Bedtime for Bonzo and the Governator - wtf? are you serious?

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

(from left to right: Buffett, Schwarzenegger, Rothschild)

I was watching a documentary on the Iran Contra affair and they were saying things like 'Ronald Reagan decided on this', or 'Ronald Reagan Authorized.. such and such'.

If anybody out there believes that Ronald Reagan from 'Bedtime for Bonzo' has the sophisticated knowledge to make the political and economic decisions that govern our country and world affairs, well then your friggin stupid!

Or if you believe the same for the Governator, then ditto .. your STUPID!

---

Anybody who does not find - an actor from Bedtime for Bonzo running for president even a little suspicious is really stupid.

Apparently a large majority of our population is stupid, (which is why I do not believe a true democracy would work, because you would not want all these stupid people making important decisions).

To me it is very scary. Here are people with college degrees, even Phd's - who believe the President runs the country and makes decisions of his own accord, saying look.. Obama did this. No fuggin stupid! Obama does nothing! How stupid can you be! Here is the media and even college level history books saying such and such president decided on this or that. It is misinformation. I wonder if even the secretaries make any real decisions?

One of the greatest conspiracies on this Earth is that these presidents run for president on their own accord with the will to govern this nation, and then actually, govern this nation.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Why would you want to start a thread out by basically saying anyone who disagrees with you is stupid? 6 times no less. If you're that staunch, what is it you were looking to discuss? You left no room for discussion. Only agreement.

(which is why I do not believe a true democracy would work, because you would not want all these stupid people making important decisions).

True democracy doesn't work. That's why the United States is a Republic. True democracy is majority rule. Or more accurately, mob rule. Where the majority can take away the individual rights of the minority.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands..."

edit on 1/25/2013 by Klassified because: corrections and quote

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Bedtime for Bonzo!

Sums it all up really

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
A president is the frontman for the cabinet he chooses. All presidents have advisors whom..advise. Ultimately it is the POTUS whom decides though (as GWB puts it, he is the decider).

Ultimately you don't have to be a genius to be POTUS..just have your cabinet filled with experts in their given field and use a bit of wisdom/common sense when being informed by your cabinet.

Incidentally, I wouldn't call any man stupid nor genius without knowing them personally and/or having actual information (IQ results for instance being one qualifier). Actors? Some may be daft, then you have people like Christopher Lee (old guy who played saruman) or Patrick Stewart whom are very well studied

There can be insanely genius people bagging your groceries, and barely passable knuckledraggers as police chief, etc...

Being in a movie, regardless of how cheesy or b-rated says nothing about a person.

Now
Get to da choppa!

____
Add:

Sidenote, come on..why you be hatin' on Bonzo!
edit on 25-1-2013 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
True democracy doesn't work. That's why the United States is a Republic. True democracy is majority rule. Or more accurately, mob rule.

I like the expression:
Democracy is 3 wolves and 1 sheep, each with equal vote, voting on whats for dinner.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
All presidents (or politicians) are actors, nothing more, nothing less.

Why is this news to anyone and why does it make them more or less valid or qualified than any other citizen?
It doesn't, either way.

We are all actors in this play we call life (as Shakespeare eluded to) in one capacity or another. Doctors play God, Nurses play Nightengale (or Ratched), Lawyers play devil's advocate, etc etc.

If were were to 'get real' for any extended timeframe and follow our actual enjoyed life-path or destiny then the entire world economy as we know it would collapse due to no one actually doing what is unfortunate but necessary.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Klassified
True democracy doesn't work. That's why the United States is a Republic. True democracy is majority rule. Or more accurately, mob rule.

I like the expression:
Democracy is 3 wolves and 1 sheep, each with equal vote, voting on whats for dinner.

I don't know if Ben Franklin actually said this(though some sites credit him for it), but there is a part after it that reads: "Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome."

I like it with or without the ending. The first part gets the point across just fine.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Funny and (amusingly) good point, OP.

Maybe that was the test, to see if we were ready for them to take total control.

"Let's see if they buy the 'Bedtime for Bonzo' guy in the white house...."

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Before you go denigrating the late, great President Reagan, I do encourage you to do a little more research on the man. He was much more than just an actor, and actually had a bachelors degree in economics and sociology before he even started acting.

As Reagan's film career began to plateau, he landed a job as host of the weekly television drama series The General Electric Theater, in 1954. Part of his responsibility as host was to tour the United States as a public relations representative for General Electric. It was during this time that his political views shifted from liberal to conservative; he led pro-business discussions, speaking out against excessive government regulation and wasteful spending—central themes of his future political career.

Reagan stepped into the national political spotlight in 1964, when he gave a well-received televised speech for Republican presidential candidate Barry Goldwater, a prominent conservative. Two years later, in his first race for public office, Reagan defeated Democratic incumbent Edmund "Pat" Brown Sr. by almost 1 million votes, h winning the California governorship. He was re-elected to a second term in 1970. After making unsuccessful bids for the Republican presidential nomination in 1968 and 1976, Reagan finally received his party's nod in 1980. In that year's general election, he defeated Democrat incumbent President Jimmy Carter, winning the Electoral College (489 to 49) and capturing almost 51 percent of the popular vote. At age 69, Reagan was the oldest person elected to the U.S. presidency.

www.biography.com...

Schwartzenegger, however, just got lucky enough to marry into the kennedy clan.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by KlassifiedWhy would you want to start a thread out by basically saying anyone who disagrees with you is stupid? 6 times no less. If you're that staunch, what is it you were looking to discuss? You left no room for discussion.

Sure why not, you can discuss whatever you want. I am only expressing my feelings and opinion for the moment, right or wrong.

True democracy doesn't work. That's why the United States is a Republic. True democracy is majority rule. Or more accurately, mob rule. Where the majority can take away the individual rights of the minority.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands..."

It's true, but we are led to believe otherwise with Presidents and politicians always calling our country a 'democracy', and talk about spreading 'democracy'; it's deception. Democracy is also what a lot of people wish and fighting for.
edit on 25-1-2013 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam
Funny and (amusingly) good point, OP.

Maybe that was the test, to see if we were ready for them to take total control.

"Let's see if they buy the 'Bedtime for Bonzo' guy in the white house...."

Lol... I really think that is true.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFXUltimately it is the POTUS whom decides though (as GWB puts it, he is the decider)...

I really, really, really doubt that.

new topics
top topics

join