It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Reveal Too Much on Facebook

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
You can always reinstate your account without having to setup a new one.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

It's because people feed off of social energy sort of like a vampire the bigger they're social circle becomes the more addicted to it they get. Like a vampire. The coven grows.

You can always kill them and this is true. If you took the most popular kid from your graduation class. And had everyone shun him out. It would destroy him. Why? Because he became a parasite on the social life.

This being said since the internet is more of a sub conscious thing people want to talk about everything. Even a murderer who is denying guilt in interrogation wants to sub consciously spill the beans to the interrogator.

Because humans are social pariahs.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

there is a thousand reasons why i hate all social media, its so annoying that people have their ancient idiot friends that they dont even know anymore. there is a good reason why you havent heard of someone in ages, becouse its in the past and should remain there, when you catch up with them your psyche degenerates to the time when you actually knew them.. it isn`t a good thing, plus all those people stalking their exes and what not. and its so wrong when some dude that you barely know takes pictures in some party and posts a pic of your face on some god dam facebook! i could go on and on and on... and i somehow feel left out becouse all of my real friends are using it.. weird..
edit on 26-1-2013 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I dont think I ever typed the url before lols. Dont think I care. Reminds me of my nosy neighbor, if she new about facebook, there would be no end to her nosyness.

Always thought these social networking sites were dangerous, since its so easy to get peoples information, like phone# addess's what not, just for a PENNY(maybe 1/4 of penny) each person, when it comes to adverts, thats how facebook makes so much money by selling your info.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
You don't need Facebook to keep in touch with "real" friends, although it is easier that way. Secondly, its not just the powers that be that use it as information or indeed a weapon. Employers, banks, educational bodies, the police, Benefits Agency etc etc are huge users along with the state friendly grasses, snitches, do-gooders etc. Some people must be absolutely braindead to broadcast some of the things they do and some deserve what happens subsequently. If the real PTB want info, they get it anyway so there's little chance of stopping them. People forget that there are always other eyes and that anything of their info is always interesting to someone. Photos are also a big no no, some I've seen should be taken down by Facebook. I hate FB.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

You just realized this now? Truthfully Facebook is a masterpiece, 20 years ago it would take months or even years to obtain info on someone, now it can be done with one click. Facebook was designed to give us enjoyment and to basically do everything on it, and now knowing the Govt. controls FB because its the number one social network out there that has applications to ease being bored, there are apps out there designed to sneak info from you like quizes and games and chat modules. Facebook now has it so you can post pictures and label them and even add videoes, notes, comments,replies, and everyday they add new things to the list you dont know about yet..the most clever is tagging a picture or name, and who it is and your relation to that person and his friend friends are and how they are connected to you. Because of facebook they know everything about you from the day you joined FB. they know your location, time and date you been there, where you go next, there are apps for diaries, cellphones, cameras and even apps for your car. you have apps that have many features for many things...Lots of fun huh, well dont get too comfortable because if the govt. want you or someone you may know personallly or on social chats, they have all the details about you all, and can find you in minutes just by your IP addy, cellphone GPS and cars have it now too. no matter where you are in this world, if you are tapped into the tech world they have you pin pointed out. Those tags you do on pics...they are Face reconition tools... you think you just saying its you to your friends, but you just gave the zGovt. Biz and whoever all your personal information and if you did something wrong you will be caught quickly. Now funny part, after reading my post you delete everything...well maybe so on your account, but you just sold your soul to the govt. database and you cant delete that because every thing you did from day you joined until closing the account they have it all..You personal Bio. They are now creating touchpads on laptops that read ur fingerprints too and web cams have you face too...some are going as far as apps for retna scans...lol hello they have you no matter what.
So dont kill your aptop or cellphones and apps... its already too late. there are incidents people may be being spied on by their cam you thought was off. guess again. They get smarter and we become more dumber each day excepting apps and messages from those we dont know, and one more thing..how much do you know you online friend, there are agents out there pretending to be just about whatever you want them to be. yup stalker the govt. kind. well hate to go, but i am trying to regulate my online time and what I type or view so big brother wont see what I want private. I have 2 laptops, one that never used online for all my personal details and one for online. ok nite nite.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Kabayu

I was only on facebook for 6 days and was shocked by what
I was seeing there,so I quit!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

He has posted where he is living and who all are living there

I know, facebook is an invasion of privacy. It has on my facebook page exactly where I live on a map and I never agreed or wanted to put anything like that on there. Here's another reason why I need a gun and I just seen a thread why us brits don't need guns lol. Anyone could look on there and find out where I live and try and come take my stuff or hurt me but they will regret it.

www.youtube.com... here is a video telling you how to get rid of the map
edit on 26-1-2013 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I like facebook, (flame on, ha ha) I especially liked it when I was in the Navy and it was much easier to get online than to actually get to use the Sailor phone. Anymore though, I just post a lot of jokes and what not.

Funny story about kids on Facebook: My 16 year old cousin thought it would be a good idea to post a status about the sex she had, then posted a status about wanting some weed. Being the cool, older cousin that I am, I messaged her, reminding her of the family members, including her mother, aunts, uncles, cousins, ect that she was "friends" with. She replied with "I didn't think of that!"..... Kids these days...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

But my kids are telling me that I was very rude for demanding
they remove the marriage license off their profile,since it is public
information.It may be public information,but it still had my husband's
name on it and I know that he will be angry over it.
I really like the part of telling me that my husband doesn't have to know.
I really appreciate others trying to decide what I can and can't say to
my own husband.Since they don't seem too concerned,I reactivated my
account so I can show my husband all the messages.I will cancel it
afterwards.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Its satire but, probably way too close to being the truth.

I was going to post this but fortunately saw that you already had. Very appropriate. A pretty brilliant skit in my opinion, and yes, wayyy too close to the truth.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
100% agree OP. And it's only the beginning, and it's starting to get dangerous.. Facebook activity has begun being used as evidence in many-a-court case as of late. I remember reading that recently somebody arrested on charges of terrorism had controversial things that they had "liked" on facebook used as evidence against them.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I think it should be required that every 12 year old should watch "Megan Is Missing"

H@ll it probably wouldn't hurt for most adults to watch it either

edit on 05/28/2012 by Octave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Just a quick search shows how facebook is used by police quite often. There are hundreds of thousands of hits, here are just a few

www.wtvq.com...

columbiadailyherald.com...

www.standard.net...

abcnews.go.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...&title=Mother_Arrested_Over

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
wow, one of the links I posted must not have been allowed. I did a quick search showing how facebook was used for various arrests. I just cut and pasted the links to the various stories that popped up.

I apologize if any of the sources weren't allowed.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Facebook needs a new name...

Flakebook
Mistakebook
Faceshmuck
Sheepbook
Facepalmbook

...that was harder than I thought

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It's definitely unsettling how much information people put on their Facebook page.

I'm sure some enterprising criminals could scour Facebook and look for people who take long trips away from home regularly, and burglarize their place when they're gone.

I deleted my Facebook account about a year ago, had been on for about 2 years total. Always warned all my friends and family many times about all of this (and other things), but my posts always seemed to be buried by girl's "self pics in front of the mirror" and funny cat videos..... oh and why do people like to take pictures of what they had for lunch?

This was extremely funny too, thanks for posting that LOL!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I found this video just a few minutes ago and thought I should post
it here on this thread...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Here are two examples of too much information.

Shhh........Keep it to yourself.

edit on 28-1-2013 by NeverMind2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Another very interesting video I found to share here...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join