It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How bad is the Flu season this year?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by beezzer

Wife is a nurse and while we haven't gotten tested, what we are suffering from has been verified as the flu. I will cough on this post and you can have it tested.

No disrespect, but your wife being a nurse doesn't mean anything.

There is no way to determine if you have the flu or not without a test. And if it was over in 3 days, that would suggest it was not the flu.

This is the problem with this years flu season, everyone saying they have the flu when they get the sniffles. Even the CDC numbers they are reporting are not "flu" numbers...they are "influenza like illness" numbers. Only about 30% of those are actually being tested positive as influenza.

Fair enough.

Whatever I have, sucks. And I'm going to whine.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I don't know beezzer, the last time I got the flu I was in bed for one week, could not do anything for two and on week three I developed bronchitis and my entire chest hurt for the entire 4 weeks I was sick.

3 days sorry to say may sound like a bad cold but is not flu.

now the nasty cold that is going on now since November will give you chills and fever for about one day with sinus infection as a result of the on going congestion and last 3 weeks after two month I am still coughing, but is not flu.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by beezzer

I don't know beezzer, the last time I got the flu I was in bed for one week, could not do anything for two and on week three I developed bronchitis and my entire chest hurt for the entire 4 weeks I was sick.

3 days sorry to say may sound like a bad cold but is not flu.

now the nasty cold that is going on now since November will give you chills and fever for about one day with sinus infection as a result of the on going congestion and last 3 weeks after two month I am still coughing, but is not flu.

Then it's a bad cold.

*sheesh*

You people can't even let me WHINE without sources!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well, the booze isn't required, the same thing without the booze is what my mother always gave us, and what I still use, it always helps quite a bit.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Genetics cause most of the difference in how bad a person will get the flu. Some people are well much quicker than others and never get too down. Others are taken out for over a week. It depends.

I got sick as a child, but now get nothing more than ocassional sniffoe or sneeze. It's as if my body immediately mounts an attack and keeps it from being infectious. I'd suggest people eat well, tons of quercentin containing foods, to help with the symptoms.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Don't worry beezzer sometimes you get the "touch" of the flu without full blown, the tale tales of flu is the chills, body aches and fever that last for days.

But some colds can do the same too.

So let say you had the "touch" you know
just a kiss of the flu,

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
"How bad is the Flu season this year?"

Apparently it is very bad for those who received a flu shot.

I cannot remember ever having a flu shot. I also cannot remember when I last had the flu...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

GOOD GRIEF!!

You do look sick. It is truly a life threatening sniffle.

Is that mask connected to Oxygen or a Hot Todddy?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas
reply to post by beezzer

GOOD GRIEF!!

You do look sick. It is truly a life threatening sniffle.

Is that mask connected to Oxygen or a Hot Todddy?

Helium.

I get a kick out of how it makes my voice sound!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Dunno how bad the flu season is - but do know how bad the flu is. I, who never ever get a flu shot (never will) and never get the flu--has gotten the flu.It's been a week and a day.

Had at least 5 days of chills and fever, the first 3 being the worst -- high fever (103). Got sick to my stomach the second day in -- for a day, but queasy for several after. No appetite really, but I make myself eat something.

The worst is the cough -- thought I broke a couple ribs there for awhile -- everything hurt from coughing so deeply. Still coughing. Doc says this year, he's seeing people with a cough from this that lingers for a month. Others get pneumonia from having the flu. Second worst part is the weakness/fatigue. Freakin' tired.

I eat very healthy foods--was surprised to catch this. Wondering how long this miserable feeling will last.

So I've been tooling around ATS like a fiend as I'm too tired to do much else yet am bored. So, help me out--post some really cool stuff to keep my head in the game!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
no school closings but my county is the hardest hit in the state

my sister was down for 8 days, said it was the worst flu of her life

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
USCG Academy, New London, CT.

Mandatory flu shots for all active duty. I haven't even heard a rumor that even 1 person got the flu. With the cadets sprawled out from everywhere in the US, this place is a petrie dish.

17 dead in CT so far as of today.
edit on 25-1-2013 by tkwasny because: Addition

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas
reply to post by beezzer

1 Tsp Honey.
3 Cloves.
1 Cinnamon stick.
Hot water.
Big Splash of Scotch + another big splash of Scotch..

Not sure if it actually works, or if I just don't care after I've had a few.

Get well soon, mate.

Aha. I see you are already aware of the elixir.

edit on 25-1-2013 by BritofTexas because: (no reason given)

That sounds a heluva lot better than theraflu [YUCK
] I'd rather die of flu than use theraflu. LOL.

I haven't had it while many around me have gotten it and it does seem bad, but I am unscathed. God bless my iron brickhouse immune system.

edit on 25-1-2013 by ldyserenity because: fix emoticon

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I've avoided the flu so far, but on Monday I came down with the most painful thing I have ever experienced in my entire life. Two days prior, my father was incredibly sick with a stomach bug, and was in so much pain.. I never saw anything like it. So Monday, when I had my turn.. I totally understood. Whatever the hell this thing was, I hope to God no one here catches it somewhere. The pain was so bad in my abdomen, that I was blacking out, begging to just die, shaking, clawing at my bed, pouring sweat, screaming. No lie. If I hadn't seen my father get it first, and knew it was a crazy stomach virus from hell, I would have had him bring me to the ER thinking I was dying. I have chronic neurological pain every day that is really bad, but man.. nothing like this.

I can honestly say I've experienced a 10 out of 10 on the pain scale. I honestly would rather be stabbed in the stomach than go through that again. It lasted exactly 12 hours too, for both me and my father. The vomiting was minimal for us.. just once or twice at the beginning. It was mainly.. from the other end. I swear to God, I have never heard about anything so awful in my entire life. I had to Google "virus severe stomach pain" and came up with some people talking in the last few weeks about this unbearable pain they experienced during a virus, and how severe it was. Has to be the same thing.

Has anyone else had this? Or know anyone who has? It was just wicked. I've had a severe vomiting phobia all of my life, I can't even have one alcoholic drink or be around anyone who does, out of fear of vomiting. But now? Now I have a fear of whatever the hell kind of virus that was!! It was scary! My fathers boss was in the hospital last week because he thought he was dying.. At least we know who we caught it from!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join