It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Years of being nosey. Hundreds of threads read. I live in Canada, and I hate soup!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thanks JohnnyA. I'm firmilliar with those threads but I must still thank you for the quick links. Incase I do run into any issues or need guidance its nice to not have to search for them. I most definately look forward to contributing in this community.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodDocGonzo

Howdy GoodDocGonzo! And thank you for the warm welcome friend. The plunge wasn't to bad luckily, i'm fortunate enough to have my water wings with me at all times! I've come to notice that alot of memmbers around here have been long time lurkers. It helps me.... feel...... less..... " guilt ". Kidding aside, I look forward to finally contributing around here.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Perhaps you just haven't found the right person? I fell in love and was converted by a bowl of bun rieu. Coinkydink? No. Not after 39 years. It was definitely the company.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

What "aboutface"?. Sorry I couldn't help myself. I totally dig the name friend. I most certainly feel your pain, we had the heat cranked up to 78'F in the house because a few of my neighbours had there pipes freeze over the past couple days. I gotta say 8 degrees can make a huge difference. It's usually kept around 68'-70'F and doesnt normally exceed that. I like hot liquids to drink during the winter. I seldom find myself drinking coffee or hot coco any other time of year. I like to drink hot liquids but not eat them?!? Go figure.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJestersDance

I can honestly say there isn't a forum on here that i haven't viewed and enjoyed multiple times.

Except the RATS forum (Really Above Top Secret)...but you'll get to that soon enough...

Welcome to ATS...Enjoy the ride (it seems as though you already have been).

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
See, Canadians are even funny and nice on posts too!!

Hey OP,

Im from Ontario as well.. well Toronto to be specific.

Too many people with degrees are looking for jobs, companies are paying the lowest of the salary range for the job, because, they know that people won't refuse, because if you leave, there is another sap looking to get the same job for less pay.

Advancement is not in Western countries anymore.
edit on 1/25/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Welcome aboard fellow Canuck. As a Bluenoser I've got to ask.... what about chowder?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I can't imagine anyone really hating soup, but hey, what are churches for, right? Haha. Welcome to the posting! Since you've read so many threads, you're already familiar with how things work and recourses offered for any problem that might arise. I've never been to Canada, but I did frequent a spot in northern Minnesota, so I'm at least familiar with the weather.

I'm not a MOD, but if there's anything I may be able to help with, don't hesitate to ask. I really hope you get all the positive attributes that ATS and its members have to offer.

PS You have a scary Jester.

edit on 25-1-2013 by Divine Strake because: comment about the scary jester was added. Seriously, though, it freaks me out. Ha ha

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

Hello chasingbrahman and thanks for stopping by! Well I'm pretty sure if I told my wife I didn't find the right person, I probably wouldn't ever return and I just finally got here! But regarding what you said, I can totally understand and relate to that. Good company makes all the difference in the world.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Hey isyeye. Here for 2 days and already i've mad a liar out of myself. Well what I guess I ment to say is, the forums that can be viewed by non-contributing data snoops is where my jams been for along while. I always figured there was some mystical unknown reservoir of information and data that was strictly members only! I am most definately intruiged about diving into that in due time!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Hello luciddream, can you believe i've been to toronto 9 only times, drove or walked by the cn tower every single time and still never actually stopped there? Everyone i've ended up traveling with has been there before and didn't feel like taking 10 minutes to check it out with me. Have you been there? Is it really that drag? I Know what you mean about degrees. My wife is a certified dental assistant level 2 and registered dental hygenist with 3 million $ in insurance, has voluntered countless hours at free Oral Hygeine clinics and still struggles to find full time work in her field. Its nice to know that your 40,000$ in school loans and the 4 years spent educating and practicing garuntees you a minimum wage job and a struggle to make it successful in your field.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

* Get To Da Chow-dah* (Arnold Schwarzenegger voice)

Hey intrepid, thanks for comming by. I do enjoy a good chowder. But It depends, the thicker the better, the juicier the sadder. I can never say no to a fresh clam chowder though. I can thank my grandparents who lived out on the east coast for that precious gem!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

Hey Divine Strake and thanks for the encouraging words and the offer of support. Its good to know that even though I have been comming here for a longtime and reading up I am new to posting, because of that I haven't studdied guide lines to a Tee and may run into issues here and there. But recently I'm finding myself spending more and more time reading up on them but it's still nice to know the helps there if needed.

The jester looking mean is what I was going for, It supports my name and my overall feeling of how the world works. Kings rule and dictate while jesters simply dance and entertain them at thier own expense. Merely pawns in a vast ocean of fools. The angry jester on strings symbolizes to me the great awakening of people and the realization that we must stand still and hold our ground before we begin to sway on our strings and entertain our masters again. Thanks to the internet age and communities like this, the awakening has begun!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Mmmm, soup *drools & slobbers* (/end Homer Simpson mode)

I bid you a warm welcome and look forward to reading your contributions from the chilly North.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJestersDance

CN Tower is good to see, at least once.

I seen it many times, but only been inside 1, its nothing big....restaurant on the top is rather expensive lol, and the food is okay.

I have no doubt in about 15 years, Toronto would be like Manhatten,NYC

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
8 Years lurking?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I can see that you got more replies about the soup part than anything

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hello and welcome

I look forward to hearing about your experiences! Please post them!!

As for soup, well I can maybe get you to like soup again

Homemade soup is a favorite of mine to make esp with fresh homemade bread. MMMMMM!

What other topics do you enjoy?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Hey! I would have to say my favourite topics are the universe and learning about physics even though i am not a physicist. UFO's/Extraterrestrial life and ancient cultures have both always intruiged me as well. I hate the military industrial complex but I do happen to love alot of the things the make, I absolutely love weapons and researching them from bullets to missles. I've been writting music and movie scripts as a hobby for the past few years. A creative piece of art in anyform always gets me brain spinning. I've always had a vivid imagination and im not affraid to push my minds boundaries.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nolabel

Thanks friend, Ill take your avatars advice and do my best to not feed the trolls around here!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join