It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Botnet Control Servers Span the Globe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Botnet Control Servers Span the Globe

blogs.mcafee.com

McAfee Labs has long monitored botnet activities and their control servers as they plague the Internet. With millions of McAfee endpoints and network security appliances sending information to McAfee Global Threat Intelligence (GTI) in the cloud, coupled with a vast collection of malicious binary and proactive research, McAfee Labs has a clear view of botnet threats around the world.Topping the list of countries hosting active control servers is the United States.

Topping the list of countries hosting active control servers is the United States.
Here’s the list of top 10 countries hosti
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I guess every body already knows where all the hacking and bot nets come from. At least the most part of them. It seems McAfee Labs has decided to show peoplle with a global map showing them.

Seems the antivirus companies are begining to get pissed off at the hacking done by government contractors. Makes you wonder about Eugene Kaspersky kid being kiddnapped right after Kaspersky Labs outed STUXnet. And what really was going on in South America with John McAfee when he was wanted for murdering a ex US soldier? And now McAfee releases a map showing the US has most of the C&C along with the UK.

blogs.mcafee.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24-1-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I always wondered why the world was chasing Mcafee so hard, yet other murderers and crimial crooks seem to be allowed to get away!
edit on 24-1-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I wonder if he was collecting IP's and collecting the names of government contractors running spy operations? That would be a dirty secret the US and UK would not want to get out. Just look at what they did to Kaspersky. And I think this map is just a hint at what might have been collected on the C&C's ran by the US and UK.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Anyone wanna take the time to educate the ignorant folks as to what a "Bot net" is?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by foodstamp

When they put viruses on your computer to steal information it is sent back to a C&C and then gets more orders on what to steal next.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I suspect the government is trying reign in characters like John McAfee under there control. Before America and Europe tried to take control of people's internets they pretty much left it unregulated for decades, allowing corporations like McAfee to flourish.

People dont pay it much mind, but if you think about it you have a guy like John McAfee who owns that company, its his, he owns it and having the worlds largest internet security company like that at your disposal makes you A VERY POWERFUL MAN. Powerful people have powerful enemies I guess, probably including governments. How comfortable a government is knowing that they have private individuals with that sort of information and power in there hands would quite rightly be unsettling I guess.

Anyone wanna take the time to educate the ignorant folks as to what a "Bot net" is?

Its a bunch of computers you have remotely joined together in a network that you control.

edit on 24-1-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Strange when you look at this map where infections are. Africa has very little hacking going on. Makes you wonder why the NWO is hard up to invade all the countries in Africa.

home.mcafee.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp

Really ? I thought everyone who read anything online would know what a BotNet is.
Search engines are your friend :0

new topics

top topics

join