It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study accidentally exposes chemotherapy as fraud - tumors grow faster after chemo!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
naturalnews.com lol

That's one of the most biased websites out there.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Years ago I did intensive research on another well established medical practice, "Blood Transfusions", as it turns out this is bad medicine too, that is suppose to save your life. It made me wonder what else is the medical community wrong on. The cut, burn and poison treatment for cancer comes to mind. Although surgery seems to be in some cases the best treatment, I myself had it. Cured for over 30 years. I have seen too many people take chemo and just have the last months of there lives be utterly miserable, anyways. Better to live 3 pleasant months, than 9 months of horror.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I don't think people are hating on the medical community I think it's more like having disdain for they way alternative treaments are viewed by mainstream science.
Cancer is a big business,these people make money off the sick.Can you imagine a cure?how many would be out of a job?How much money will be lost in cancer charities? they don't want a cure plain and simple.

In my opinion these people are the lowest forms of humanity

Until we break through the barriers of greed nothing will change

My sympathies to those who have lost loved ones to cancer ...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad
My partner is fully qualified practioner of Aromatherapy, Reiki and Reflexology. as such she probably knows far more about natural remedies than every person on ATS. She is also a research nurse and as such knows more about established medicines than people on ATS. She does not hold back on medical matters and questions all that is going on.

She has breast cancer and she is taking chemo, so all you ignorant naysayers think about that.

So what she have all those things under her belt you can't say what experience or knowledge anyone else on ATS have at their disposal. Your girlfriend made a choice of what she believed in, what she trusted to help her so she chose chemo. Chemo is neither right or wrong it's an option. Unfortunately too many mainstream doctors make it along with radiation and surgery the only choices for those facing cancer. People have to take matters into their own hands and make decisions on all the options they deem are available including controversial ones. That don't make anyone a ignorant naysayer because they don't opt for the same treatments as your girlfriend.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Labrat3162

Excellent post thank you,the truth can't be any clearer
Whenever I see the "pink ribbons"on products in the stores with the prices jacked up I want to vomit.It's not the "cure" in chemo its "greed" that keeps this as the number one treatment for cancer.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The information that "Chemo" causes the cancer cells to be more resistant afterward would be interesting evidence.

However "Chemo" comprises a lot of different chemicals and treatments. This one particular study of one particular cancer isn't going to really upset the status quo in medicine.

Chemo is likely in a healthy individual, more carcinogenic than doing nothing -- I don't think you'd surprise or shock anyone in medicine with that claim. The concept is that it is MORE DAMAGING to cancer cells than healthy ones.

I'm not a big fan of most cancer treatments, because I think that for all the money spent, people with cancer aren't living much longer than they were -- they are just detecting cancer earlier and waving the "dead chicken" for huge sums of money, and proclaiming victory that a 35 year-old didn't die until they were 40. The stats on Cancer are infuriatingly vague and proclaim victory if you live a few years.

What we need is some comprehensive stats with some sort of a control group. I don't think Chemo would stack up too well with a thorough analysis -- but don't go off half cocked with one study -- and definitely don't treat "Chemo" as if it were one thing. There are hundreds of different medications that can be involved and it depends on the patient and the cancer what the doctor chooses to use.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I've always thought the treatments were bad, but it was just my own opinion.

I just noticed some people seemed very healthy, say they went for a routine checkup and cancer was found. Next thing you know they are really sick, withering away, dying. It makes me wonder, what if they had never found out? Would they have died from it? Have you ever heard of anybody being found dead in their home and they found they died of untreated cancer? Have you? I haven't. I've heard of people being found dead from other causes.

Besides this, if you tell somebody they have a fatal illness it might make them believe they are dying and the psychological effects are what makes them so ill. The power of suggestion is very strong. Who can cope with a death sentence hanging over them?

I say its almost best not to even find out. I know this might sound ignorant to the cancer supporters. This is just my opinion. If you want to believe in cancer, that's your right. I choose not to.

Yet people get the diagnosis and embrace it. They go along with all the tests, treatments.
Although I might know a few, emphasis on few , they get cancer, get treatment and seem to recover, who is to say they ever really had cancer in the first place. I didn't look at their x rays ans scans. They didn't either. We aren't experts or doctors to know. They could have recovered by other means.

I've mostly seen people get diagnosed, get chemo and become really ill, if it extends their life by a few months, its only to extend the pain and suffering.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
When we look at history,even quite recent history,we are rightly shocked at what we learn they used to do-
Think radium salt tonics,coc aine therapy,early methods of surgery/dentistry.
Today,we think of those ways as wrong and bad for the patient.

Is it not possible that one day in the future we will see chemotherapy in the same way?

This is a scary subject as so many of us eventually face the prospect of chemo in old age,or before.
More studies should be done to look at this.

So that people can make a proper informed choice,rather than being forced into an uninformed decision.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I have at least two relatives who would be dead now without chemo. Spread your lies somewhere else. It is well documented that chemo therapy does indeed kill cancer. And that it is responsible for saving thousands of lives since its inception as a tool to treat cancer.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Nice knowing ya.
Good bye

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Tell that to the parents of a child with lukemia fool. Six months with your child or nine.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Chai_An

Wrong. Your examples only give choices of life or death. The OP needs to refrain from discouraging treatment for people for whom chemo offers the only choice and chance at life. Not all cancers can be cut out. Lukemia comes to mind.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

I have at least two relatives who would be dead now without chemo.

How do you know this? That they would be dead without the Chemo? Because that is what the doctors told you, right?

So you choose to believe what they said in a period of emotional unstability when you where afraid of loosing your relatives. Fair enough, or at least, understandable. You are not alone in doing so, i am sure.

However, choosing to discard peer-reviewed scientific fact as presented here just because of your own emotional experiences to what you believe be proof of the contrary, is neither wise nor "denying ignorance".

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
many natural cures...

nothing man made will cure you.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Thankyou for not hating my post. It's probably not nice to hear that kinda post from someone who works in the industry and many may have had me down as a WUM or Troll or whatever it is they call antagonisers these days.......but I'm not. I'm just resigned to the fact that it's all about money and ego.

I ended up in this industry by accident really. Never intended a career in cancer but that's the field I'm in. Patient care is worn as a very thin veil within the industry. Officially it's all about patient care, unofficially it's just a way to make a living. A very good living.

Not many actually believe in what we're doing.

Take my advice and NEVER accept a mainstream prognosis. It will only kill you, quite often slowly and painfully. At best the cancer will go into remission after the treatment has made you VERY ill. Of course we'll cite the treatment as the cure, but honestly....WE DON'T KNOW.

It's not a conspiracy. Most people are not clued up enough to ask the right questions and see the flaws in some of the basic claims.

Once diagnosed most cancer patients are railroaded in making their 'life or death' decision there and then in the consultants office. Research cancer now BEFORE you are diagnosed with cancer so you can make rational judgements and decisions about how to proceed. Do not passively secede YOUR healthcare to govt. and private interest. We don't care. Sorry but it is just business.

I don't mind telling you this because the majority of people who will be diagnosed with cancer will never be aware of the truth. They operate on soundbites in the mainstream. They always will. Our source of income will quite literally never dry up, not in our relatively short lifespans anyway.

I'm telling you this because people who are willing to heed the warnings and do their own reading and research deserve a chance to make their own minds up. DENY IGNORANCE.

Good Luck.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I'd just like to add that prostate cancer is just one type of cancer, and is apparently difficult to treat.

Many other types of cancers are successfully treated by chemotherapy. I have been in complete remission from a stage III cancer for more than 10 years.

I think the success of treatment depends on the type of cancer cell and the type of chemotherapy agents used.

It's been no secret that some kinds of cancers are more easily treated than other kinds.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

you mean like the medical community likes to pump type 2 diabetics full of insulin and say eat what ever you want, even though there have been studies done that show low carb diets basically cure type 2 diabetes.
I love it how main stream news is evil, aliens are real and the government has been hiding them from us, NWO, and so on. But the second something comes out about chemo might no be all that great for you everyone freaks.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by Chai_An

Wrong. Your examples only give choices of life or death. The OP needs to refrain from discouraging treatment for people for whom chemo offers the only choice and chance at life. Not all cancers can be cut out. Lukemia comes to mind.

No what you need to do is stop making chemo the be all end all because it's not. As were said earlier what work for one may not work for another. This is why I advocate there's more than one OPTION for cancer no matter if others see those options as useless or controversial. As individuals who want to live full and healthy lives WE must make the best possible decisions for ourselves and if that mean considering non-traditional methods then so be it the information is out here.

Oh my father had leukemia and no chemo was used. He used Essiac and Concord Grape Juice.
edit on 26-1-2013 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bigcountry08

you mean like the medical community likes to pump type 2 diabetics full of insulin and say eat what ever you want, even though there have been studies done that show low carb diets basically cure type 2 diabetes

I'm not saying this is true of all diabetics, but ....

I've known 2 people with diabetes who were going to eat whatever they wanted with or without insulin.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I told people about this and they said:

the article is incredibly misleading and rephrases the article that it cites which in itself is not very scientific or informative of the actual study.

" The result paves the way for research into new, improved treatment, said Nelson. "For example, an antibody to WNT16B, given with chemotherapy, may improve responses (kill more tumor cells)," he said in an email exchange. "Alternatively, it may be possible to use smaller, less toxic doses of therapy." Read more"

they dont even suggest that chemotherapy is bad, just that it can be improved on.

Here is one of the actual studieshere is one of the actual studies, if you want to spend money to actually learn WTF is going on with the study rather than a 'news' article that is really just looking for impressions and views for money

"What this means, for all intents and purposes, is that the entire process of chemotherapy is completely worthless, and is actually highly detrimental for cancer patients. Learn more" ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE IN ANY STUDIES THAT THIS ARTICLE IS ABOUT IS THAT STATED OR IMPLIED

The scare quote at the end admits that it is taken out of context:

"Whatever manipulations we're doing to tumors can inadvertently do something to increase the tumor numbers to become more metastatic, which is what kills patients at the end of the day," admitted Dr. Raghu Kalluri, author of a similar study published last year in the journal Cancer Cell. This particular study found that cancer drugs, which are typically pushed alongside chemotherapy, cause tumors to metastasize.

I'm told Natural News has an "agenda".

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join