It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking- SWAT and County Sheriff Raiders Pull Arsenal, Records From Home

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

Plus, anyone there making an issue could be as easily targeted, and as easily invaded. If this was some criminal, they would have stated that. Drugs at the scene would also have been stated. That nothing was stated means this was most likely not a criminal.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I hate it when the number of a thing is used to drum up excitement and fear.

So what if I have 5, 50, 500 or 5000 guns. I only have two hands.

The only instances where number of guns becomes an issue is if the guy is operating as an unlawful dealer or is actually holding the armory of a real active group under investigation in its own right.

Otherwise it's completely irrelevant how many of a thing some dude has.

You must remember that how a person thinks, their ideology, also comes into play. No one collects guns like lawyers, if you know what I mean. And they know every-thing. As someone pointed out: Hitler is proud.

I am troubled by the decided lack of stars for the chaps who succinctly state that we are NOT a Democracy.

I have seen this repeatedly, as though it were stated on a dead thread nobody sees. But these aren't dead threads.

You see a star there, it is mine.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

I hate to disagree but this isn't true for most, if not all, schools. My wife and I have worked for schools for several years and the only time a school performs a "lock-down" is when an active shooter/intruder is either on campus or on campus at another school in town.

If schools went under lock-down every time the police where near, they'd be closed all day!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Seizing anything at all for no reason that they are willing to give indicates they had no legal reason for it. They'll make something up later is my guess.

Seizing property for no reason amounts to theft.

This was a government sanctioned theft. Lot of that going on these days.

edit on 2013/1/26 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

New Mexico stands out. Until I know it's not a drug gang I'll bite my tongue.

Maybe Eric Holder is trying to get some of his Fast and Furious guns back before they get discovered, too? It would certainly explain the lack of arrests - can't have that going to court, where all kinds of information might come out into the open...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Maybe Eric Holder is trying to get some of his Fast and Furious guns back before they get discovered, too? It would certainly explain the lack of arrests - can't have that going to court, where all kinds of information might come out into the open...

This was my thought process on it and I'm surprised that it took 2 1/2 pages for someone to point it out!

But in this case, it would be Mrs. Napolitano doing Mr. Holder's dirty work...
I figure in a few days we will hear about a story where the DHS completed a 3 year investigation, with countless millions spent and many, many man-hours, to track down (two dozen out of thousands) missing rifles involved with the F&F fiasco...They will make it sound like they re-acquired a lion's share, but we will know the truth!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
Looks a lot like game on to me.

I would bet that this will end with charges dropped and guns not returned, which I am OK with. I want citizens to bear arms, even semi-auto rifles, but I don't want the nut job next door (and there really is no debating the probability that this guy is a nut job) owning more firearms than he does pieces of silverware.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

hmmmmm. NM, no details but aresenal recovered

my first thought was ... aha, Holder & co finally found the weapons of interest not yet recovered from F&F

and on that thought, i'm betting chatter of this 'raid' fades into the sunset.
however, the proximity of the school shall linger for weeks

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

good, i'm not the only one thinkin' it ... thanks for saying so.

and you're right, it they are related, this story will disappear quickly.
i'm also curious why there's been no subsequent mention of arrests.

hopefully, the public's attention span hasn't suffered irreparable damage.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Dawgishly

I would bet that this will end with charges dropped and guns not returned, which I am OK with. I want citizens to bear arms, even semi-auto rifles, but I don't want the nut job next door (and there really is no debating the probability that this guy is a nut job) owning more firearms than he does pieces of silverware.

So owning a large amount of firearms equals being a nut job in your book?
What if they're not his, what if he happens to fix them on the side?
The MSM accomplished is job brainwashing you.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

At first I as like this is a routine warrant being served. However after watching the video and listening to the neighbors being interviewed I'd say this could be another setup. This isn't just an ordinary search warrant or drug bust. No DEA and why is DHS there? Also the media was referred to the US attorney for information. Also one neighbor being interviewed conveniently mentions the guy was conservative and all the talk about a couple dozen guns being an arsenal that could supply a gun store. Also where did they find the guy whose kids school got locked down? All just a little too convenient...

Probably some dumb ass mouthing off on the internet and they will blow it up into a phony crisis they can take advantage of... Even if it turns out to be nothing this type of thing is definitely something to keep an eye on when ever they happen.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

so TA, it's nearly a week later, no updates ??
didn't see anything on the site from your OP and haven't read anything elsewhere, what's the story or better yet, where did it go ???

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

so TA, it's nearly a week later, no updates ??
didn't see anything on the site from your OP and haven't read anything elsewhere, what's the story or better yet, where did it go ???

Well, according to the story, the Dept of Justice was contacted by the reporter, as directed, to which one of Mr. Holder's gang stated that, "It's an ongoing investigation".
And, if history has ever shown us anything, it is that, the Feds will leave no stone unturned, and no dollar un-spent, to get to the conclusion that they are "shooting" for.....

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by wulfgar
reply to post by Lonewulph

I hate to disagree but this isn't true for most, if not all, schools. My wife and I have worked for schools for several years and the only time a school performs a "lock-down" is when an active shooter/intruder is either on campus or on campus at another school in town.

If schools went under lock-down every time the police where near, they'd be closed all day!

Should have made myself clearer, I didn't mean if only 'police were in the area'.

In Florida, if we had significant police activity (such as serving a warrant), or any type of criminal fugitive running from us in the area of a mile of a school, we would instruct dispatch to call the school and begin lock down until we secured the fugitive or completed the search, our discretion.

edit on 28-1-2013 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Way to go KRQE investigative news team

The owner of the house and This antique gun collector/dealer with a nearby PO box , share the same name...which would explain the "arsenal" of rifle, after rifle, after rifle being pulled out of the home.

My guess is that there was a misunderstanding and/or disagreement involving the classification between antique and illegal weapons and it was This page that may have earned him a visit from the Feds.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
Way to go KRQE investigative news team

The owner of the house and This antique gun collector/dealer with a nearby PO box , share the same name...which would explain the "arsenal" of rifle, after rifle, after rifle being pulled out of the home.

My guess is that there was a misunderstanding and/or disagreement involving the classification between antique and illegal weapons and it was This page that may have earned him a visit from the Feds.

This is EXACTLY what myself and others have said, he's possibly a dealer or repairs them on the side, so all you people who thought he was an 'insane gun owning psycho', stuff that in your pipes and smoke it!!!
This is what happens when gun grabbers ASSUME things.....

edit on 1/28/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

well ok, if that's the case, hopefully this owner can sue the pants off whomever signed the invalid warrant
... seems to be alot of that going 'round these days.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
A closer examination of the jackets on the scene lead me to believe this is a tax fraud investigation.

New Mexico Tax Fraud Investigation Division

The Tax Fraud Investigations Division (TFID) has the authority to investigate any potential violation of state statute related to taxes. TFID works with federal, state and local law enforcement entities in case development

So you have...

1. A gun dealer who is critical and outspoken about BATF...

Further, many other firearms have been reclassified by BATF as NFA firearms long after they were sold to citizens and in general circulation! BATF appears far more interested in pursuing their own agenda - by prosecuting citizens and confiscating guns, than in helping citizens comply with the law

2. He owns and operates an internet site selling guns, many of which are classified as "curios and relics" and walk the very line of being on the list he complains about.

The BATF also classified many, many other NFA weapons (including machine guns) as "Curios and Relics" - historically significant, of higher monetary value - thus not likely to be used as a weapon, but these have not been removed from the NFRTR registration requirement.

Adams Guns Website

3. No arrests, but now his inventory is tied up in an ongoing a tax fraud investigation.

Looks to me like someone is flexing their muscles.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join