. How will we ever survive?

Are these people serious?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
Very interesting thread OP. S and F
Actually, it's fine by me.
7+ billion people? I'd say the Earth has been plenty patient
with us as a species. Plus have you seen what a typical 90 year old
goes through in a day to stay alive? Bumping into walls wearing diapers,
we all have to pass on someday.

Gaia worshippers scare the crap out of me with their misanthropic attitude. I mean I support environmentalism but they go too far.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Honey, if pure, has been an effective antibiotic, antiviral, and antifungal agent.

It is a common misconception that all ancient societies lacked medicine. Look up your Greeks, they usually lived longer than most of us unless it was war or murder or accident. Just like now.

The Egyptians or some ancient American cultures had skilled surgeons, dentists, etc

Actually they tended to have median lifespans of about 25 years - much lower even than modern day sub Saharan Africans.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lampsalot

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Actually they tended to have median lifespans of about 25 years - much lower even than modern day sub Saharan Africans.

Incorrect.

You haven't done any research at all, apparently.

Taking half-truths as fact, is little better than believing in myth.
Look up 100 ancient famous Greeks at random, and look at the age they supposedly died.

A remarkable statement mentioned by Diogenes Laertius (c. 250 AD) is the earliest (or at least one of the earliest) references about plausible centenarian longevity given by a scientist, the astronomer Hipparchus of Nicea (c. 185 – c. 120 BC), who, according to the doxographer, was assured that the philosopher Democritus of Abdera (c. 470/460 – c. 370/360 BC) lived 109 years. All other accounts given by the ancients about the age of Democritus appear, without giving any specific age, to agree that the philosopher lived over 100 years. This possibility is likely, given that many ancient Greek philosophers are thought to have lived over the age of 90

How did they live so long?
They had no access to 'modern medicine' no matter how rich they were.

Longevity Wiki

edit on 26-1-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

That's why I keep a large clump of my fecal matter in the fridge in case I need to repopulate my gut after I carpet bomb the little beasties...

Actually, I believe I'd rather pass on than eat s*&t... but you probably meant yogurt and pro-biotics, huh?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baddogma
reply to post by rickymouse

That's why I keep a large clump of my fecal matter in the fridge in case I need to repopulate my gut after I carpet bomb the little beasties...

Actually, I believe I'd rather pass on than eat s*&t... but you probably meant yogurt and pro-biotics, huh?

That was repopulate the gut, not repoopulate

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The Russians were doing some VERY promising work a decade or so ago, around bacteria called 'microphages' (not that kind of phage, that we all know and..ahem...love) that showed remarkable killing power of virtually every antibiotic resistant bacteria out there.

Then it all went quiet.

The basics were (if i remember correctly) were that like killed like...the microphages were bacterium tat didn't harm humans, but killed the invading bacteria that was. The source for these microphages were (again, i'm sketchy on the details) drains, and sewer systems.

I wonder what ever happened to the research?

Failing that, we always have turmeric, garlic, ozone, and a certain natural herbal plant, that for some bizzare reason, the controllers here don't like us discussing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join