It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone have Tron 3 updates?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I am pretty certain that there is a sequel to Tron Legacy and allot of news articles on the internet are almost confirming that Disney is in the process of creating a script. But I need updates!. I'm a huge fan of the tron films even tho tron 1 wasn't all that good aside from being ahead of its time in visual effects. Tron 1 was lacking in story. just the fact that Keven Flynn risks himself getting trapped on the grid just for proof that his ideas for his video games were stolen seemed insignificant to the plot of Tron Legacy. Honestly, whats more important? video games or a chance to better humanity using technology? Granted he did need the money he made from Encom for his research on creating his grid. But Tron 1 could have had a better plot.

Tron 3 does have room for story but whats going on with it? all I know is it takes place a day after Tron legacy Quara is working with Sam on improving humanity genetically they are probably dating to, and Allan Bradly is now helping to run Encom along with Sam. Could Keven return after re-integrating with Clu? this might seem like wishful story plotting but I was thinking that Allan could get a page from Keven's lab (from Keven himself) saying "I'm here Help me." So Sam, Quara, and Allan go back to the lab to see where the page came from. I bring this up as a possible plot because people say that Jeff Bridges may want to have some roll in Tron 3. And remember that he died in a computer environment which may be different from dying in the real world and his essence may still be stored somewhere in the system along with Tron as well possibly. And this plot idea does give a good reason for revising the grid again.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
My friend was telling me that Disney might ditch tron now that they have SW locked down.

He said that depending on how the popularly of the animated cartoon that they will continue with it.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
They shouldn't just ditch it. They would probably make about the same amount of profits as they did with legacy back in 2010. Honestly I don't know why Hollywood does this. A movie that can make double or even triple its budget gets delayed or canceled half way through a script. The Halo movie franchise as a fine example of the incompetence of studios in Hollywood. If they went ahead with Halo Combat Evolved rather than Peter Jackson drooping it for District 9, Halo Combat Evolved the movie would have probably made billions on the first week with the amount of fans who would run out and see it opening night and so on. And besides the tron cartoon should have an inevitable ending anyway considering its based before the events in legacy so regardless how well the Tron cartoon does they should continue with a Tron 3 for the fans of the actual movie.

join