It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confusion in Corbin Kentucky over fake "quake"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by garygnu

Beautifully written! My thoughts as well, and I've always stated how funny it is that humans consider themselves/ourselves to be more advanced than mere animals. . .but the truth is we all still stand to learn from "animals". I mean they just simply survive, but WE need houses and stores and roads, etc. just to live. We should strive to continue to learn from them. If we want to learn, four leggeds have much, much to teach.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by garygnu

Interesting post...thanks. Since the axial tilt has changed and gravitational forces have changed due to planetary alignment and our relationship with the galactic center, is it possible that the earth is fracking itself? In 2007, they discovered vast underground oceans below our oceans. It was heralded as a possible explanation for Noah's flood as it was the only way to explain isolated saline water bodies - after flooded waters receded. It also would explain why there are cities 100's of feet below the water. So what if the change in tilt and forces is causing the water below the surface to move in a different way travelling through different underground caverns and fracturing the ground below? Water is a compressible hydraulic fluid, and it would explain the 1.0-3.0 earthquakes that occur in areas without a fault zone. Just a thought.
edit on 25-1-2013 by ibiubu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I have a theory about these occurrences, the seed of which came initially as a flash of inspiration, whilst I was contemplating something else entirely, around three weeks ago. I had at first neglected to write it down, and it slipped my mind when I became distracted with events at home recently.

I'm planning to do some quick collation of facts & event reports, and will post a summary of the phenomenon, plus my theory, in a thread soon - I'll be sure to link your thread, and invite you to share your thoughts, as well as others who have posted on the subject in recent times.

S & F - in particular I'm pleased that I saw this, as it's reminded me to put the theory down in a proper written context. Preliminarily, I'll say that my theory is based upon the inventive, large-scale application of an existing technology, for military purposes. In itself, I don't believe the phenomenon is a direct threat to humans, but I'm fairly certain that problems may result for us in the long-run (if the perpetrators don't carefully consider all the potential consequences of what they're doing..)

Cheers,

FITO.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

Allot of this going on, we need a Google map with all the locations, there are so many!
S & F
I am always interested in this sort of thing.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

Awesome, Fly, I can't wait to see your work.
2nd

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ibiubu

Good point, since all things, or most anyway, seem to balance themselves, the concept of self-fracking makes sense. It's like a cog in a machine, so long as there's balance, self maintenance can take form in the balance of a galactic equalibrium.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I think one thing is certain when it comes to these questionable rumblings: the fact that the goverment ISN'T involved in identifying the cause indicates that the government is already aware of what's happening. Whether they're the ones doing it is anyone's guess. But if the gov't had no idea what was causing this, these areas would be crawling with USGS seismologists.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>reply to post by chasingbrahman

Right, and we've all seen the pictures of the big horizontal drilling machines. Just like the Bluegrass Army Depot in Richmond, KY. Despite not knowing what they dug there, there are records from initial "construction" that indicate how much dirt was removed from the site. Of course, now I've been able to identify from photos just where the underground facility is.
edit on 25-1-2013 by Divine Strake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Reminds me of my area few days ago when I had a boom and shake in my area, was registered as a 3.0 and got me digging.

Look at this within 100km of my area (over 50 miles) there has been 29 earthquakes since 1973. 28 of those have been since 2008.

Data

For some reason most recent isn't showing.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

I just wanted to throw in the fact that we are living carbon-based life forms, Gaia (Mother Earth) could still possibly be alive in the sense that our planet could be one giant crystalline-based organism. Who really knows? Maybe she is and she is upset at all that is taking place on her "skin". Of course this could all just be another 18lbs (roughly $125 retail) of Tannerite that some fool thought he/she wanted to take a shot at...yeah, I bought that excuse last time, too....

edit on 25-1-2013 by evc1shop because: redacted a line and poor typing

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ashtonhz8907

You just gave me an idea. It could be that they're only saying that there's no viable source for the blasts, as government and coal companies here buddy up sometimes to protect one another. In eastern KY, there are people who have claims that mining companies have destroyed water supplies, ruined homes and are sometimes mining illegally on their property. Given that, it's possible that some company could be responsible for the tremors without having to go public about their activities.

It's alleged that miner's are told to be prepared for safety inspections in advance, and in those cases, some miners are allegedly told to keep quiet about other "activities".

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ibiubu
reply to post by garygnu

Interesting post...thanks. Since the axial tilt has changed and gravitational forces have changed due to planetary alignment and our relationship with the galactic center, is it possible that the earth is fracking itself? In 2007, they discovered vast underground oceans below our oceans. It was heralded as a possible explanation for Noah's flood as it was the only way to explain isolated saline water bodies - after flooded waters receded. It also would explain why there are cities 100's of feet below the water. So what if the change in tilt and forces is causing the water below the surface to move in a different way travelling through different underground caverns and fracturing the ground below? Water is a compressible hydraulic fluid, and it would explain the 1.0-3.0 earthquakes that occur in areas without a fault zone. Just a thought.
edit on 25-1-2013 by ibiubu because: (no reason given)

Thinking about underground caverns, one could imagine catastrophic consequence of underground flooding. In this video, skip to minute 3:30 and see what happens when water comes in contact with salt domes. Could they be collapsing thus the violent ground tremors?

www.youtube.com...

It was said by one poster that Mammoth Caves occupy the region. Perhaps a channel has dissolved and opened up a passage which in turn collapsed giving the feeling of earthquake tremors?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Interesting. If this was from some mining explosion, the authorities who collected the reports w9ould know that was going on. They would be able to tell people, and thus there would be no mystery. Here, we have occasional "window rattles", but there is a quarry not too far away, and when they blast, we feel it. Before we knew, we did call it in, and were told that was the case. If this was explosions, you would also not think they would be felt in four counties. Something that big would be making the news in more ways than unexplained reports! So, either this was some weird surface quake, that the geological folks haven't seen before, or something underground and secret, or something utterly unknown. It will be interesting to see if we get updates on this story.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ibiubu

Water is considered non compressible that is why its used to frack the ground if it were compressible there would be no cracks as it would just compress. Air is compressible that is why it isnt used the ground would just be a big compressor. Not trying to be a know it all just know about liquids.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by garygnu
You know how people think animals are dumb - trees and rocks don't have feelings but all societies have a Mother Earth Gaea Myth.

We have been proved wrong countless times that animals do have feelings. Thoughts and feelings are vibrational electrical charges that the human gives off as well as animals and inanimate objects.

Most people are too busy rushing around to hear what they themselves have to say about themselves including what our environment is saying. Few listen to their inner voice.

We are in a symbiosis with this planet and everything in it. Our planet is moving through the center of our galaxy and Gaea must have something to say about that. The noises we hear are her groaning to adjust to gravitational pulls, to interplanetary forces and we people are a part of that whether we like it or not.

The booms and other noises heard around the earth are Gaea. Gasping to catch up despite how harmfully we have treated her. Digging holes deep into her, Fracking the heck out of her, mining her gems and minerals to fit our sadistic needs - without any regards to our planet.

Causing viruses and mutations to occur from nuclear irresponsibility. Killing off her people left and right to satisfy the greed for power. Our planet has been kindly to us so far but that could change even more - hurricanes, tornadoes, freezing weather and tsunamis to get rid of some of the junk we have put on her and recycle it back into natural ingredients. Gaea could even be intelligently deciding who to kill off of the ones who have been harming her.

Impossible, you say - think again do you know everything there is to know?

I'm not sure what your point about the center of the galaxy is, or who told you that nonsense, but its simply not true. Why this nonsense keeps persisting, despite easy to find information, and how easy it is to research observstionally is beyond me. But just a tip, you may have valid points, but talking about being at the center of the galaxy is just going to make people assume everything else you write with that is just as nonsensical.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Years ago, I done a lot of core drilling in Hazard, and many other towns in Ky. and those mines are always putting shots off. At times, it can feel like an earth quake. I'm thinking that's what this is.
Or frickety, frack, fracking.
edit on 27-1-2013 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I Greet you!
I suspect due to the U.S., Government's search for the "God Particle" or some call the Higgs Boson may have something to do with many things. They have facilities near these areas and who knows of them secret ones.
Search fo God Particle

Search for God Particle

Now, we all know the where abouts for the fracking and the U.S. Government has no problem diclosing information about these activities and they did pick good areas to search for this , "God Particle". Where else in the world is it safe to conduct such tests, and all of a sudden we got increase activity in The New Madrid Seismic Zone sometimes called the New Madrid Fault Line, is a major seismic zone.
As far as the noise, could be Harmonic Frequency.
Now, I claim to not know anything, but its a theory of mine.
edit on 27-1-2013 by chachonee because: spelling error

edit on 27-1-2013 by chachonee because: and spacing url's

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join