reply to post by kdog1982
Hey man, good to see you're cookin' - fab change for the whole family.
Many thumbs up on all stuff of the crockpot, a previous poster noted that handy item.
Always amazed when foodstuff is just tossed in to it, and comes out SO delicious 6 or so hours later...
Any kinda soup you want, try tossing in a few of the family's fave ingredients and see what you get. Had some great luck with that.
Meat goes on sale certain days, check with your local market. Bakery goods are usually cleared on Mondays/Tuesdays, we've noticed (just to note)
Just searched for and found a sweet treat, as they are needed too
Gad, these are SO good - a cookiesheet of delicious, melt-in-your-mouth "chocolate bars" so easy too
Cost around $5
1 c. br. sugar
1 c. butter
40 salted-top soda crackerss
1 pkg milk choc. chips (been said hersheys works best, I don't know)
Preheat to 350
- line med. cookie sheet w/ foil - grease or spray lightly
- line up crackers to cover the sheet
- in a saucepan melt butter & brown sugar over med. heat; bring to a boil stirring frequently, then boil for 2 min.
- cover all crackers w/mixture
- bake for 5 min. or until bubbling, pour chips over everything, immediately
- spread w/knife to cover, sprinkle w/nut and/or candy crumbs
- place in freezer for approx 1 hour, or til frozen, remove from foil immediately, break into pieces
Keep in the freezer if you like, really good cold. YUM.