It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100,000 Birds Exhibit Strange Behavior In East Tennessee, United States

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I live 3 hours from you in TN and made a video, they are incredibly loud!

*I know this is normal*
edit on 26-1-2013 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I often hunt snakes by listening to the bird's. They will get very excited and panicky when snakes are around.

Birds will go silent when human presence is sensed.

I would say it depends on the type of birds. Blue jays and Mocking birds go crazy over cats.

I had a crow or a raven that sat on the power pole last week for about 30 minutes for no reason was cawing frantically and then flew off cawing even worse. I think that bird was nuts it reminded me of some of those street people who talk to themselves out loud.

I have had the house sparrows around here go quiet when I toss seed out for them.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Staroth

I live 3 hours from you in TN and made a video, they are incredibly loud!

edit on 26-1-2013 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

That is normal behaviour for Starlings.

Swifts are another bird that make a lot of noise as they huddle in old buildings and chimneys.

A pair of Peacocks were allowed to roam our neighborhood for a while and they were always crying out "help". a few time police were called because it sounded as if someone was crying our for help.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I live fairly close to the area (about 30 mins east). I haven't noticed anything like the OP, but I will start paying more attention.

I don't know if it could be related in any way, but I heard a very strange explosion sound last night. It definitely was not a gun or a car crash. The closest description I could give is the sound of thunder, but that was not it either. I have no idea what it was. I live in a very small town (we only have one red light lol), so this kind noise really stands out. I stepped outside to see if I could identify the source. I had no luck, but it was eerily silent afterwards.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Ahh nothing to fear mate. Just an avian protest of your establishment is all.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Visceral

There have been a lot of these loud booms/explosion sounds as of late all across the country. Sometimes they are linked to earth tremors and sometimes they aren't. We had one up in maine that was linked to a small earth quake but I have never heard an earth quake make this type of sound. It actually consisted of two large boom/explosion noises. Is it the sound that is shaking the earth? There have also been reports of people seeing flashes in the sky associated with these sounds. If you google loud booms you will get all sorts of recent reports from across the country and the world over the last year or so in the MSM. Often they will write it off as a kid playing with explosives or something like that but if you dig a little deeper that usually turns out to be a quick answer to keep the public at ease. I have some theories but I will keep them to myself at this point.........

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Similar to you, I have lived in this area (north of you about 30 minutes, up the same main road actually) for around 35 years. You mentioned the sky noises. When was the last one you heard? I have insomnia a lot and heard it 2 nights ago around 3AM.

Birds were going sometime last week that I noticed. They flew up the ridge, circled, back down the ridge, then took off down the road. Like they were confused? I thought about this last time I noticed, and picked up a small compass to keep with me, and next time I see them behaving in such a manner I am going to pull it out and see if there is any fluctuations.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

After thinking about it for a while and swimming around ATS, I wonder if the murder of these birds has any sort of connection with the massive reduction in the bee population?

Maybe not, but it is suspicious to me anyway.

reply to post by works4dhs

Actually, it has been asked about fracking before, when I reported the 'Strange Sky-Noise Phenomena'

The last I remember, there may have been a fracking sight in the region, but not in the local area. I think it was located some 95-98 miles away.

That's a good base question to ask and get out of the way or identify the source. In this case, I believe it can be ruled out, with a fairly high % of certainty, as not being related to the events around here.

reply to post by Staroth

Thanks for posting the video you made.

Where do you live in Tennessee? It is not normal in this area, in the foothills, this time of year. Tennessee is a state with a wide range of topographical variation. What could be normal for you (3 hours away from me) may not be the norm for other areas with differing landscapes/

reply to post by ChesterJohn

Yes, there are lots of things that can influence change in the bahovior of wild life. While the area I live in does have it's rural areas, the specific place I live is considered suburban. There are many trees in the area, but there is not lots of undergrowth in the specific area where I witnessed some of the strange behavior. In fact, the groung below the trees, in the woods, is much like you'd find in a 'park' setting.

I have a clear view of the area from my office, which has allowed me to see these things as they happen. There may have been a predator, such as a snake, in the area. There was not, however, any other predator in the area at the time.

If the resulting behavior was produced by a cat, there would need to be several cats and they would need to be on the prowl constantly throughout the day. That's because the sheer number of the birds was much to vast to be responding to a single predator's threat.

They just covered way too much area to be affected by a single predator. If there were multpile predators causing the situation, then I believe I would have easily spotted at least one of them, as the workers and myself were constantly watching the area and behavior throughout the day.

The odd behavior and subsequent mass-die off seem very probable to be link in some manner. I don't think a predator could do that... unless they have evolved some new hunting tactic, wherein they scare the prey so much that they just drop out of the sky... kind like a fainting goat with wings.

reply to post by Visceral

Might have been someone at Bush's Beans plant tooting for relief!

Cosby?

The workers here all admitted that they have never seen anything like what's been going on recently. They all live within about 45miles of the shop. I told a couple of them some of the questions and suggesstions being asked and they agreed that they would be asking the same things, had they not witnessed it with their own eyes and ears... I would too.

reply to post by Hijinx

Ah, they have nothing to fear, personally, I am only demolishing the trees in other countries, haha... I won't mess with their oaks, walnuts, maples, or hickory tree houses.... they must have gotten word from distant relatives that I an clear-cutting their neighborhoods!

P.S. I am not really clear-cutting anything, anywhere... and the exotics I use are not products of clear-cutting efforts.

reply to post by tnhiker

The last time I heard it and was certain it was the same thing I had heard before was several months ago. However, I thought I was hearing it several days ago. I couldn't be 100% sure though, because it didn't happen at the same time, didn't last nearly as long, and the tones were not heard in the same pattern.

The earliest I have heard it is @ 4.00a-5.00a and lasting a few hours. The noise from a few days ago happened around 12a and lasted less than 1h30m.

I also heard a similar noise around 2p, several days ago.
edit on 26-1-2013 by esteay812 because: QWERTYerr

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

After thinking about it for a while and swimming around ATS, I wonder if the murder of these birds has any sort of connection with the massive reduction in the bee population?

Maybe not, but it is suspicious to me anyway.

It is hard to say, just how all of life is being affected by these constant poisons both intentional and inadvertant, but I doubt it's all 'coincidental' that we are seeing these effects. Perhaps some of the strange bird behavior is just watching and hearing the noises made by birds that have just consumed a fatal toxin. I have to wonder how many other harmless songbirds and beneficial birds are killed as well by these eradication efforts.

As regards bees many things have been hypothecized, from a virus, to GMOs, to man made EM disturbances, or perhaps some combination. It won't be good to lose our polinators unless of course, ummm your a big corporation that sells competeing products that don't need them.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper

Originally posted by StrangeOldBrew
Most, if not all, of the mass bird die offs are a result of the USDA's program to poison them. It is called "Bye Bye Blackbird", was disclosed on their website, and at one point they even had an estimated count of birds they have poisoned. The program is meant to reduce or eliminate the population of "pest" birds that are a (minor) threat to American crops, especially corn and wheat.

Regarding the "strange behavior", I'm not really sure that its that strange. Large flocks of birds are not that unusual, and there are a number of things that could attract them to a building or specific area, like a food source or a heat source.

Take a look at the trees in your area; are they fruit bearing trees? And I don't mean apples or oranges; I mean berry type fruits. This time of winter, food can sometimes be hard to come by for many animals, and food sources will often attract large numbers.

Where's your link, please? You claim this was on their website, can you provide a link? If this is no secret, then why do they come up with so many excuses about the die-offs rather than just tell us they poisoned them?

There's an entire thread on ATS about it from a couple years ago. It is an operation that was proposed in the 60's and continues today.

Here, for you people without fingers:

List of Animals Taken by Wildlife Services
edit on 27-1-2013 by StrangeOldBrew because: (no reason given)

Scroll down to blackbirds, redwing, you will see estimated intentional euthanizations at almost one million in 2009 alone. There are several other bird species that were culled by over a million as well. Basically what this operation does is allow farmers to complain about crop loss, at which time the USDA or Wildlife Services will put out poisoned food for the birds. Of course, collateral damage from other animals eating the dead birds are not tallied by the USDA.
edit on 27-1-2013 by StrangeOldBrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

Until recently, I was unaware of just how reliant we are on the bees. I knew they pollinated, but I was under the impression that there are many other, equally important, pollinators. I never thought about the consequences that would come with the loss of honey bees, I assumed they were simply 'not that important' and nature would have no problem compensating for them.

I wish I had the money to open a R&D facility, specializing in nano-tech and the fabrication of the tiny tech. It would be awesome to develop a 'species' of nano-bots whose sole purpose would be to artificially pollinate our crops.

They could be designed as a 'nano-dust' that could be sprayed over the crops, much the same way as pesticides are administered. They could move the pollen from one plant to another.

How could we get the nano-bots to leave the plant they landed on with pollen for pollination?

Maybe we could design a feature for the nano-bots that would allow them to transfer pollen they find. The solution could come by making the nano-bots so they are highly sensitive to magnetic fields. A magnetic charge would then need to be introduced to the crops as a way to manipulate the tiny, magnet sensitive nano-bots.

There could be a few options to manipulate the bots, such as; attaching a magnetic field generator to a crop duster, then flying over the treated crops to disturb pollen loaded nano-bots.

Maybe crop tractors could be fitted with a device that produces a magnetic field, strong enough to successfully interact with the nano-bots, then driven throughout the treated area.

I am not sure if there is anything like this already, but a device that could broadcast strong pulses of magnetic fields could be used in the manipulation of the bots.

My idea may bee too far out there in sci-fantasy land to hold any weight. However, successfully producing a tech of this capacity would be sweeter than honey! As far as I know, this is feasible.We can't bumble around trying to make something like this a reality, or starvation and massive population reduction may sting us sooner than anyone could imagine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join