Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Doing the unthinkable, yes the US has banned it...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Seems like USA states had been taken over by the TALIBAN, banning here and there without indepth research and studies.

At least the Taliban can claim ignorance and stupidity, for majority of them are just plain stupid, but ALL state legislators have college degrees!!!! What the heck happened??? Drinking too much floride water, or living in disneyland fantazies, out of touch with the majority?

Is america too much at peace that those elected clowns will do anything stupid, to justify their existance? Rather than to deal with the CRITICAL ISSUES such as national debts, proper heathcare, unemployment, means tests for social welfare programmes???!!!!

Sack and impeach the tinpot tyrants, all of them if they wanna push their own personal agendas, or serve the loud, vocal but minority using manipulated statistics and polls, instead of working honestly and with conscience to the national oath, on behalf of its electorate.
edit on 25-1-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

At least when alcohol was banned,

It will be the same with what ever kind of gun they ban. Gun runners instead of whiskey runners. Only the results will be far more dead cops. There are to many out there from the get rich or die culture. Watch and see. And as Will Sonnet use to say. No brag just fact's.

SnF
edit on 25-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
If it wasn't for the ban on sliced bread... we would have never won the war.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7 "Cigarettes should be banned. 2nd hand smoke hurts everyone."

then they better ban cars. exhaust fumes are 100% lethal.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I hope they dont ban "passing gas", otherwise I'll be forced to go on "silent mode".

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuttle

Tuttle

I live in Canada - the only additives allowed in Tobacco for about 15 years now is flavoring like menthol or Ammonia

Ammonia is used to raise the pH of smoke in order to allow the smoker to inhale the smoke into the lungs. Ammonia is used in cigarettes for this purpose. The use of ammonia to raise the pH allows the nicotene to be absorbed by lung tissue and makes the smoke less harsh.

Ammonia is not used in pipe tobacco. Pipe smokers do not typically inhale smoke because the smoke is too harsh. The nicotene in pipe tobacco is absorbed by the oral tissues of the mouth.

The hundreds or thousands of chemicals referred to by anti-smokers is, in fact, the by-product of the combustion of an organic. All smoke is comprised of more or less the same chemicals when organics are burned. This includes wood, charcoal, food and petro-chemicals.

For millenia, man burned organics for the purpose of heating their homes and cooking their food. Man has lived in the presence of heavy smoke for millenia.

96 % of tobacco smoke is WATER. The chemicals you are referring to are contained in the other 4 % and have concentrations in the parts per trillion or parts per quadrillion. In fact, most of the "chemicals" in smoke are present in concentrations so minor that their presence is generally inferred to be present because they cannot be measured by current scientific methods.

Don't think you know everything or have been told everything.

Tired of Controls Freaks

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by iRateGenius2397
reply to post by Ahabstar

so what happens when they ban drinking bottled water, or buying gas for a certain amount, or lioving without a microchip implanted in your head or hand? Face it. we are approaching the end.

And this is what those pushing for gun legislation do not realize...That a precedent would be set that will just further the decline of American civil liberties and Constitutional rights. I get so mad at those who do not realize or care that many people died, suffered hardships, and spent a whole lot of time thinking and debating over our rights and our Constitution. And now they do not even care when some insane legislators, who are in the pockets of lobbyists, who do not care for your interests, are attempting to change things.

Gun rights were not included via the 2nd amendment so that people could go have fun shooting them. They serve a purpose that is ESSENTIAL to democracy, which is that the people have the power to oppose the government if necessary. It is a necessary safeguard, and the ONLY way to ensure continued liberty and democracy. Slowly our rights are being taken away, and this is called conditioning. They will not come for guns right away, but will pass ILLEGAL legislation leading up to the event.

And mind you it is highly illegal for the Federal government to even make laws regarding arms. If debated by the Supreme Court, they would realize the INTENTION the Founding Fathers had, and therefore could not condone any regulation. This is if they truly follow the Constitution, which they are supposed to do, and what they gained office for. Any politician who does not serve the American people by upholding past laws, especially those so sacred as to be instituted at our country's founding, should be tried for treason.

Patriotism is not supporting your nation no matter what. Patriotism is upholding the standards of laws that have been put in place, and if that means opposing your government, then that is fine. It is not unpatriotic by any means. Those who are pushing for gun legislation are not patriotic, and in fact are enemies of democracy, for they wish to take away our main tool of maintaining democracy. How can people not realize this? Are they blind, stupid, or do they have their own agenda, or what?

Some of you people are way too trusting of our government, and you should not be. Throughout the life of this country the majority of our politicians have given us many reasons to doubt their abilities and motives, especially in the last couple of decades. You should take into account all of the illegal acts perpetrated by the government recently. It is ridiculous that anyone would trust POLITICIANS to do the right thing, and not seek MORE power. If they are able to, which they would be if we have no arms, someone WILL try a power grab. It has been seen repeatedly in other countries, and firearms, or lack of them on a mass scale by a population, are the main reason democracy does not exist in every part of the world.

For those who uphold righteousness and the law are more numerous than those who oppose it. And those who oppose it will get arms somewhere, no matter if they are illegal or not. While those who obey the law are slaughtered because they choose not to break the law. And some of you are so gullible to think that this could never happen in America. Wake up and open your eyes.

America is not immune to the whims and greed of certain people, and the only thing protecting us now is the one thing you want taken away. You should be ashamed of yourselves for both your lack of understanding and your promotion of "terroristic" ideals. It is not those who support the 2nd amendment who are terrorists, but YOU, those of you who wish to nullify my rights, that so many people died and suffered to give me. You can bet I will not give ANY of those rights up without a fight, and many others will not either. So you are the terrorists, not us.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

Take off the blinders and see who is behind all the gun bans, soda bans and what not in NY.

Don't take my word for it, look for yourself......they were brought about by the left in NY.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This is redonkulous~

I'll star the OP as "Ain't nothing hotter since the invention of Sliced Bread". I can honestly say I never knew about this band and thanks for that post. It made me laugh knowing that our government acted the same way back when I wasn't even born.

Now, hasn't everyone learned? Everything is bad for you?

I am a smoker. I enjoy my smoking. I am an American and If I choose to die by tobacco and suffocation or emphasima that is my decision and I will use my first amendment right to tell you so (In complete Ignorance)

Why because it's the American way gosh darn nabbit~

But this is about the Sliced Bread..... Think of your poor Mummy slicing away.... Tisk Tisk~

I can't even buy a coke without someone with the provoking words of " You know that's bad for you "

NOooooooo........ Really? Enlighten me oh Grand Master with your knowledge of health! (That sarcasm stunk sorry =_=)

The OP shows that the Government is Willing to give up your sliced bread... Dun dun dun.... WHAT WON"T THEY DO~!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle
To be perfectly honest cigarettes should be banned shouldnt they?, I mean its not like even a matter of personal freedoms, cigarettes have been purposefuly pushed onto an unwitting society for decades, despite the fact they are a lethal health hazard.

Im a smoker by the way.

But lets be honest, Big Tobacco, good guys are they?, personal freedoms and liberty of the people at heart have they?, lol, they are as bad as arms dealers.

I don't care if they're good guys or not. There are enough bad guys to go around and the tobacco people are not even in the same league as the people who will tell us we have a right to free healthcare and then (once elected) pass a law that requires us to buy health insurance or pay a fine disguised as a tax.

And I smoked 3 packs a day for 20 years until 2006.
edit on 25-1-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuttle

When you say arms dealers I assume you mean illegal arms dealers, or military industrial complex as opposed to gun shops.. right?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

I should like to let you know how important sliced bread is to the morale and saneness of a household.

Sliced bread is important to the American household? Saneness and Moral? Are you kidding?

This just sums up a very poor set of priorities and perhaps sheds a little light on why Americans are allowing themselves to be taken down the rabbit hole. All because sliced bread is high on the list of what rights need to be protected.

Oh, I could go on but I believe I need a sammich...cut by my own hands. How primitive is that?

Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
The whole point is government is not in charge of rights and does not have the authority to ban them.

Sliced bread persay is not a right, but the right to life and liberty infer we the right to have our bread however we darn well want it.

It I have the money to buy it and someone has the means to produce, then I have a right to it.

That is freedom.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Good grief !?!

Please stop trying to inject atheism into every discussion.

Typical left-winger trying to de-rail the conversation with nonsense that doesnt apply to the topic.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Gotta love progressive liberals they know what is best for everyone accept themselves. They are nothing more than a plastic bag flapping around during a windy day. Why do we let such cowardly arrogant intolerant progressives rule our lives?

Fear that is why, this is the tool of choice for them and the so called cause. They live in fear and misery loves company so they use it every chance they get. Just wait until the everybody wins nobody loses generation takes power.
They can not even stand up straight and look you in the eyes they live in such fear of everything. Many parents bought into the lies of the progressive and raised weak,foolish,lazy,apathetic offspring.

We reap what we sow. We let the fox into the hen house and told him no one would judge him for eating all the hens.
edit on 26-1-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

To be perfectly honest cigarettes should be banned shouldnt they?, I mean its not like even a matter of personal freedoms, cigarettes have been purposefuly pushed onto an unwitting society for decades, despite the fact they are a lethal health hazard.

Im a smoker by the way.

But lets be honest, Big Tobacco, good guys are they?, personal freedoms and liberty of the people at heart have they?, lol, they are as bad as arms dealers.

When a government outlaws or bans specific items that we've always had the freedom to possess (guns and tobacco come to mind) it is NOT the items that we are losing in the process. What is taken away is your personal freedom to choose.

Sure, there are some things that should be outlawed, such as heroine and coc aine, but the problem is that there are lines that a government should not cross, but doesn't know where those lines are. You have to remember that this is YOUR life. You should have the right to live it the way you see fit, as long as you don't take that right away from others.

If someone wants to take away my "choice" to smoke cigarettes, then I should have the right to take away someone's choice to drink alcohol.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by iRateGenius2397

A town in Maine already gave in to some nut and banned bottled water.

My question is, where is the sense in fighting to ban cigarettes or classify them as drugs? While at the same time fighting to make pot legal?

I can smoke a cigarette with out it impairing me. I can still safely drive a car after smoking a cigarette.

WHY OH WHY ARE PEOPLE SO DUMB????????

They havent smoked enough pot......

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

reply to post by wondermost

Just remember, you don't HAVE to buy the cigarettes you smoke from the evil tobacco industry. Its your right, or freedom to choose to do so.

Well no thats just not true is it, my freedoms have been somewhat impaired by the insidiously addictive chemical compounds found in cigarettes. Sure its more than certainly up to me to try and stop, the funny thing with addiction is, it aint easy, there is enough junkies in the planet to testify to that, and even more American Idol Factor X Talent watchers who would whole heartedly agree[maybe not]

And remember when smoking was healthy for you?, remember those days?, wonder how much they spent on ad revenue over the years, millions, hundreds of millions?, billions?, hundreds of billions??

Yeah, freedom of choice. I like what your smoking good buddy.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

Your argument might have had a leg in 1965. In 1966 cigarette packs had to be labeled, "Caution: Cigarette Smoking May be Hazardous to Your Health." That means any one picking up a pack knew there was a chance they were hurting their self.

After 1970 any question was removed because cigarettes were labelled, "Warning: The Surgeon General Has Determined that Cigarette Smoking is Dangerous to Your Health." If you picked up a pack of cigarettes after 1970 and started puffing it was with full disclosure. You made a decision as an informed consumer and accepted the clearly stated warnings about the dangers.

It isn't the companies fault that you made a bad decision and started smoking. I say that as an on and off smoker of nearly two decades. I would never have the audacity to blame the companies for what I chose to do under full disclosure.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I am getting tired of all those gun threads. December 21. was so exiting to read and it was rather interesting, but now ALL ATS talks about are guns. I don't blame you USA, I just can't get over, why you still keep talking about this crap. We don't care what you do there, as long as you keep it to yourself, the rest is not important.
Post about something else - How is weather?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Im a smoker by the way.

Cigarettes and fatty folds help to make sure somebody post the working age of 65 does not cost too much, by making him croak as soon as possible after he retires.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join