It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Comedy Central show a subliminal encoded message?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

A television viewer thought he noticed something odd flash across the screen last evening, and lucky for us, his DVR was running and he was able to post the strange capture…a “very weird subliminal message”.

The flash, which was broadcast on Comedy Central during a commercial break, contains a huge block of text impossible to read unless paused, with several of the words highlighted as though important. Even weirder is that it seems to be an ode to financially troubled record store HMV. The highlighted words are VOICE, MEMORIES, COLLECTION, JOY, EXPERIENCE, and PROGRESS.

Some [believe] the bits could be part of a modern day “numbers station”, a sort of updated version of the radio signals used by spies to relay information to those who knew how to decipher it.

www.disinfo.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It would be best to rule out the possibility that the "subliminal message" wasn't in fact, the start to a regular commercial that would be aired in some regions, that had been eclipsed by a more local, or syndicated commercial, playing in their specific area...Sometimes, the local stations, aren't completely in sync, with the network's broadcasts...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
So...a link, complete with the "entire" article pasted here...no thoughts from the OP.

Gee...you must be new.

Please consider adding some personal thoughts on this story. Thanks.

MM

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterMandlebrot

I'd link to the original news story on the much more entertaining Who Forted blog, if I were you:

whofortedblog.com...

In any case.... Wow. Weird stuff. That article claims that there are other subliminals that CC has broadcast....

whofortedblog.com...

... But they look like they might be jokes. "Breed with caution time to panic"

ETA: oh, never mind. Looking at the comments at Who Forted, apparently CC has been doing this in the UK for ages. And they stay on the screen for a full second -- far too long to be properly SUBLIMINAL. Looks like it's just an overblown joke!
edit on 24-1-2013 by Solasis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

It's what everyone does these days....

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
so its was just words? any symbols? what made it eerie?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This isn't the first time. You guys remember the anonymous face on Colbert??

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

Do you have a link to that story by any chance?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It's not subliminal messaging. It's not government conspiracy. It's not secret coded messages sent by some underhanded group bent on world domination or destruction.

It's a guy who writes for Comedy Central having fun, his name is Adrian Mackinder. That's it.

www.adrianmackinder.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by csuldm

Better than that, I believe I still have the pictures I captured! My shots of it are better than the ones below, but you get the point. Also if you google something like "colbert show anonymous face" you'll see what I mean.

www.cbsnews.com...

But the last poster is right, it isn't really subliminal (yes it is, just not a bad subliminal), it is just CC being CC. Happens on Two and a Half Men too. LOL.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I have been photoing these messages for months now.

I can't find a code in them but sometimes there are a bit near the mark, especially when I know something is supposed to go down and it doesn't, these messages then change tack.

Maybe it's like that Operation Overlord crossword enigma, catching words from the aether???

Or maybe it is messages-if you aren't in the ring, you are never going to know what they are saying.

If I ever find out how to put photos online I will upload them all.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
I have been photoing these messages for months now.

I can't find a code in them but sometimes there are a bit near the mark, especially when I know something is supposed to go down and it doesn't, these messages then change tack.

Maybe it's like that Operation Overlord crossword enigma, catching words from the aether???

Or maybe it is messages-if you aren't in the ring, you are never going to know what they are saying.

If I ever find out how to put photos online I will upload them all.

Or as the poster above listed maybe its the guy working for CC who admitted he is doing it?

"Aside from the usual script editing/continuity writing, recently I’ve been charged with writing ‘subliminal’ messages that pop up momentarily on the TV screen in between the programmes. They’re fun to do as i have complete free rein to write about whatever I want.
They’ve caused a bit of a stir, with people posting these ‘hidden’ messages on YouTube and subsequent debate as to whether or not the Government is using secret mind control devices on the unsuspecting public. Here’s the deal. They’re not. Still, just because you’re paranoid, doesn’t mean they’re not after you…."

www.adrianmackinder.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Heck, Tosh.0 will occasionally have a frame of something right before credits roll. I wondered what it might be so DVR'd it........it was an extreme close-up of a paper cut.
ooooo, spooky
What earth shattering secret have I stumbled onto?

top topics

join