It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David LaPoint's Theory of the Structure of All Matter

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Exactly. I guess that is my point with photons, trapped photons and virtual photons which hasn't been discussed yet.

We are trying to debate theories ~ something that is and has been debated and will be until it all makes sense not just observable sense but also mathematically.

Making sense from the subatomic to the Galactic is what LaPoint is trying to do. Why knock anyone for trying. Like I said before, Im hopeful theories will arise that pushes us over the edge with excitement.

"Those who are not shocked when they first come across quantum theory cannot possibly have understood it." ---Niels Bohr

Virtual Photons have yet to be discussed. Not that we need to but for the sake of knowlede and the expansion of it below is some information regarding "virtual photons".

technically its virtual photons that are the force carriers of the electromagnetic force, they are exchanged between the particles when there is an interaction, and while there are many similarities, virtual photons are not entirely the same as photons, for example, virtual photons are not necessarily massless, their energy E is not necessarily their momentum times the speed of light. (E=pc) If you think about the conservation laws of mass and energy, an electron simply emitting a regular photon would violate these, but due to Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, for very short time period, (~10-15s) these laws can be violated and virtual photon exchanges can occur, since they last for such a small amount of time. It is important to realise that virtual photons are not the same as photons that make up colour and other electromagnetic waves, and it is the virtual photons that carry the electromagnetic force, hence why we don't see light glowing around magnetic fieldswww.reddit.com...

Not only do we not know everything we would like to know about a particle, but we can't know everything we would like to know. This is what the uncertainty principle tells us.

What makes quantum physics truly special is this: Even if we know the theory of quantum physics inside out, and we perform thousands of experiments that verify its predictions, there are still questions that remain. These questions involve the meaning, the interpretation of quantum physics. For example, if we can't know the position or momentum of a particle, does the particle even have a specific value of position or momentum? Or does the particle only have these attributes when we measure them? The surprising answers provided by quantum physics seem to be: no and yes. To illustrate this, let's go back again to Young's two slit experiment.

We all know about the "slit experiment".

Here is what is important though..

The photon doesn't pass through just one slit at all. In other words, as the photon passes through the slits, not only don't we know it's location, it doesn't even have a location. It doesn't have a location until we observe it on the film. This paradox is the heart of what has come to be called the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum physics.

I'll summarize the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum physics this way: The wave function is a complete description of a wave-particle. That is, any information that can't be derived from the wave function doesn't exist. For example, if the wave is spread out over a broad region, then we can't determine where the particle is located. And since the wave function doesn't tell us the location, the particle doesn't have a location. Similarly, if a wave is made up of many different momenta, then the wave-particle doesn't have a value for the momentum. When a measurement of a wave-particle is made, its wave function collapses. So for example, if we precisely measure the momentum of a particle, its wave function suddenly changes from a wave made up of many momenta, to a wave with only one momentum. (This is termed a collapse, even though the wave doesn't actually get any smaller in this case. Remember, a wave with an exact momentum extends across the entire universe.) If two properties of a wave-particle are related by an uncertainty relation (such as the Heisenberg uncertainty principle), no measurement can simultaneously determine both properties to a precision greater than the uncertainty relation allows. In the case of the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, this means that if we measure the position of a particle, then there's a limit to the precision with which we can know the momentum. A consequence of this is that when we measure the position of a particle, we affect its momentum, and vice versa.

Finally it takes guts to say..

In the end, we are left with uncertainty.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by tetra50
reply to post by jiggerj

Oh, come on. By your avatar, I know you know it can look like anything

I know this? I honestly don't. Please show me a magnetic field that doesn't look like that.

No, no, I have better things to do than that......
Umm.....well, i THINK i have better things to do than that....

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

reply to post by buddhasystem

yes, obviously, there is no marvel contained here.....i was entertained, and said so, mr. buddhasystem. She put up a good fight

She did? What fight? Where? Haven't noticed a thing...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

yes, well..LOL

2nd and third...and , as well,...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

This was an interesting read...

Nonthermal Radiation Some of the more unusual objects in space such as supernovas, pulsars, radio galaxies, Seyfert galaxies, BL Lacertae objects, GRBs, and others, produce copious amounts of photons that can not be described as "blackbody radiation" or "thermal radiation." These photons almost certainly were not made by electrons changing their orbit. This process is not as well understood by scientists, and what is known may be incomplete. Scientists know of two techniques that can be used to create nonthermal radiation: the Synchrotron Process and the Inverse Compton Process. The Ball-of-Light Particle Model describes a new -- third -- process that can produce nonthermal radiation. This particle model describes "elementary" particles as: standing, spherical waves of electric, magnetic, and gravitational fields -- in essence as balls of light. According to this particle model, when these "elementary" particles decay, they create nonthermal radiation. The Ball-of-Light Particle Model also predicts nonthermal radiation can be created by the electromagnetic fields on the surface of a ball-of-light. To summarize: thermal radiation comes just from electrons moving within atoms; nonthermal radiation comes from any surface or the decay of a ball-of-light.www.grandunification.com...

Here is another good read.... and what gets me is how a photon can have energy yet has no charge... just neutral?

Figure 4a shows a scan taken during the alignment. There is almost a 4-fold symmetry, which shows that the crystal is aligned almost prefectly with the beam. This allowed the coherent peak to be positioned at any desired photon energy www2.cose.isu.edu...

www.slac.stanford.edu...
edit on 30-1-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

edit on 01/30/13 by Mary Rose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Apparently, the guy knows a lot about "balls of light".

He also owns a fusion energy company in Minnesota.

Great stuff.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Yeah Primalfractal posted about John Nordberg here.

edit on 01/30/13 by Mary Rose because: Correction

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Using this as a reference for later tomorrow. Taking a shower and getting by flu butt to bed. I do want to know more about what LaPoints got going on. I may be far off... but Im trying.

Gintsburg [16] corrected the limit of Schrödinger and suggested that measurements of the magnetic field of Jupiter could improve the limit to λ¯γ ∼ 10 6 km. He also was the first to consider how the mass of the photon would influence the magnetohydrodynamic waves in plasma. www.itep.ru...

And.... also this.

There exist about a dozen of papers [43–52] questioning the neutrality of photons and setting an upper limit on their charge. In all of them the upper limit follows from the non-observation of any action of external static electric or magnetic fields on photon’s charge, while the fact that these fields themselves are “built from photons” is ignored. As a result all those papers [43–52] lack a self-consistent phenomenological basis. But without such a basis any interpretation of experimental data is meaningless. In fact the authors [43–52] implicitly assumed that all photons are either neutral as in ordinary QED, or all are charged. It is obvious that the latter assumption is impossible to reconcile with the existence of classical static electric or magnetic fields. Hence the best upper limit on the value of photon charge presented by the Particle Data Group [45] seems to be meaningless. It is clear, that for a more consistent interpretation of searches [43–52] both types of photons are necessary: charged and neutral. In such a scheme classical electric and magnetic fields are built from the latter. Hence the scattering of all charged particles (including the charged photons) by these fields occurs due to absorption of virtual neutral photons. Charge is conserved in this processes. (The failure of theoretical attempts to violate the conservation of electric charge was analyzed in references [53, 54].)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Gintsburg [16] corrected the limit of Schrödinger and suggested that measurements of the magnetic field of Jupiter could improve the limit to λ¯γ ∼ 10 6 km. He also was the first to consider how the mass of the photon would influence the magnetohydrodynamic waves in plasma. www.itep.ru...

Well finally there is a real reference to real science, real paper and a real person, not some "balls of light". I've been to one of Okun's seminars then I worked at ITEP and his books were helpful in our classes. Cool guy. So he's the real deal. Now,

However, a scheme with both charged and neutral photons is also not
without serious problems. One of them is the catastrophic infrared emission
of neutral photons by massless charged ones. The other problems are
connected with the emission and absorption of charged photons by ordinary
charged particles, say, electrons.
Conservation of charge calls in this case for the existence of a twin electron
with charge e–e′, where e′ is the charge of the emitted charged photon,
which is assumed to be much smaller than e. The mass of the twin must
be much larger than the mass of the electron in order to avoid contradiction
with data on atomic, nuclear, and high energy physics.
One might consider the three photons with charges +e′, −e′, 0 as an
SU(2) Yang–Mills triplet, while the electron with charge e and its twin with
charge e–e′ as an SU(2) doublet. The SU(2) symmetry requires mass degeneracy
of particles belonging to the same multiplet. However, even in this
degenerate case it is impossible to accommodate the inequality e′/e ≪ 1.
The situation is further aggravated by the breaking of SU(2) gauge symmetry,
responsible for the difference of masses of particles and their twins.

So he does have a license to come up with wildest speculations, but note however that he's brutally honest about difficulties of supporting same.

Thanks for the reference, it's a good read.

edit on 30-1-2013 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Not gonna enter the debate more than that. Rather enjoying the other ladies and their mastery.....
As for those "pure" physicists, out there, trying to bang their heads on the brick wall:

Lol thats a nice one

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Well finally there is a real reference to real science, real paper and a real person, not some "balls of light". I've been to one of Okun's seminars then I worked at ITEP and his books were helpful in our classes.

So, John Nordberg is not a "real person."

To be a "real person" one must be sanctioned by the mainstream?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Well finally there is a real reference to real science, real paper and a real person, not some "balls of light". I've been to one of Okun's seminars then I worked at ITEP and his books were helpful in our classes.

So, John Nordberg is not a "real person."

To be a "real person" one must be sanctioned by the mainstream?

No. You are real and nobody bothered to "sanction" you or otherwise.
By real I must have meant a person I personally know.

edit on 31-1-2013 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Im working for another hour or two today but I do want to share this below. I am 45 minutes into it and think its pretty dang cool.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

edit on 01/31/13 by Mary Rose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Part 2:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Have you watched it yet? What do you think? Its pretty impressive.

Bowl shaped magnetic fields are pretty convincing.

Be back with more comment. Gotta cook.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Yes.

I'm more interested in technology than I am theory. So I'm impatient for the product he mentioned in Part 1 that is supposed to be available this quarter - the one he said has been in the works for six years. I suspect it must have to do with the human energy field.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I wanted to make sure I was understanding the theory so far... I asked him a question to make sure I was getting it on FB and he replied with Bingo!
Im really hoping this turns out as I think its going to..... or could.

Mary, go look and see what he said.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

I wanted to make sure I was understanding the theory so far... I asked him a question to make sure I was getting it on FB and he replied with Bingo!

What else did you expect? It's not about knowledge, it's about instant gratification! So there you go, girl! Bingo!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join