It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David LaPoint's Theory of the Structure of All Matter

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection
reply to post by buddhasystem

If you want to call it handyman nonsense, why should i engage in discussion with you.

Oh, by the way I didn't say I "wanted" to call it nonsense, I proposed a straightforward method to set things straight and post a modicum of EVIDENCE. If all you have are empty words and if you use a zucchini as a chronometer (as you are, in fact), then of course no discussion can possibly take place, of course I'm thankful for the laughs I extracted from that silly anti-gravity site.

Get off your high horse and stop insulting people you know nothing about..

I am a people's person and willing to learn. When one says "I have an anti-gravity machine", sure as hell that piques my imagination and curiosity, and I'm eager to ask "wow, great -- can you show me how it works?". If in return I'm presented with a wilted vegetable (for real!) as a proof of anti-gravity, I feel I have the license to call my interlocutor either sick or stupid or both.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
reply to post by ImaFungi

Members will never stop harassing. They enjoy themselves doing it too much. It's an ego trip.

I do send a lot of emails to people asking questions if I have their email address. With LaPoint I have been using the public Facebook page to ask questions.

I doubt seriously that LaPoint would want to spend the time that would be necessary deflecting the attacks that would be hurled against him should he be a member here. This is a hostile place.

Its good for science to be hostile and skeptical... Any true theory or concept or principle should have no problem proving itself against harsh skepticism if true..

would you mind bringing it to his attention at least... there are a lot of smart knowledgeable members here that would discuss and debate well with someone with such a ground breaking, table turning theory...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
Its good for science to be hostile and skeptical... Any true theory or concept or principle should have no problem proving itself against harsh skepticism if true..

That's one case where an insight is 100% correct. If anyone had a chance (and I'm not saying you don't) to visit the real science seminars, they would be quite shocked by the level of scrutiny, hubris and general "get this" going. It's best to be left to imbeciles to be wooed by "I invented anti-gravity" or "my plastic donut can fly to the other corner of the Galaxy, because I found the true name of God". In real world populated by people who are generally not morons, if one says something, they must be prepared to back it up. Show something for it, other than "my zucchini wilted, hence I discovered time travel" You call it "hostile and skeptical", but more importantly it is just HONEST. But the pseudo-science idiot followers won't have any of that.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Yes, I would mind.

Why don't you get in touch with him yourself?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
Its good for science to be hostile and skeptical...

No, it is not.

It is good to ask good questions and explore. Hostility and skepticism is from people who have already made up their mind.
edit on 02/03/13 by Mary Rose because: Correction

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

You claimed visible proof of anti-gravity and you have none.

on the contrary, i've presented the proof, but hey, be my guest and remain blind

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection
reply to post by buddhasystem

heck you are just bloody acting stupid on purpose or maybe you are'
go back to school and learn some science. ther's more to life than waiting at tables
in a cern cafe.

Well, finally a word of truth from you (and I was losing hope). I never did the water's job in the 22 years of doing work at CERN, year in, year out -- there is more to life than waiting tables.. Oh, and by the way... There are no waiters at the CERN cafeteria anyway... Of course you wouldn't know... But here is always the cleaning staff. They are hiring, by they way. Give them a call.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Its good for science to be hostile and skeptical

Hostile? Did you really mean that?

There are enough professional intellectuals in the world who can "talk" and or "debate" without degrading the other and being hostile. I refuse to hold conversations with someone who is disrespectful. I prefer the golden rule. If you cannot respect with words and actions we need to be distant at the least.

The community as far as Im concerned is nothing like that nor should it be. Skepticism is done in a manner that displays maturity and not childish rhetoric unlike some members here.

Being humble all the while being skeptic is a way that people can communicate different ideas.

LaPoint, after the videos are complete will be able to convey his thoughts and prove his points without interruption. We all have access to his FB page and can ask him whatever we want and up to this point he has been forthcoming with sensible answers, in my opinion. Feel free to ask him what comes to mind.

If someone does not agree with anything he says, that is their right but this thread is not about anything other than LaPoint, definitely not what another posters doing to prove anit-gravity.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Interesting. Where do I get some of those hollow hemispheric magnets? I can think of some experiments of my own. Since there is no such thing as monopole magnets, one field must be close to the rim and the other at the single pole of the hemisphere.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
But here is always the cleaning staff. They are hiring, by they way. Give them a call.

Lol you are hilarious, waiting on tables or serving from behind the counter, wts the heck is the diff. anyway
Lol no i aint looking for that kind of a job. I'm an engineer remember
edit on 3-2-2013 by Angelic Resurrection because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Amazing! I think Mary Rose's signature says it all. If people are not even willing to watch it and learn something (whether it is the point he is making or not) then what is the point of talking with them? They will only talk to you to tell you what they think rather than to listen to anything you have to say.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by eManym
Interesting. Where do I get some of those hollow hemispheric magnets? I can think of some experiments of my own. Since there is no such thing as monopole magnets, one field must be close to the rim and the other at the single pole of the hemisphere.

I think its more like the outside being one pole and inside the other and may be
quite easy to make out of nickel bowls

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

I thought the red bowl was North and the blue bowl was South. Is that not the case? That would be two monopoles?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

I may have missed something, but how do you get a single pole magnet?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

Yeah this is what I need some guidance on.

One thing I'm fairly confident about: Magnetism is not clearly defined by the mainstream.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

yeah I've cut a magnet in half before and all that happens is you end up with two magnets with both poles.
Maybe the inside of the bowl is one pole and the outside the other.
edit on 4-2-2013 by ZeussusZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

Have you watched the LaPoint videos?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

just watched the first one. But can't get my head around the single pole bowl magnet. Maybe in the next vids there might be some answer.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join