It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Insane' Mother Who Drowned Daughter, Released From Jail After Regaining Sanity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
hi all

This is crazy. She drowned her 3 year old daughter, and she only did 3 frikin years wtf? What kind of maeeage does this send? The prosecuters are gonna appealbut shes probably out for good..

www.dailymail.co.uk...

mother who was deemed insane after drowning her three-year-old daughter in the bathtub has been allowed to walk free from jail just three years later - because doctors say she regained her sanity.

Jennifer Bigham, from Modesto, California, admitted killing the toddler in 2010 and was found not guilty of murder by reason of insanity.
After doctors ruled she is now sane, Bigham has been allowed to walk free and was released from jail on Tuesday.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

video at the link

edit on 25-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Any parent who kills there child should be put to death. I'm not without feeling and I don't believe in shariah law per say but in my mind, if you could take the life of your own child, what potential harm could you possibly do to people you don't know if your "mind isn't right".

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

100% agree. only 3 years!!!! its ridiculous

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
She most likely played the system. They released her because she accepted the fact that she did it and put on some pity remorseful show just to get out But something says, nothing is going to stop her if she happens to get pregnant and has another child. Surely this woman shouldn't breed and hopefully they put stipulations about future children. Like, getting her tubes tied for one.

edit on 25-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Having the knowledge of what she's done, how could she regain her sanity?

Wouldn't she have slipped back once she had realised

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
you do the crime , you do the time,
A bullet in the head..... sorry.
I had 2 Colicky kids, they grew out of it, WTFH was her excuse?
My kids are honor roll students, Thanks to tyhe mother, your kid could've discovered the cure for cancer.
Freakin' drug addicts............
DAMN.......

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Maybe the worst punishment of all is that she now has to live with this for the rest of her life.Were i in charge,she would not have been released before having a mandatory sterilisation.Safer for her to not conceive ever again-im not saying this out of hateful spite either,but after such a catastrophic breakdown,to drown her own child,i dont think its wise to allow her to be a mother again-ever.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Any parent who kills there child should be put to death. I'm not without feeling and I don't believe in shariah law per say but in my mind, if you could take the life of your own child, what potential harm could you possibly do to people you don't know if your "mind isn't right".

It not like it was accidental or anything, this bird should be behind bar for at least 20 years regardless of her magical recovery.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
i thought that if you were 'cured' you had to stand trial, whats the story here?

ETA I see she did go to trial, and found not guilty, okay..
Now, while this is in appeals, whats to stop her from skipping out of the country to somewhere there is no extradition, if the appeals are upheld?
edit on 1/25/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Even if your sentiment is in the right place, your reasoning is not. The simple fact is, even if this person committing the murder while not in the right state of mind, all she has proven is that when she is not in the right state of mind she becomes a murderer. Thousands, if not a few million people have moments of insanity where they do not kill someone. Sometimes stress causes something to break, sometimes they become slightly violent, but the vast majority do not become killers.

People who plead temporary insanity for murder should get help, but afterwards they need to be segregated from the community as they have proven themselves to be a unacceptable menace to the community.

--
As a side note, along side claims of being victims of abuse, insanity pleas seem to be societies "get women out of jail" cards. As America like most Western nations is a Social Matriarchy(meaning at a social level America is a Matriarchy), women are often immune to the law or the full effect of the law in much the same way free citizens in ancient Sumeria had to answer to lesser charges for killing people beneath their station in society.
edit on 1-2-2013 by korathin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join