It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any herbs that will clean out your lungs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I'm a light smoker- maybe 3-5 ciggs a day, and believe it or not i'm a runner too.
I know, i'm quite the enigma.

I feel guilty about my smoking but i figure that my running will clear out my lungs?

But are there other things that i can take that will clean my lungs out?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Mullein is good for the lungs and helps break up congestion if smoked.

www.herbsandnaturalremedies.com...

Mullien: (pronounce Mullen) It grows almost everywhere, has velvety leaves, a rodlike stem and beautiful yellow flowers. Mullein has a long medicinal herbal history. Early on, this herb attained a reputation as a respiratory remedy. Native Americans used to inhale smoking leaves to relieve congestion. Research says it soothes not only the respiratory tract but also the digestive system. You can also crush a few leaves in your hand and apply it on stings and scrapes as a poultice. It's soothing.

To brew a medicinal cup of tea, use 1 to 2 teaspoons of dried leaves per cup of boiling water. Steep for ten minutes. Drink up to three cups per day. Mullein has a bitter taste, so add sugar or honey and lemon, or mix it with other herbs. In a tincture, take 1/2 to 1 teaspoon up to three times a day. Considered a safe herb, there have been no reports of mullein causing adverse effects.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Yes that is one of the top ones.

Here is a link to a site that tells you how to keep your lungs healthy, trust me smoking is a nono

Useful Herbs for Lungs

www.all4naturalhealth.com...

Now remember that with everything you have to detox first and then start a regime to keep you lungs healthy, smoking will be one of the main things you will have to stay away from.

What Herbs or Supplements Are Good for Healthy Lungs?

Read more: www.livestrong.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Any particles (E.G smoke) that enter your lungs will do you harm. Running will not clear your lungs out, if you're worried about that then stop smoking, otherwise it's just going to get worse.
edit on 25-1-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
First of all if you want to start a cleansing process, you will have to quit smoking. Each cigarette you smoke will constantly build up the cancer causing chemicals and later on in life, it can cause cancer. So convenience your self to stop smoking, yeah it will take some time, but slowly reduce the amount and trust me you don't need any herbs to clean anything, your lungs will go back to normal in a year or two, but as soon as you stop smoking you will feel the change withing weeks. And trust me you don't need to smoke at all, i know a lot of people say they are addicted, but its all in your brain, so learn to control it and you can.

But if your looking for herbs, you can try this Indian herb paste called Chyawanprash: Ancient Indian Elixir Lung, Liver and Kidneys

The smooth functioning of the lungs is facilitated by the regular intake of chyawanprash. Moisture balance is maintained in the lungs and gives new energy to respiratory system. Chyawanprash helps purify blood and invigorates the liver and helps to eliminate toxins. It helps the downward flow of energy in the body and eases constipation. Apart from these, the herbal jam eliminates wastes from the body without overworking the urinary system. , contains about 70-80 herbs found in India, this herbs were used in ancient times. This paste contains all type of herbs in reducing stress, digestion, disease, viruses, bacteria, as well as improving organ functions. take a look at it, you can purchase it online. Please read this :

link to read more: hinduism.about.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay Electronica

If the particulate wasn't ingested via smoke or "bong".. That herb would probably be beneficial for more than just the lungs. Ingest it as food after the active compounds are activated via cooking or heat and used in foodstuffs and it won't cause any damage.

CX

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
My honest opinion.......there is no point in bothering with anything to clean out your lungs whilst you're still smoking, even if it is just a few a day.

Smoking builds up crap in your lungs, which reduces lung capacity and efficiency. Giving up the cigs completely will clean or reduce the rubbish in your lungs over time anyway, or at least much of it.

Please don't take this as a nag from a non-smoker, but as someone who knows a little about the subject. (trained in Fitness and sports therapy, we did smoking cessation workshops as part of the qualification along with all the research that comes with that kind of thing).

That said, natural remedies are always surprising us on a daily basis, so i look forward to reading any good info here that could at least lend a hand.

CX.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Either check your tongue, see if is red & Dry, or Go to your local acupuncturist:

If tongue is red and dry, and maybe a crack in the middle use:
Yang Yin Qing Fei Tang

another variant is Xin Yi Qing Fei Yin

if you get chills often you can use:
Wu Hu Tang.

If you have a very dry cough:
Qing Zao Jiu Fei Tang.

There are some other herbal formulas you can use. my recommendation is to go to your local acupuncturist, they will check your tongue and pulse and recommend the best formula...

Also keep in mind this are either tea (Which taste disgusting, but is the best way) or as pills...
You DO NOT smoke this.

hope this helps

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf10
I'm a light smoker- maybe 3-5 ciggs a day, and believe it or not i'm a runner too.
I know, i'm quite the enigma.

I feel guilty about my smoking but i figure that my running will clear out my lungs?

But are there other things that i can take that will clean my lungs out?

Yeah, stop smoking!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
[snip]

i used lasar acupucture in order to assist me in quitting and I am very happy to not be a two pck a day man
edit on 25-1-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Ridgecrest herbals makes a product called "clear lungs", dont know if it works or not. Accupuncture has only decreased the weight in my wallet, I do not beleive in accupuncture AT ALL, I have tried it to no avail, doesnt work for me.
edit on 25-1-2013 by jazztrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by storm2012
First of all if you want to start a cleansing process, you will have to quit smoking. Each cigarette you smoke will constantly build up the cancer causing chemicals and later on in life, it can cause cancer. So convenience your self to stop smoking, yeah it will take some time, but slowly reduce the amount and trust me you don't need any herbs to clean anything, your lungs will go back to normal in a year or two, but as soon as you stop smoking you will feel the change withing weeks. And trust me you don't need to smoke at all, i know a lot of people say they are addicted, but its all in your brain, so learn to control it and you can.

But if your looking for herbs, you can try this Indian herb paste called Chyawanprash: Ancient Indian Elixir Lung, Liver and Kidneys

The smooth functioning of the lungs is facilitated by the regular intake of chyawanprash. Moisture balance is maintained in the lungs and gives new energy to respiratory system. Chyawanprash helps purify blood and invigorates the liver and helps to eliminate toxins. It helps the downward flow of energy in the body and eases constipation. Apart from these, the herbal jam eliminates wastes from the body without overworking the urinary system. , contains about 70-80 herbs found in India, this herbs were used in ancient times. This paste contains all type of herbs in reducing stress, digestion, disease, viruses, bacteria, as well as improving organ functions. take a look at it, you can purchase it online. Please read this :

link to read more: hinduism.about.com...

I love it how non-smokers act like quitting is so easy. "Just put em down and stop smoking!" Its one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life. And I've been deployed to two wars and overcome stage 4 cancer. Nicotine binds to the exact same chemoreceptors in the brain as heroin does. It is in effect like trying to quit heroin cold turkey. You will need a game plan to quit, and get mentally prepared for it. Stay busy as you can and dont drink alcohol or coffee. Drink lots of water. (Those are triggers for me anyways.) if you only smoke 3-5 a day it should not be as bad for you as someone who has smoked hardcore for several years. Your throats gonna hurt, youll probably get constipated for a while, you'll gain a little weight and be short tempered and unable to focus on things much. Don't do lozenges or gum, you'll just get sddicted to the nicotine in those. Cold turkey or chantix is the way to go. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Lots of vitamin E helps and a glass of wine every day, vitamin P. Obviously nothing will clear your lungs up, but these 2 things do help lung tissue. vitamin P (permeability) helps blood vessels. Vitamin E helps skin tissue.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Also a regimen like the Master Cleanse to rid the body of excess mucus and toxins maybe?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
In some countries smokers of tabacco live to a ripe old age.What Im saying is it must be either the tabacco you smoke that is dangerous, or the diet you have.

In december, I had it where I suddenly couldnt breath. It wasnt a panic attack. I felt as if my throat had been attacked. It was so effective in making me decide to stop smoking. I mean I felt as if I was going to die from suffication. So anyway, I looked at the facts, I had throat aches and so forth. More off and on. And realised. Im in my 30s, its effecting me like this now. What when Im in my 60s?..
edit on 25-1-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Yes, locally, there's a phenotype hanging by a thread, in reveg, with excellent natural resistance to aphids and mites, which is highly desirable. Did you know that there are strains of which, given a healthy beginning, will simply kill off these parasites, even as they try to suck the sap from their veins? I am told the leaves are intelligent in the way they arrange themselves, like no other. You ought to see what she does to the flesh. I intend to spread this one around the world. This one goes to the altar.
edit on 25-1-2013 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10

Few months back, i was diagnosed with Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
I´m not even forty yet, but been smoking over twenty years.
In my case, the damage has already been done, meaning that IF i quit now,
it will halt the the progression of the disease, but not undo what has already happened.
Just stop, and after a while you will know the difference.

To me my addiction to smoking is not about nicotine,
but about a longtime habit and the sensation you get in your throat when inhaling.
I´ve been looking for substitutes for that feeling,
and the only thing that comes even close is Tabasco.
I am NOT going to carry a bottle of Tabasco with me everywhere i go
and take little sips out of it once in awhile.
At least, not yet.

Just TRY to quit altogether,
you won´t be sorry if you succeed.
edit on 25-1-2013 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join