It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resurrected, Renewed, and Hell Bent Upon Something!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
My today was spent partly moderating here on ATS, partly playing The Sims 2 - a game that I am years behind the curve on, recently discovered, and have a great deal of fun with ( making those little bastages go to work, eat, sleep, and make enough woohoo to get promoted at their jobs is a great way to make hours literally vanish! ), and partly looking for subjects that might make good ATS threads.

That last part, though fruitless for today, is something that I am actually stoked about. It's been probably a solid month since I even wanted to research anything to write a thread about. I don't know if this is a mechanism of the entire 2nd amendment fiasco that we're currently enduring, or maybe the result of the health issues I was (knock wood and hope that it is actually over ) having. Either way, the passion was gone and now it's back. THAT is a great feeling!

Overall, even though there were negatives involved in the journey, the destination is proving out to be a killer place indeed! For a very long time, prior, I'd become somewhat jaded and entrenched in my ways of thinking. I'd grown quite pessimistic and impatient - even aggressive in my nature. Not just here, but everywhere - including my real life. I'd become quite the ass and I didn't even notice it.

So, to those who I've been an ass towards here, please accept my humble and sincere apologies. It was not my intention to be gruff or short-tempered. Age, physical maladies, and probably an overdose of information led me astray and into the realm of general and overall assery. This is by no means my nature or normal way of being - and I resolve to keep tabs on my demeanor and disposition to try and avoid the state of assitude that I'd fallen into from now on. I'm usually a jovial and fun guy - that's the person I want to project in my world, including here. In fact, if you see me slipping, please feel free to shoot me a U2U letting me know that I'm backsliding. I promise to take it in a positive way and as helpful and constructive observation and criticism. Though, I'll state up front, if I receive such a message ten minutes after I've moderated one of your posts, I'll probably take it with a grain of salt.

The overall point is that refreshed eyes are an amazing thing! In the past 24 hours, give or take, I've really come back to understanding why I love this place so damned much. My vacation from posting has been like a second honeymoon for ATS and I - and the passion is back! I'm really filled with an eagerness to go forth and root out some really good information to base threads upon. I want to find some gems in hiding. In fact I've already got one, though it's rather ambitious in scope and it is entirely possible that I'll lose interest or get sidetracked long before ever bringing it to life. But, cest' la vie, that's the way it's always been for me here. Some ideas come into being easy - others linger on for weeks, drive me nuts, and end up with me laughing hysterically as I delete all of my notes and links in a fit of vengeful frustration. It makes one long for the days of paper writing - as a bonfire would be oh so much more satisfying than simply pushing a delete key. But, hey, ya work with what ya have.

I guess the main message I wanted to convey to the community here is sorry for the times I've fallen short, thanks so much for all of the support and participation in the things I've done here, and lookout - because I am back with intent and malice!

Thanks ATS - you people are amazing,

~Heff

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

No, dude, you are amazing.

Welcome back (I knew it was gonna be you).
edit on 25-1-2013 by Xoanon because:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Welcome back Heff, looking forward to reading your threads and adding some of my hopefully pertinent or cheeky comments.

Hope the foot issue has been sorted out?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
And here I thought you bought a Harley during this mid life crisis.

Welcome Back...

So, where was the lucky vacation spot?

Not in bannedville I hope.

edit on 25-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Good to hear your health is better and you still have some fire left in ya!

SIMs2,it's always a good thing to pretend to be God or a tycoon.
Put's everything into perspective.

Welcome back,Heff.

top topics

join